Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Duff gone

Quote:Our LBs have been awful, other than relying on their own background and talent. He really didn't develop anything at all.
You are attempting to make something out of the fact that Duffner has split.

http://youtu.be/djALjaTAqek

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would love for us to somehow get Ken Norton Jr on staff. I wanted Norton for DC once Bradley was hired.

Quote:I would love for us to somehow get Ken Norton Jr on staff. I wanted Norton for DC once Bradley was hired.

Norton Jr for DC and demote Babich to LB coach would be ideal. 

Won't happen, but would be ideal. 

I liked Duff. Always great with fans. And he does a great Patton impersonation.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Good riddance. 

As many of you know, I was never a Mark Duffner fan and quite frankly never understood why so many would defend him so vehemently whenever I'd criticize him. How he managed to keep his job this long and through 3 different regimes is beyond me. We had very little LB development under his watch. 

Probably because its an another example of you lying using your overactive imagination to act like he has the slightest clue of what is going on in the hope of a little attention.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

I couldn't stop laughing to read any farther after getting to "as many of you know..."

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Why is it they say Coaches are accepting the same job with another team but when an Accounting Supervisor leaves IBM to take an Accounting Supervisor position at GM, they say he switched jobs ?

Quote:Why is it they say Coaches are accepting the same job with another team but when an Accounting Supervisor leaves IBM to take an Accounting Supervisor position at GM, they say he switched jobs ?

You're talking semantics here.

When they say "job" in the coaching sense they are talking about their role within the organization. When they say job in the supervisor at IBM going to work at GM sense they mean his actual paid position. Both guys are getting new jobs, you could also say either one of them is still doing the same job with a different organization.

Good. Now when we draft our future all pro linebacker Khalil Mack he won't be tainted by a dude who didn't want to be here.

Quote:Probably because its an another example of you lying using your overactive imagination to act like he has the slightest clue of what is going on in the hope of a little attention.

what are you talking about?

Quote:You are attempting to make something out of the fact that Duffner has split.

http://youtu.be/djALjaTAqek
The only one who is trying to make something out of the fact that he left is you. He wasn't a great coach. Big deal. He's gone now, and Gus gets to bring in his own guy.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

I wish him the best with the Dolphins.  I don't know the guy personally and we don't hear a lot about him obviously as a position coach.  As far as the LB play in his tenure it hasn't been anything special and I look forward to seeing if we can bring in an upgrade there.

LOL.  Duff probably just  wanted to coach a true 4-3 again with a staff he has ties to.  Big deal. Any fool can see that the LBs play a different role in Bradley's defense than on a traditional 4-3 a significant portion of the time.  Duff probably isn't suited to or fond of the scheme.  Big whoop.   Trying to make it reflect negatively on Bradley is pretty laughable - especially if you want to call Duff a bad coach in the same breath. 

The whiners will try to twist anything and everything into something to bash the team or staff over.  Our LB coach left to coach his preferred scheme that he is likely much better at doing.  The sky must be falling, huh?  

Quote:LOL.  Duff probably just  wanted to coach a true 4-3 again with a staff he has ties to.  Big deal. Any fool can see that the LBs play a different role in Bradley's defense than on a traditional 4-3 a significant portion of the time.  Duff probably isn't suited to or fond of the scheme.  Big whoop.   Trying to make it reflect negatively on Bradley is pretty laughable - especially if you want to call Duff a bad coach in the same breath. 

The whiners will try to twist anything and everything into something to bash the team or staff over.  Our LB coach left to coach his preferred scheme that he is likely much better at doing.  The sky must be falling, huh?  

who are you refering to? 

I haven't twisted this into any Bradley bash. I've kept it strictly as a Duffner bash. He stinks. Good riddance. 

Quote:who are you refering to? 

I haven't twisted this into any Bradley bash. I've kept it strictly as a Duffner bash. He stinks. Good riddance. 
glad you are finally happy about something

Quote:glad you are finally happy about something

Yep as said, if they were smart they'd being Norton Jr in here as DC and demote Babich to LB coach where he'd be better suited. 

Always liked Duff; wish him the best. Surprised he of all people was one of the coaches to leave, but that's business for you.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:Always liked Duff; wish him the best. Surprised he of all people was one of the coaches to leave, but that's business for you.

Not sure why anyone would like Duffner from a perspective of actual job performance. 

Seems like all the people saying they liked Duff have some personal reason not related to his player developmental responsibilities. 

A guy like Jerry Sullivan should be liked. A bum like Duffner, shouldn't. 

It seems like Duffner did well with talented players like Smith and Poz. Russell Allen will never be a Pro Bowler, but he improved from a UDFA to a serviceable backup. For all we know he was as much a victim of Gene Smith as the organization as a whole, considering the silk purse from sow's ears issue. He is apparently well enough regarded by people who coach for a living to have lasted here through a lot of changes. I wish him well.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Maybe he was offered more money and was granted permission to make a lateral move. While I wholeheartedly believe that most people want to stay with the Jags, things like a financial future would trump that . I think Duffner did a great job here, and wish him well down the line.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.