Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
who will be the Jags 2014 breakout player of the year?

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 11:02 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Or most improved

2012 it was Shorts

2013 it was Branch

2014 who is it?

I think I will go with Cyp

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cyprien is a good choice.

I'd like to think Joeckel will also be a candidate.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Cyp doesnt really count IMO. So ill ride with my boy Denard nh.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 11:20 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Personally I hope its Blackmon...because it will likely mean he played all 16 without any setbacks/ relapses. 

Blackmon will be a stud in this league if he can just stay on the field. 

I'll go with Dwayne Gratz.

'02

Blaine ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Quote:Personally I hope its Blackmon...because it will likely mean he played all 16 without any setbacks/ relapses. 

Blackmon will be a stud in this league if he can just stay on the field. 
Another good choice.

I just have my doubts regarding whether he can ever stay on the field.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

In all seriousness, I think it'll be Ace Sanders.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 11:36 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:In all seriousness, I think it'll be Ace Sanders.

I don't understand this choice. Ace's upside is limited, IMO. He could cap out as a Troy Edwards type clone, but he's never going to be TY Hilton or player like that. He doesn't have that kinda long speed. 

He should be a useful cog and good returner for us though, as long as he can stay healthy. 

Quote:I don't understand this choice. Ace's upside is limited, IMO. He could cap out as a Troy Edwards type clone, but he's never going to be TY Hilton or player like that. He doesn't have that kinda long speed. 

He should be a useful cog and good returner for us though, as long as he can stay healthy. 

I think he's capable of putting up Edelman-like stats if he has a decent QB throwing to him. 

Ace was the first to come to mind.

Quote:I think he's capable of putting up Edelman-like stats if he has a decent QB throwing to him. 

Edelman's a good comparison. I agree. 

Quote:Cyp doesnt really count IMO. So ill ride with my boy Denard nh.
why doesnt Cyp count? He didnt play all that great this year

We need to keep incorporating Ace in the backfield more. He's got that Sproles-esque explosion in space.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 11:49 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:We need to keep incorporating Ace in the backfield more. He's got that Sproles-esque explosion in space.

He doesn't have nearly Sproles long speed. Not really a good comparison. They aren't the same player. 

Edelman is probably the best comparison of current NFL players to Ace (or Ace's "potential" anyway.)

Just to be different, I'll take Ryan Davis.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

i'm gonna go with roy miller

apparently he has been playing with one arm most of the season due to an injury and I've been dissapointed with his lack of push up front 

if the injury has been as bad as bradley says well  that explains why he isn't pushing so well. Our run d has been poor and next season if he can bring some inside penetration he could be big on our run d especially if we can get a big rookie run stuffer to put next to him to crowd the centre and rest marks

To be even more different, I'm going to say Danny Noble.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Davis or Winston.

Quote:I'll go with Dwayne Gratz.

I second this