Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Duff gone

Mark Duffner takes same job with Dolphins.

@ryanohalloran: #jaguars LB coach Mark Duffner has accepted same job with Dolphins.

Trainer mike Ryan always leaves.

@ryanohalloran: #jaguars trainer Mike Ryan, with team from the start, is leaving to pursue other interests.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So much for the coaches wanting to stay. Oh well, business is business.

Quote:Mark Duffner takes same job with Dolphins.

@ryanohalloran: #jaguars LB coach Mark Duffner has accepted same job with Dolphins.

@ryanohalloran: #jaguars trainer Mike Ryan, with team from the start, is leaving to pursue other interests.

What? But I thought Gus is so awesome that no one ever wanted to leave his side...

he was a hold over from past coaches maybe this lets Gus bring in his own guy now.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 11:38 AM by bleedingteal.)

Quote:What? But I thought Gus is so awesome that no one ever wanted to leave his side...
I thought he was so bad no one wanted anyone from his staff? You can't have it both ways.

Edit: wrong person.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2014, 10:56 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Good riddance. 

As many of you know, I was never a Mark Duffner fan and quite frankly never understood why so many would defend him so vehemently whenever I'd criticize him. How he managed to keep his job this long and through 3 different regimes is beyond me. We had very little LB development under his watch. 

Quote:Good riddance. 

As many of you know, I was never a Mark Duffner fan and quite frankly never understood why so many would defend him so vehemently whenever I'd criticize him. How he managed to keep his job this long and through 3 different regimes is beyond me. We had very little LB development under his watch. 

What stud caliber LBs did we really draft during his watch?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:What stud caliber LBs did we really draft during his watch?

Seeing what Jerry Sullivan gets from lesser drafted WR talent should illustrate what assistant coaches are supposed to do. Get more from less. Duffner rarely did this. 

Duffner represents underachievement for this franchise and I am glad he's gone. 

Quote:What stud caliber LBs did we really draft during his watch?
Daryl Smith, and he did a nice job.  The only other LB we drafted high was Durant IIRC. Durant was a decent player here, and hasn't developed into anything better anywhere else.

I thought he also did a nice job with Russell Allen as well. Seems like a decent coach to me

What would be ideal would be to demote Bob Babich to LB coach, and get a quality DC in here, but thats probably unlikely to happen. 

Quote:Seeing what Jerry Sullivan gets from lesser drafted WR talent should illustrate what assistant coaches are supposed to do. Get more from less. Duffner rarely did this. 

Not every position coach is going to be on Jerry's level. And it's not like our LB has been dismal during Duff's tenure

I thought Duffner did a decent job, with limited talent to work with. He's done well with furthering Poz, developed Allen into being decent, Hayes did better than his mediocre past projected, and Darryl Smith was far under-appreciated in this league. Maybe a change would be good, for the sake of change.

Quote:I thought he was so bad no one wanted anyone from his staff? You can't have it both ways.

You can if you want to. 

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I thought he was so bad no one wanted anyone from his staff? You can't have it both ways.

Go ahead and link a post where I said that.

Quote:Go ahead and link a post where I said that.

I have you mixed up with another poster in that thread. My apologies.

Edit: wrong person.

Notice what team he went to?? The Keystone Kops down there in Miami...

Quote:Seeing what Jerry Sullivan gets from lesser drafted WR talent should illustrate what assistant coaches are supposed to do. Get more from less. Duffner rarely did this. 

Oh really, like who? Typical TMD.

Quote:Mark Duffner takes same job with Dolphins.

So the linebacker coach and the trainer are splitting? 

Sounds injury-related to me.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Our LBs have been awful, other than relying on their own background and talent. He really didn't develop anything at all.

Quote:Our LBs have been awful, other than relying on their own background and talent. He really didn't develop anything at all.

thank you!!!!