Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marks, Poz, others voted among best in division

Quote:LOL at this idiot.  The roster was bottom 5 bad - but it's all the coordinators' fault.  LOL. 

Eating the cake and still having it is FANTASTIC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 06:57 PM by Dakota.)

Personally, I think this coaching staff had a lot to do with the wins.

How many wins would this squad have won with last year's coaching staff? 

Edit: Wait a darn minute, I've just been hijacked. This thread isn't about coaches.

Congrats to all those players who were honored.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Nobody from the offense? lol

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:They were losing at a historic pace partly because of strength of schedule in the 1st half. Few either deciphered that or instead preferred to use the opportunity to create excuses and exaggerate downward the actual level of the roster for excuse purposes.

The roster was never "worst of all time" bad.  Bottom 5 in NFL? Reasonable. 

It didn't matter if the strength of schedule was harder, they were still losing at an historic pace.  Even bad teams played tough teams close.  You can go back to Detroit's win less season.  Again, they were playing NFL football worse then any team ever had during an 8 game run.  You are the one making excuses for them.

Marks, Da Poz,  Scobee and Todman....four of my favorite players. Way to go guys!  :thumbsup: Congrats!

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:They couldn't find anyone better than Geno Hayes?
He played well, quit giving him grief. 

Quote:LOL at this idiot.  The roster was bottom 5 bad - but it's all the coordinators' fault.  LOL. 

All you people can do is insult the poster because I know your tactics and I am exposing them. This board has a nasty habit of always trying to paint whatever angle that makes the Jaguars coaches look better than they are. This board is very resistant to find anything to ever blame coaching, 

The roster was "bottom 5 in the league" bad. But 240 points scored and 450 allowed isn't just "bottom 5" results, that is once every 3-5 years or so, type bad results. So, yes, thats suggests the coaches didn't do all that great of a job. 

Theres no reason in the world why this roster couldn't have produced a point differential that was half of what they gave up. -100 rather than -210. 

The Coordinators are bad. I don't care, NYC don't believe it. The track records speak for themselves. Babich has a poor track record as DC in Chicago, and that was even with good personnel. Fisch's college track record isn't all that impressive. So, this isn't just hollow blame. 

The Coordinator hires were weak. If Gus fails. Thats the bullseye. 

Quote:He played well, quit giving him grief. 

Geno Hayes was a cheap fringe FA, I don't understand why anyone would single him out in the first place. 

Quote:All you people can do is insult the poster because I know your tactics and I am exposing them. This board has a nasty habit of always trying to paint whatever angle that makes the Jaguars coaches look better than they are. This board is very resistant to find anything to ever blame coaching, 

The roster was "bottom 5 in the league" bad. But 240 points scored and 450 allowed isn't just "bottom 5" results, that is once every 3-5 years or so, type bad results. So, yes, thats suggests the coaches didn't do all that great of a job. 

Theres no reason in the world why this roster couldn't have produced a point differential that was half of what they gave up. -100 rather than -210. 

The Coordinators are bad. I don't care, NYC don't believe it. The track records speak for themselves. Babich has a poor track record as DC in Chicago, and that was even with good personnel. Fisch's college track record isn't all that impressive. So, this isn't just hollow blame. 

The Coordinator hires were weak. If Gus fails. Thats the bullseye. 

You sir, are hilarious. Do you really have nothing better to do? You are on the forum ALL day. 

Quote:Marks, Da Poz,  Scobee and Todman....four of my favorite players. Way to go guys!  :thumbsup: Congrats!

Todman, had he played the whole year starting at RB would have probably had 1000+ yards. 

Quote:You sir, are hilarious. Do you really have nothing better to do? You are on the forum ALL day. 

way to counter my points. 

Quote:way to counter my points. 
I don't want to instigate an argument with you. It's pointless. Because, you are the smartest person on this board and deserve all the recognition in the world. You can never be wrong. It must be so cool to be you. 

Quote:All you people can do is insult the poster because I know your tactics and I am exposing them. This board has a nasty habit of always trying to paint whatever angle that makes the Jaguars coaches look better than they are. This board is very resistant to find anything to ever blame coaching, 

Blah,blah,blah.....

All you do is fabricate stupid crap to complain about  - and then you constantly make a fool of yourself with contradictions trying to defend your original crap post(s).

You get insults because we are tired of it and it often hijacks threads intended for more relevant discussion of the Jaguars. 

Tactics?  My tactics are wanting to discuss Jags football - but constantly having to wade through your conspiracy theories and delusional criticisms.  Occasionally I'll point out how wrong you are because you litter the board with so much garbage. 

Anyway..... I'll just ignore you for a while. 

One thing that jumped out is the Jaguars had 3 players on the Defensive Side of the ball named to this all AFC South team.  Going into the season,  my guess is the expectations were that less than 3 Defensive players would get this type of recognition.   Before the season,  realistically,  Poz would have been the only Jaguars Defensive player I would have anticipated being named to the all AFC South team.   Good job by Gus Bradley and the Defensive Coaches in getting better Defensive team and individual results than anticipated.

Quote:Todman, had he played the whole year starting at RB would have probably had 1000+ yards.

A Carlos Hyde/Jordan Todman 1-2 punch would be sweet.

Quote:Todman, had he played the whole year starting at RB would have probably had 1000+ yards.

No.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

poz was top, but wouldn't have got it if cushing could stay healthy

hayes improved through out the year and was an impact player for us with a fair few timely picks and sacks

originally underwhelming he improved and we really missed him in the last few games... though I don't see it coming a trade down and an olb contingent of poz hayes and mack with allen and reynolds rotating in would give us both strength and depth at a position we have been distinctly average at for a while

marks was the bright spark on a poor d line with andre branch's improvement a close second.

If we can get another run stuffer to go alongside/ replace roy miller and keep marks fresher for those 3rd and longs it would do us alot of good

scobee could have gone for the pro bowl if we didn't go for it on 4th down so often. If we had taken the points more often particularly in the first few games i think he could have clocked a big total and considering his misses were one of +50 and a blocked kick, well you can't complain about that

Quote:way to counter my points. 

It's very easy to counter points that aren't ever made to begin with.

Kudos, guys.  We'll have more next year with Cyprien and others continuing to grow.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."