Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An above average QB would make us playoff contenders.

I view Cutler in the "above average" group of QBs. 

With Cutler, we are still worse then the Bears.  We have so many holes and inexperience right now that I honestly believe there are only 5 QBs in this league that could make us playoff contenders (e.g. 9-7 record or better) this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'd call that worst case scenario. They should have someone more promising lined up as the backup this season. I'd rather have a guy taken in the later rounds of this draft being groomed to be the backup next year if not a guy besides Henne starting this season.

Henne shouldn't be here now, and he definitely should be replaced by the start of next season.

Do you even know what worst case scenario is?

Worst Case Scenario would be -  we still need Henne as a starter in 2016.  That's pretty simple.  

I think 2016 is both reasonable and realistic.  Henne's going to be on this team this year, as a starter or as a backup if we get a rookie who wows everyone.  And I think he'll still be a backup next year for either a rookie we draft this year or starting ahead of a rookie we draft next year.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Do you even know what worst case scenario is?

Worst Case Scenario would be -  we still need Henne as a starter in 2016.  That's pretty simple.  

I think 2016 is both reasonable and realistic.  Henne's going to be on this team this year, as a starter or as a backup if we get a rookie who wows everyone.  And I think he'll still be a backup next year for either a rookie we draft this year or starting ahead of a rookie we draft next year.  

That's beyond worse case scenario, that's more like a deliberately trying to be awful scenario. I get your point, but really any scenario for any season in which Henne is being paid by this team at all is a really bad scenario. After they signed him they should have tied the contract to a pole and held it up as a white flag to the rest of the league.

Quote:Ohhhhhh, OK. If I'm understanding this correctly - and I think I am - a good quarterback makes an NFL team a lot better??

What wizardry is this? Why have we not resolved this by now? It's obviously so easy.
Take your sarcasm elsewhere, everybody in the media and i'm sure some fans think our team as a whole is completely untalented and it's just untrue, we have talent on defense but their stats look bad because our offense gives the ball away so often. Our defense was actually pretty good last year aside from the game against the Browns where Gordon went off. 

Quote:Worst Case Scenario would be -  we still need Henne as a starter in 2016.  That's pretty simple. 
If that happens, people will lose their jobs.

If the Jags draft only one QB this year, Henne might have a long-term home as the backup unless Matt Scott makes some kind of crazy leap that takes him from part-time practice squad WR to full-time 53-man QB. If the Jags draft one guy in the first or second round, then another in the fourth or fifth, Henne will almost certainly be looking for a new home after the 2015 season, and maybe at the end of this year depending on how those guys develop.

In any case, if Henne is the opening day starter in 2015, there is reason for concern.

Get Tajh Boyd and we play in the super bowl next year.

What's interesting to me is the back ups this team has that we haven't seen in action... Matt Scott and Ricky stanzi would probably be more talked about if they were in this years draft and we already are grooming them on our roster... It kinda makes me feel comfortable not wasting a early pick unless the front office really feels it is the right move... Some people have the thought that if they didn't beat out heene last year they are worthless but at the same time henne couldn't beat out gabbert by is clearly better than better than him.

Quote:Get Tajh Boyd and we play in the super bowl next year.
ur probably just throwin a whoosh out there but I ve thought about a Watkins Boyd move a bit... I can't help but feeling it's a "throw crap at a wall and hope it sticks "move.. When u are looking at clowney or Mack coming in and almost certainly being a franchise player for years to come, Boyd and Watkins looks like a dumb move IMO.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2014, 02:28 PM by badger.)

Quote:ur probably just throwin a whoosh out there but I ve thought about a Watkins Boyd move a bit... I can't help but feeling it's a "throw crap at a wall and hope it sticks "move.. When u are looking at clowney or Mack coming in and almost certainly being a franchise player for years to come, Boyd and Watkins looks like a dumb move IMO.
Yes I would like to see us get both.

Draft Watkins, get a pass rusher round 2?

Quote:Yes I would like to see us get both.

Draft Watkins, get a pass rusher round 2?
i still feel like second round pass rush is hit or miss in comparison so Mack or clowney... But I wouldn't be apposed to Watkins if those two aren't there.... I think we have brought in enough vets on d that we shouldn't have to waste picks if we r completely sure in the pick... That's what I really about Caldwell... I can say that about almost every position... I would imagine that is a position every gm is tryin to fight for.

Quote:i still feel like second round pass rush is hit or miss in comparison so Mack or clowney... But I wouldn't be apposed to Watkins if those two aren't there.... I think we have brought in enough vets on d that we shouldn't have to waste picks if we r completely sure in the pick... That's what I really about Caldwell... I can say that about almost every position... I would imagine that is a position every gm is tryin to fight for.

just sucks that we have to use a #3 pick on a position that should have been filled with Blackmon.

Watkins would make sense

Quote:just sucks that we have to use a #3 pick on a position that should have been filled with Blackmon.

Watkins would make sense
couldnt agree more... Not to mention we traded up for Blackmon

Quote:just sucks that we have to use a #3 pick on a position that should have been filled with Blackmon.

Watkins would make sense

Which is why drafting for need is such a bad idea.

Should have stayed put and taken Poe.

Quote:Which is why drafting for need is such a bad idea.

Should have stayed put and taken Poe.
Poe + Marks would have been dirty. 

Quote:ur probably just throwin a whoosh out there but I ve thought about a Watkins Boyd move a bit... I can't help but feeling it's a "throw crap at a wall and hope it sticks "move.. When u are looking at clowney or Mack coming in and almost certainly being a franchise player for years to come, Boyd and Watkins looks like a dumb move IMO.
Clowney yes, Mack no.. I've watched 7 or 8 of his game tapes and in at least 2 of them he got stonewalled, and the other few he wasn't amazing. Anthony Barr will be better. 

We actually had a shot at beating Denver til the fourth quarter collapse. An outside linebacker and a few offensive lineman, paired with an average first year qb could put us in at least 6/7 win territory.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:We actually had a shot at beating Denver til the fourth quarter collapse. An outside linebacker and a few offensive lineman, paired with an average first year qb could put us in at least 6/7 win territory.

Haha, man, there are still people who believe this?

The Broncos were handling the Jaguars easily that whole game. They played a sloppy carefree game with no concern for the team across from them possibly being able to stand a chance, and won by about 20 points.

I wouldn't be surprised if their coaching staff spent that week preparing for the team they played in the next week instead of the Jaguars.

Quote:Haha, man, there are still people who believe this?

The Broncos were handling the Jaguars easily that whole game. They played a sloppy carefree game with no concern for the team across from them possibly being able to stand a chance, and won by about 20 points.

I wouldn't be surprised if their coaching staff spent that week preparing for the team they played in the next week instead of the Jaguars.
It was 12-14 halftime. 

Denver definitely looked past the Jaguars, and completely underestimated what they'd be facing.  They listened to the press, saw the betting line, and figured just showing up would be adequate to throttle Jacksonville.  The Jags gave them fits for most of the game before they finally just ran out of talent to maintain the pressure.  It was one of the most respectable losses this franchise has ever had, and I'm not a fan of losing.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It was 12-14 halftime. 

With the broncos fumbling inside the Jaguars 10 yard line and throwing a pick six.

The Broncos were never in serious danger of losing that game.

It's cute that you think the score at halftime meant anything.