Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
An above average QB would make us playoff contenders.

Henne and Gabbert both suck a lot, we know that. But if you look at the stats it's mind boggling how they even lead us to 4 wins. 

14 TDs, 21 INTS (Combined, Gabbert accounts for 1 TD and 7 int and Henne accounts for 13 TDs and 14 INTS.)

That's amazing, 14 passing touchdowns all year (excluding Ace/Mojos TD passes for obvious reasons)

Even if we got an above average QB who could give us 22-25 TDs in a season I honestly think we could content for a playoff spot this year, yeah the team is extremely young but the fact that we even won 4 games with that pittiful play at the QB position speaks volumes about the rest of our team. And yes I considered 22-25 TDs average, I know we're used to 10-15 TD passes per year but trust me, that number is not even close to what the majority of teams put up. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Henne's not as terrible as people make him out to be. He's not a guy that you'd want starting long-term, but I think that he'll surprise a few people if he's behind a competent OL with a credible running game to key off of. He's not a 30 TD, 10 INT Pro Bowl guy, nor will he ever be, but 20 TD against 14 INTs is something I could see him doing next year, and that might be enough to push for 8-8.

David Garrard threw for 23 TDs one year. That stands as the greatest TD production for a Jaguars QB in our two decade history.

19 teams bettered that number last year.

I'm ready. I am ready for a franchise QB.

Quote:David Garrard threw for 23 TDs one year. That stands as the greatest TD production for a Jaguars QB in our two decade history.

19 teams bettered that number last year.

I'm ready. I am ready for a franchise QB.
Indeed, it's pretty sad that 23 TDs is the best we've had, QBs every year tossing 35-40 and ofc the elites throwing 45+ it's just depressing. 

Quote:Indeed, it's pretty sad that 23 TDs is the best we've had, QBs every year tossing 35-40 and ofc the elites throwing 45+ it's just depressing.

Lets not forget that this team used the ancient style of "run first" for the longest time. Fred and Mojo was this team's bread and butter.. Times have changed and slowly are the Jags.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

An above average QB makes most teams a contender.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Henne is not bad, hes a great back up QB, sadly thats all he is a backup. 

Ohhhhhh, OK. If I'm understanding this correctly - and I think I am - a good quarterback makes an NFL team a lot better??

What wizardry is this? Why have we not resolved this by now? It's obviously so easy.

drunj

What an awful thread.

;

;

Well, you're not wrong.

Rumor is if you have a good trio of GM, Owner and Coaches you'll have a better team.

This just in!  Water is wet!

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Henne and Gabbert both suck a lot, we know that. But if you look at the stats it's mind boggling how they even lead us to 4 wins. 

14 TDs, 21 INTS (Combined, Gabbert accounts for 1 TD and 7 int and Henne accounts for 13 TDs and 14 INTS.)

That's amazing, 14 passing touchdowns all year (excluding Ace/Mojos TD passes for obvious reasons)

Even if we got an above average QB who could give us 22-25 TDs in a season I honestly think we could content for a playoff spot this year, yeah the team is extremely young but the fact that we even won 4 games with that pittiful play at the QB position speaks volumes about the rest of our team. And yes I considered 22-25 TDs average, I know we're used to 10-15 TD passes per year but trust me, that number is not even close to what the majority of teams put up. 
Gabbert isnt even on the team anymore...?

Chad is insurance they want him to be a good QB but he needs weapons and a good Oline. What did Gus and the OC keep saying about Chad, that he's tough and can take a hit.  He's mainly a backup QB but with quesionable running game, no oline, and one famous wr that may never play in the NFL again why spend your 3rd overall and tons of money on a guy who would get killed behind this oline (not to mention blow his confidence) and he'll look bad??

A lot of glaring needs but a defense built team based on defense minded coach is going to go with his new Leo (either Clowney or Mack deal with it),

and probably the 2nd or 3rd round too.

Quote:Ohhhhhh, OK. If I'm understanding this correctly - and I think I am - a good quarterback makes an NFL team a lot better??

What wizardry is this? Why have we not resolved this by now? It's obviously so easy.

was just about to post something like this...

I mean, really?? An above average QB pretty much makes any NFL team a playoff contender. 

No GIF, Op? I'm disappointed.

Quote:Henne and Gabbert both suck a lot, we know that. But if you look at the stats it's mind boggling how they even lead us to 4 wins. 

You overestimate the strength of the roster and the weakness of the rest of the AFC.

Without a seriously good QB this team won't be beating the colts out for the AFCS title, and without the AFCS title they're competing with KC, the bengals, the ravens, and the steelers for the wildcard, just to name a few.

If by above average you mean top 10 then it might be enough to bring the team into wildcard contention. If you mean Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, or Sam Bradford then I don't think those guys would be enough to seriously take this roster to even .500.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2014, 10:36 AM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:Henne's not as terrible as people make him out to be. He's not a guy that you'd want starting long-term, but I think that he'll surprise a few people if he's behind a competent OL with a credible running game to key off of. He's not a 30 TD, 10 INT Pro Bowl guy, nor will he ever be, but 20 TD against 14 INTs is something I could see him doing next year, and that might be enough to push for 8-8.

I think you're overestimating Henne's abilities.

He's never thrown more Touchdowns than interceptions in a season.  He's a semi-competent backup, but really nothing more.  He won't lead this team to 8-8, and if you honestly believe he can... I think you'll be in for disappointment this season.  If we get Blackmon back, he should put up better stats.  At least ones that won't make you want to crawl under the bed and wait for 2015.  But I don't see him getting us many wins. 

Best case scenario IMO is that we no longer need Henne's services by 2016.  As a backup or otherwise.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I think you're overestimating Henne's abilities.

He's never thrown more Touchdowns than interceptions in a season.  He's a semi-competent backup, but really nothing more.  He won't lead this team to 8-8, and if you honestly believe he can... I think you'll be in for disappointment this season.  If we get Blackmon back, he should put up better stats.  At least ones that won't make you want to crawl under the bed and wait for 2015.  But I don't see him getting us many wins. 

Best case scenario IMO is that we no longer need Henne's services by 2016.  As a backup or otherwise.

I'd call that worst case scenario. They should have someone more promising lined up as the backup this season. I'd rather have a guy taken in the later rounds of this draft being groomed to be the backup next year if not a guy besides Henne starting this season.

Henne shouldn't be here now, and he definitely should be replaced by the start of next season.