Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags 2014 Draft Predictions

Quote:I hope that is wrong. Watt and Clowney scares me. I hope the texans grab a QB and then the falcons trade up to #2 for clowney, tho I would be happy if the browns traded to #2 for Manziel and then the Falcons traded up to us for Clowney.

If the Texans grab a quarterback, they go to the playoffs and we will have another 4-12 season. They are a quarterback away from the playoffs and will not get there without one even with Clowney.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If the Texans grab a quarterback, they go to the playoffs and we will have another 4-12 season. They are a quarterback away from the playoffs and will not get there without one even with Clowney.

Says the swami. 

Quote:Says the swami. 

Says all of the media.

Quote:Says all of the media.

That same media stated that Houston was going deep into the playoffs this past season as well. How did that turn out?
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Texans with Bortles or Schuab/Clowney probably make a wildcard spot. This year was a fluke.

Quote:That same media stated that Houston was going deep into the playoffs this past season as well. How did that turn out?

Every year some teams do that. The media can't get everything right. But they did correctly pick the Super Bowl participants.

Quote:Texans with Bortles or Schuab/Clowney probably make a wildcard spot. This year was a fluke.

All I ever read is "a quarterback away from the playoffs." Not a defensive end away from the playoffs. So they would be stupid not to pick a quarterback.

Quote:Yep, not many people could believe we would draft an OT that high and put him at RT.  My logic was - why not?  It will only be for one year, then Monroe would be gone.  Plus, the Chiefs drafting at #1 were set to do the same thing.

I agreed with you.  There were a few of us who figured it would be Fisher or Joeckel, whoever was there.

You nailed the Ace Sanders pick, too.  Props.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 08:50 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:All I ever read is "a quarterback away from the playoffs." Not a defensive end away from the playoffs. So they would be stupid not to pick a quarterback.

I think Schuab is still a decent to pretty good QB.They need to reup at WR and TE. Hopkins needs to improve. Andre and Daniels are old.

Quote:I would think only Fales would be available later, and that would be round 3-4.  Manziel will definitely go in round 1.  Carr should go in the 1st since their are so many teams that need a QB.  Once again the position will be over-drafted in round 1.

Quote:If we get Clowney we miss out on Manziel.

I like Manziel, but he carries a lot of risk without even talking about his character (frenetic in the pocket, a bit frail, small, questionable decision making). I don't think a lot of GMs will bet their career by spending their 1st pick on Manziel.

Quote:I like Manziel, but he carries a lot of risk without even talking about his character (frenetic in the pocket, a bit frail, small, questionable decision making). I don't think a lot of GMs will bet their career by spending their 1st pick on Manziel.
GMs bet their careers on every QB they take high. Manziel is not the kind of QB that you're gonna wonder what he is in his second season. He will either have the "magic" or he won't and if he doesnt then you draft a better QB next year and hope that saves your job. LOL

Quote:I like Manziel, but he carries a lot of risk without even talking about his character (frenetic in the pocket, a bit frail, small, questionable decision making). I don't think a lot of GMs will bet their career by spending their 1st pick on Manziel.

If that description matches a Super Bowl quarterback, I would not worry about it.

Quote:If that description matches a Super Bowl quarterback, I would not worry about it.
I don't see the point

Quote:I don't see the point

Russell Wilson is only 5-11, but has large hands and runs a lot. Kinda like Johnny Manziel.

Quote:Russell Wilson is only 5-11, but has large hands and runs a lot. Kinda like Johnny Manziel.

My neighbor Rita is about 5-11 with big hands and runs a lot. What's your point?

Quote:Russell Wilson is only 5-11, but has large hands and runs a lot. Kinda like Johnny Manziel.
Russell Wilson is not frail, he's not frenetic in the pocket and he doesn't have questionable decision making, WIlson has also a much better arm. Besides their height and hand size, Wilson and Manziel are nothing alike.

So, I still don't see the point.

What's Ritas completion percentage and win loss record? What does Mayock think of Rita? I'm intrigued.

I don't get the "questionable decisions making" that keeps coming up. What comes to mind when I think of it is he does throw a lot of 50/50 balls, which he'll have to cut down on granted but not bad decisions in my book. I havent seen every snap he's taken so I could be wrong. Maybe he does make some bad decisions but Andrew Luck threw 7 INTs in the playoffs and some of them were right to the defender. So is he a questionable decision maker?

Also I don't think Johnny is "frail" either. He needs to take less hits, yes. I've seen him run out of bounds though and I've seen him slide, though not often. So it is possible for him to avoid contact.

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2014, 08:34 AM by KL1gus.)

Quote:I don't get the "questionable decisions making" that keeps coming up. What comes to mind when I think of it is he does throw a lot of 50/50 balls, which he'll have to cut down on granted but not bad decisions in my book. I havent seen every snap he's taken so I could be wrong. Maybe he does make some bad decisions but Andrew Luck threw 7 INTs in the playoffs and some of them were right to the defender. So is he a questionable decision maker?

He hates the checkdown and would rather throw into multiple coverage.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/johnny-m...miss-2013/

At 1:32 in this video he buys time, but finally gets sacked, instead of going down he throws left handed from his back foot. And this is not a one time occurrence, he just hates to give up on plays.

Quote:Texans with Bortles or Schuab/Clowney probably make a wildcard spot. This year was a fluke.
Agreed.

Football is a crazy sport... Here are their close losses this season.

Seahawks by 3

Chiefs by 1

colts by 3

Cards by 3

Raiders by 5

Jags by 7

Pats by 3

Jags by 7

Titans  by 6

Saints by 8

Thats 10 losses by 1 score or less. 5 of those losses were to playoff teams and the other was to a 10 win Cardinal team. Give them Clowney, a healthy Cush, a healthy Foster and Bill O'brien? Yikes...

Quote:Agreed.

Football is a crazy sport... Here are their close losses this season.

Seahawks by 3

Chiefs by 1

colts by 3

Cards by 3

Raiders by 5

Jags by 7

Pats by 3

Jags by 7

Titans by 6

Saints by 8

Thats 10 losses by 1 score or less. 5 of those losses were to playoff teams and the other was to a 10 win Cardinal team. Give them Clowney, a healthy Cush, a healthy Foster and Bill O'brien? Yikes...
Foster being hurt most of the year is what hurt them. He is one of the best players in yhe league and they are a run first team. He is what makes the wheels turn in that offense!