Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
13 TV theme songs you can't get out of your head

13 TV theme songs you can't get out of your head

Whether you liked or hated the show, the theme song is unforgettable.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...p=features

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

List does not have any Mike Post/Pete Carpenter songs, and is therefore invalid.  Rockford Files, Hill Street Blues, Magnum PI.

No Miami Vice?  That was a top ten hit.  Seinfeld or Friends? The MASH theme?

Fox News fails again.

Disagreed with the Cosby theme, Small WOnder, Growing Pains and a few others. I don't remember any of those theme songs. Cosby was a great show, but the theme was totally forgettable. 

I'd replace those with the Fresh Prince theme, Sanford and Son, and The Wonder Years themes. 

Quote:List does not have any Mike Post/Pete Carpenter songs, and is therefore invalid.  Rockford Files, Hill Street Blues, Magnum PI.

Fox News fails again.

I think they were just doing sitcoms. Soem of yours above are regular shows. 

Quote:I think they were just doing sitcoms. Soem of yours above are regular shows. 
Actually, I just re-read the article.

Their take was actually that it was a BAD thing that you couldn't get it out of your head, like the Pina Colada song or "Physical".  I can rattle off 10 worse tunes than those listed, too, but I'll elect to attempt to be more positive today.

Quote:Actually, I just re-read the article.

Their take was actually that it was a BAD thing that you couldn't get it out of your head, like the Pina Colada song or "Physical".  I can rattle off 10 worse tunes than those listed, too, but I'll elect to attempt to be more positive today.

I had thought it was meant in a positive tone, too....

Rockford Files !!!

Harmonica + Twangy telecaster + Moog synth =  pure gold

As I read the list all but two of the songs started playing in my head, Small wonder and Silver spoons....
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:List does not have any Mike Post/Pete Carpenter songs, and is therefore invalid.  Rockford Files, Hill Street Blues, Magnum PI.

Fox News fails again.
 Ever noticed the tricked out Magnum PI theme from year one of the series?  

full on Herbie Hancock vibe with funky synth bass line (switches to electric bass later for the ,gulp, swing section)  and a couple of jazz fusion chord changes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW6nqIqyUJg

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2014, 04:20 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

If we're going the positive route, I'd include: (not counting animated features, because they'd just dominate the list)

(not in any order)

1. The X-Files

2. Twilight Zone

3. The Addams Family

4. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

5. The Andy Griffith Show

6. Family Matters

7. Psych

8. Gilligan's Island

9. Jeopardy

10. Hawaii Five-Oh

11. Mission Impossible

12. COPS

13. Sesame Street

There are better theme songs, but those tend to get stuck in your head pretty easily.

If we're going the negative sitcom only route, Two and a Half-Men should be on there.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:If we're going the positive route, I'd include: (not counting animated features, because they'd just dominate the list)

(not in any order)

1. The X-Files

2. Twilight Zone

3. The Addams Family

4. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

5. The Andy Griffith Show

6. Family Matters

7. Psych

8. Gilligan's Island

9. Jeopardy

10. Hawaii Five-Oh

11. Mission Impossible

12. COPS

13. Sesame Street

There are better theme songs, but those tend to get stuck in your head pretty easily.

If we're going the negative sitcom only route, Two and a Half-Men should be on there.
That's a pretty darn good list there. I agree on pretty much all of them.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2014, 11:26 PM by The Drifter.)

One theme song I can't get out of my head is for "The A Team"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

I'll be honest, I never heard the majority of the themes on that list 

Quote:I'll be honest, I never heard the majority of the themes on that list

It's an age thing...how old are you?

Quote:It's an age thing...how old are you?

25 lol

I miss being 25.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:25 lol

Most of those shows were off the air by the time you were born...lol

Diffrent' Strokes theme song was a good one.. 

Mash theme song had have been the best.. "Suicide is painless".. Really good song.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Idk Sanford & Son's theme song is one that never goes away. I think that should be on the list. 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d41cAOmcuxk'>Rockford Files !!!</a>

Harmonica + Twangy telecaster + Moog synth = pure gold

I remember watching a program years ago about the production of The Rockford Files and it was noted that the theme music was groundbreaking for its day. It resonates with me because I used to watch it with my dad. He really loved the show for its realistic nature: Rocky's cantankerous nature; Jim losing half the fights he got into; the constant financial struggle. It was a great show.