Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
who will be the Jags 2014 breakout player of the year?

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 02:10 PM by knarnn.)

To be even more different...

Marcedes Lewis.

Once he gets competent QB play and above average blockers on the O-Line I can see him averaging 700 yards and 8 TDs. Still not worth his contract but noticeable improved play.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:To be even more different...

Marcedes Lewis.

Once he gets competent QB play and above average blockers on the O-Line I can see him averaging 700 yards and 8 TDs. Still not worth his contract but noticeable improved play.
. He better put up at least that for the money he's getting.

Will Ta'ufo'ou

Quote:I don't understand this choice. Ace's upside is limited, IMO. He could cap out as a Troy Edwards type clone, but he's never going to be TY Hilton or player like that. He doesn't have that kinda long speed. 

He should be a useful cog and good returner for us though, as long as he can stay healthy. 

Quote:Edelman's a good comparison. I agree. 

LOL.  100+ catches, 1000+ yards, 6 TDs  =  "cog"   

http://www.nfl.com/player/julianedelman/238498/profile

(if you want to take a shot at Ace's potential - better find a better comparison)

Quote:LOL. 100+ catches, 1000+ yards, 6 TDs = "cog"

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/player/julianedelman/238498/profile'>http://www.nfl.com/player/julianedelman/238498/profile</a>

(if you want to take a shot at Ace's potential - better find a better comparison)
. I think cog is a poor term but I agree Ace is replaceable but I wouldn't mind if Ace turned out like Elderman. Also Hilton's stats are almost identical although he has more deep speed IMO. I'd like to see what Ace does with a real QB.

Quote:LOL.  100+ catches, 1000+ yards, 6 TDs  =  "cog"   

Edleman is 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier. I really don't know how this idea that Edleman is tiny has gained so much traction. He isnt big, but he is bigger than Sanders.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Ace Sanders. Not sure what the receptions/season franchise record is (Jimmy owns it), but I think Ace can break it.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Ace Sanders. Not sure what the receptions/season franchise record is (Jimmy owns it), but I think Ace can break it.
you think Ace can get near 800 receptions, 10,000 plus yards and over 60 TDs?

Quote:you think Ace can get near 800 receptions, 10,000 plus yards and over 60 TDs?
I meant receptions in a season, but yes. 800 receptions next season. That's only 50 per game?

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 05:07 PM by ObjectiveJag.)

Quote:I meant receptions in a season, but yes. 800 receptions next season. That's only 50 per game?
I was talking career wise but even in a single season he'd need 117.

Ace Sanders.

Sorry, TMD.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 05:10 PM by rufftime.)

Teddy Bridgewater or Blake Bortles.

Edit: Non rookie - Gratz

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 05:17 PM by Predator_NFLFans.)

Quote:I was talking career wise but even in a single season he'd need 117.
At least its not 800.

I like the potential Ace has though, and I think he can become one of our main weapons on offense. Depends on Blackmon though. They need to get the ball to Ace as often as possible. He did break the rookie record for receptions in a season, here's to hoping he breaks the franchise record.

Edit: I see Ace having 80 next season.

Quote:At least its not 800.

I like the potential Ace has though, and I think he can become one of our main weapons on offense. Depends on Blackmon though. They need to get the ball to Ace as often as possible. He did break the rookie record for receptions in a season, here's to hoping he breaks the franchise record.

Edit: I see Ace having 80 next season.
I think Blackmon could only help Ace especially if JB draws double teams leaving Ace open in space.

Quote:LOL.  100+ catches, 1000+ yards, 6 TDs  =  "cog"   

I don't ever see Ace as a 100 catch guy. But he's the type of player Edelman is maybe a little less. Edelman has 100 catches because of Brady and necessity. 

oops forgot, "LOL". 

there ya go. 

Quote:Edleman is 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier. I really don't know how this idea that Edleman is tiny has gained so much traction. He isnt big, but he is bigger than Sanders.

I thought they were similar build/ height....hmmm, may have to find another comparison. 

Quote:I don't ever see Ace as a 100 catch guy. But he's the type of player Edelman is maybe a little less. Edelman has 100 catches because of Brady and necessity. 

oops forgot, "LOL". 

there ya go. 
You should watch the Patriots game tonight.   Ace and Edelman are quite different from one another.  Seriously.   They are.  

Edelman has a little bit of shiftiness - but that's the end of the comparison.  They look completely different catching the ball and running with it. 

It's a bad comparison. 

there ya go

This one is too easy for me, Ace Sanders.. he got hot at the end and I'd imagine once he's allowed to move back into the slot full time with Cecil/Blackmon returning he'll be more effective. 

Quote:I thought they were similar build/ height....hmmm, may have to find another comparison. 

Dexter McCluster.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:I thought they were similar build/ height....hmmm, may have to find another comparison. 

Gotta recalibrate the eye test.