Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rapper DMX vs. George Zimmerman set for celebrity punch-up

Quote:I'd be willing to bet that not many would hire him. He'd either have to do what he's doing, or leech off the system like so many choose to do.

That's a good point.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As I read the replies I can only smh......

Quote:Stop. Drop. Shut em down, open up shop.
Ohhhh. Noooo. that's how ruff rhyda's rollllohhhhh.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I won't watch it. Because I personally feel that DMX is going to embarrass him out there. I'll just read about it the next morning on the front page of Yahoo! or something like that. Whether he's doing it for charity or not, the fact is, he's only relevant right now in this Country because of his involvement in a controversial trial, and even more so, a controversial death that really shouldn't have occured and should have been avoided. It's very sickening to me personally that we, as Americans, tolerate this and sit back and allow it to happen. Just goes to show you that it's all about the money here.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I won't watch it. Because I personally feel that DMX is going to embarrass him out there. I'll just read about it the next morning on the front page of Yahoo! or something like that. Whether he's doing it for charity or not, the fact is, he's only relevant right now in this Country because of his involvement in a controversial trial, and even more so, a controversial death that really shouldn't have occured and should have been avoided. It's very sickening to me personally that we, as Americans, tolerate this and sit back and allow it to happen. Just goes to show you that it's all about the money here.

what are we as Americans supposed to do?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:what are we as Americans supposed to do?

Do the best you can not to support it. I'm not saying let's all get together, hold hands, walk a million miles from state-to-state and sing happy songs together. I know there really isn't much we can do about it. Money runs the table. And money talks. The more money you have, the easier it is to pull things off. It's not hard to see that. At the end of the day, it is what it is. And it's a shame. Do you really think our founding fathers would approve of a man of Zimmerman's status participating in such an event for millions to see?

Quote:Do the best you can not to support it. I'm not saying let's all get together, hold hands, walk a million miles from state-to-state and sing happy songs together. I know there really isn't much we can do about it. Money runs the table. And money talks. The more money you have, the easier it is to pull things off. It's not hard to see that. At the end of the day, it is what it is. And it's a shame. Do you really think our founding fathers would approve of a man of Zimmerman's status participating in such an event for millions to see?

No way, I won't watch it or support it he's a scumbag for sure. Personally I wouldn't shed a tear if DMX beat him beyond recognition.

Quote:No way, I won't watch it or support it he's a scumbag for sure. Personally I wouldn't shed a tear if DMX beat him beyond recognition.

Why do I feel like the fight will never even happen?

If DMX works out a bit and gets in shape, I'd imagine he would kill him.  The guy looked pretty built back in the day...problem is this is 2014.  This would be a good way to kick start his career...he was awesome back in the day.

Quote:Do the best you can not to support it. I'm not saying let's all get together, hold hands, walk a million miles from state-to-state and sing happy songs together. I know there really isn't much we can do about it. Money runs the table. And money talks. The more money you have, the easier it is to pull things off. It's not hard to see that. At the end of the day, it is what it is. And it's a shame. Do you really think our founding fathers would approve of a man of Zimmerman's status participating in such an event for millions to see?

Absolutely. I think they would support his right to do so whether your, I or they disagree. I think that is the point.

Quote:Why do I feel like the fight will never even happen?

If DMX works out a bit and gets in shape, I'd imagine he would kill him.  The guy looked pretty built back in the day...problem is this is 2014.  This would be a good way to kick start his career...he was awesome back in the day.

I doubt it happens either, and if it does I don't think it'll be that big of a deal. Honestly boxing is a dead sport the UFC is where it's at. Now if Zimmerman was willing to get into a UFC fight with just about anyone, that would be entertainment!

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2014, 06:54 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

Quote: 

Winning a civil suit for the wrongul death of a child dosent equate to fighting in "a charity" boxing match for entertainment.

He lost alot of time by being in jail, but Trayvon lost his life altogether. 

All of the evidence suggests that "child" attacked Zimmerman.

Assuming Trayvon wasn't killed, he would've been arrested and taken to an adult jail for Battery--Visible Harm and, potentially, a more aggravated offense.  

I'd imagine that almost all of the police departments across the US would've released Zimmerman without an arrest. If you read the arrest warrant, you'd see that there was ZERO evidence to suggest Zimmerman killed Martin outside of self-defense.  

