Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
13 TV theme songs you can't get out of your head

Quote:Idk Sanford & Son's theme song is one that never goes away. I think that should be on the list. 

It would definitely be on my list....bumping out some of the ones I mentioned above. Another one added might be the Fat Albert theme. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It would definitely be on my list....bumping out some of the ones I mentioned above. Another one added might be the Fat Albert theme

Is that your theme song?

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I remember watching a program years ago about the production of The Rockford Files and it was noted that the theme music was groundbreaking for its day. It resonates with me because I used to watch it with my dad. He really loved the show for its realistic nature: Rocky's cantankerous nature; Jim losing half the fights he got into; the constant financial struggle. It was a great show.

Yeah, TRF was a good one. I wish TV Land or similar channel aired their old reruns. 

Quote:Is that your theme song?

<crickets> 

Quote:I remember watching a program years ago about the production of The Rockford Files and it was noted that the theme music was groundbreaking for its day. It resonates with me because I used to watch it with my dad. He really loved the show for its realistic nature: Rocky's cantankerous nature; Jim losing half the fights he got into; the constant financial struggle. It was a great show.
Yes - It was a great show. I watched it with my Pops as well and appreciate the same things in it.   And let's not forget Angel, everyone's favorite 2 bit con-man. (the firebird 400 was cool too)

[Image: angel_1.jpg]

What? No Ducktales or Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers??

"Animaniacs"

Best ever...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:Yeah, TRF was a good one. I wish TV Land or similar channel aired their old reruns. 

You should check into Netflix. My dad used to watch Rockford Files episodes one after another on Netflix all day.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:13 TV theme songs you can't get out of your head

Whether you liked or hated the show, the theme song is unforgettable.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...p=features

What a great list of shows!

I was surprised that Different Strokes wasn't on it.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

The shows whose theme songs came to mind when I first opened this thread.

M*A*S*H

All in the Family

The Andy Griffith Show

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

The Rockford Files

Seinfeld

Sesame Street

Three's Company

Happy Days

Laverne and Shirley

Sanford and Son

The X Files

- Bob Marley

Quote:If we're going the positive route, I'd include: (not counting animated features, because they'd just dominate the list)

(not in any order)

1. The X-Files

2. Twilight Zone

3. The Addams Family

4. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

5. The Andy Griffith Show

6. Family Matters

7. Psych

8. Gilligan's Island

9. Jeopardy

10. Hawaii Five-Oh

11. Mission Impossible

12. COPS

13. Sesame Street

There are better theme songs, but those tend to get stuck in your head pretty easily.

If we're going the negative sitcom only route, Two and a Half-Men should be on there.
I loved X-Files!

;

Quote:What? No Ducktales or Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers??
Good call on Ducktales. I think I can sing the whole. theme song to this day.

Anyone watch Parenthood now? That song is very catchy and sticks in my wife and I's head. Kids love it too, good rhythm to it, catchy.

;

How has no one even mentioned the Jeffersons yet??
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Good call on Ducktales. I think I can sing the whole. theme song to this day.

Anyone watch Parenthood now? That song is very catchy and sticks in my wife and I's head. Kids love it too, good rhythm to it, catchy.
You mean the Bob Dylan song? "Forever Young"

Quote:You mean the Bob Dylan song? "Forever Young"
Yup that's it. There are all kinds of versions. Parenthood's is the more "upbeat", "quicker" version. If that makes any sense at all.

;

Quote:How has no one even mentioned the Jeffersons yet??

Maybe it's too obvious?

- Bob Marley

Quote:Maybe it's too obvious?

Compared to the rest of the songs on the list?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

no Leave it to Beaver or Gummi Bears????

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Gummi Bears was a TV show???

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Ducktales! WOOHOO!