Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beadles coming this way

Great pick up

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Care to give us some names instead of just standard cliche?

Just don't answer the kid. He's on here just to get responses from you guys
Shock the world

13 mil gua? Not bad. Basically a slightly better version of Uche who is better in the ZBS. I'm for it.

Quote:Care to give us some names instead of just standard cliche?

Don't get trolled.

;

;

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS'>Pete Prisco ‏@<b>PriscoCBS</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/443483723204665345' title="4:28 PM - 11 Mar 2014">19s</a>

<p class="">That's a lot of money for Zane Beadles. Thought he was weak link last season in Denver.

Guard is one of the least important positions in football, I just don't understand picking one up in FA.

i'm just worried about the last sentence in that ESPN article, Looking for more power in the middle :S 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 04:35 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Good run blocker, hope we didnt overpay.

We did. Asomoah only got 4.5 MIL per. Asomoah is younger & better, IMO. 

Quote:Man that's too much for Beadles. He really needs to return to 2012 form to come close to justifying that and not ya know...every other year of his career except that one that has been below average.

Agreed. 

Quote:Only $13 million guaranteed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/105906...nsive-line

only? Thats a lot for a Guard whose been subpar during most of his career. I would think 9 or 10 MIL guaranteed would have been fair. 

Quote:What a waste of money... that much for a guard?

hope for the best, I guess. Not expecting it, but will hope for it. 

Quote:We did. Asomoah only got 4.5 MIL per. Asomoah is younger & better. 

Agreed. 

only? Thats a lot for a Guard whose been subpar during most of his career. 

How could we have ever guessed you wouldn't agree with this signing? I am shocked.

Quote:i'm just worried about the last sentence in that ESPN article, Looking for more power in the middle :S
After the highest flying offense just got shutdown, I'm not surprised they want to run the ball. Definitely have some finesse passblockers with Joeckel and Zane on the left

Quote:What a waste of money... that much for a guard?
We have the 2nd most cap room in the NFL how are we wasting money? 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:How could we have ever guessed you wouldn't agree with this signing? I am shocked.

Not sure why you like the signing. Because it fills a position of need? So what?

Quote:hope for the best, I guess. Not expecting it, but will hope for it. 
Somehow I knew you wouldn't like this. Did it ever occur to you that maybe Asamoah wanted to be in Atlanta more? Or that the Jags might not have seen him as a schematic fit. From the looks of it, there was a bidding war for Beadles and nothing of the sort for Asamoah.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 04:38 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Pete Prisco ‏@<b>PriscoCBS</b> 19s

That's a lot of money for Zane Beadles. Thought he was weak link last season in Denver.

When Pete Prisco isn't brother in law'ing the Jags, you KNOW it was a questionable move....

Pete even liked/ defended the Gabbert draft pick, IIRC. 

Quote:Not sure why you like the signing. Because it fills a position of need? So what?

Because I trust this GM regimen and their research more than message board GM's.

Quote:We have the 2nd most cap room in the NFL how are we wasting money?

Not gonna have the most if we keep wasting it lol.

Quote:When Pete Prisco isn't brother in law'ing the Jags, you KNOW it was a questionable move....

Pete even liked/ defended the Gabbert draft pick, IIRC. 

Pete calls it like he sees it but also admits when he is wrong.

Quote:When Pete Prisco isn't brother in law'ing the Jags, you KNOW it was a questionable move....

Pete even liked the Gabbert draft pick, IIRC.

Exactly.

So what makes you think he's right about Beatles?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Exactly.

So what makes you think he's right about Beatles?

Whoops!

Quote:Because I trust this GM regimen and their research more than message board GM's.

Wasn't he the worse ranked lineman on the Bronco's last year according to PFF? I'm gonna guess that Caldwell knows he's overspending because he doesn't think he's going to be able to patch that position in the draft. So I'm pretty sure well be playong a rookie QB that year if hes that concerned about the oline.