Quote:All of the evidence suggests that "child" attacked Zimmerman.

Assuming Trayvon wasn't killed, he would've been arrested and taken to an adult jail for Battery--Visible Harm and, potentially, a more aggravated offense.  

I'd imagine that almost all of the police departments across the US would've released Zimmerman without an arrest. If you read the arrest warrant, you'd see that there was ZERO evidence to suggest Zimmerman killed Martin outside of self-defense.  

Agreed 100%, still think the guy is a scumbag and wouldn't mind seeing the snot kicked out of him.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2014, 10:47 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:All of the evidence suggests that "child" attacked Zimmerman.

It's very interesting you put the word child in quotation marks. After all, he was under the age of 18 when he was murdered by Zimmerman. 

I think its unfair to assume what would Trayvon could have been charged with if he wasn't killed. There is the possibility he never faces charges or gets charged with a misdemeanor depending on what account he gives.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

and with it becoming a Trayvon vs Zimmerman debate I'm out

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2014, 02:06 AM by JagsFan1.)

Quote:It's very interesting you put the word child in quotation marks. After all, he was under the age of 18 when he was murdered by Zimmerman.

I think its unfair to assume what would Trayvon could have been charged with if he wasn't killed. There is the possibility he never faces charges or gets charged with a misdemeanor depending on what account he gives.
Bro don't even try to debate this. Trayvon, Oscar Grant, Jordan Davis & many more were just thugs remember.......

Quote:It's very interesting you put the word child in quotation marks. After all, he was under the age of 18 when he was murdered by Zimmerman. 

I quoted child because of the way you used it. It appeared your purpose was to immunize Martin from his own actions. Martin is only considered a child in terms of parenting, cigarettes, and the military. Otherwise, he's old enough to go to big-boy jail. 

Zimmerman should've been smart enough not to follow Martin, but those actions weren't illegal, and being dumb isn't illegal--yet. 

With the evidence produced by the police department, Trayvon would've, most assuredly, been charged. The arrest warrant issued by special prosecutor was rookie-level stuff. I didn't see an iota of evidence sufficient in the arrest of Zimmerman. It was based in the emotion of the situation. The fact that they skipped the grand jury phase should show you how apparent the lack of evidence was... grand juries practically hand out charges. The special prosecutor didn't feel as though there would've been enough. Otherwise, they would've gone forward with it. I see it all the time. 

BTW, Battery (unless rendering a body part useless) is a misdemeanor. If I was there, and the evidence remained the same, then it would've been enough for Battery. 

Quote:and with it becoming a Trayvon vs Zimmerman debate I'm out
it was a matter of time before that happened given who was posting in this topic.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:and with it becoming a Trayvon vs Zimmerman debate I'm out

TBH, Im surprised this topic is still open.

Quote:Bro don't even try to debate this. Trayvon, Oscar Grant, Jordan Davis & many more were just thugs remember.......

Oh yeah, I been recognize the code word game.

Quote:I quoted child because of the way you used it. It appeared your purpose was to immunize Martin from his own actions. Martin is only considered a child in terms of parenting, cigarettes, and the military. Otherwise, he's old enough to go to big-boy jail. 

Zimmerman should've been smart enough not to follow Martin, but those actions weren't illegal, and being dumb isn't illegal--yet. 

With the evidence produced by the police department, Trayvon would've, most assuredly, been charged. The arrest warrant issued by special prosecutor was rookie-level stuff. I didn't see an iota of evidence sufficient in the arrest of Zimmerman. It was based in the emotion of the situation. The fact that they skipped the grand jury phase should show you how apparent the lack of evidence was... grand juries practically hand out charges. The special prosecutor didn't feel as though there would've been enough. Otherwise, they would've gone forward with it. I see it all the time.  

BTW, Battery (unless rendering a body part useless) is a misdemeanor. If I was there, and the evidence remained the same, then it would've been enough for Battery. 

I used child because he was a child when he was unnecessarily murdered which is a fact. I thought I made my stance clear on where I stood on his situation earlier in this thread.

Trayvon at best may have been temporairly charged with a misdemeanor, but the charges would have been dismissed, or dropped. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

http://news.yahoo.com/celebrity-fight-be...--box.html

that didn't take long

If rather see the ocho cinco vs greg jones fight.