Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Alualu A Long Term Fixture?

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 11:23 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Trunt and Joe have blind hate for Alualu.
Tommy, you were on this dudes jockstrap the whole offseason, then switched sides during the losing streak, saying he had "regressed from the KC game " ( whatever that means).

Im glad Alfie wrote an article so you could become a real boy again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he was anything special, it would have shown by now. I have no idea why he was drafted so high. I don't hold it against him, but he was doomed to be a bust before the next selection was made in the draft.

To me. once an offensive lineman made contact, Alualu was sort of like a knock-down doll on the carnival midway.

[Image: ant_2006_doll_001.jpg]

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:That's just it, the position is based upon stopping the run and taking up blockers to free up linebackers
This

Quote:I don't just go by numbers. 

I watch the guy every play, every game.  Not impressed. 

I guess you have 1 out of 11 players figured out. What about the other 10? Can't really watch anyone else since you focus on Alualu every snap...

Maybe he watches the game 11 times. 

Quote:I guess you have 1 out of 11 players figured out. What about the other 10? Can't really watch anyone else since you focus on Alualu every snap...
He watches every game 53 times. One for every player on the roster and focuses on one guy every game.

Quote:I guess you have 1 out of 11 players figured out. What about the other 10? Can't really watch anyone else since you focus on Alualu every snap...

Yeah because in this day in age it is impossible to rewind and watch other players. 

I think they call it DVR or TIVO or something.  Check it out.  Fascinating feature. 

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2013, 12:28 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:He watches every game 53 times. One for every player on the roster and focuses on one guy every game.

better than waiting for Alfie Crow to post an article about him, then jump on the one week Alualu bandwagon. 

wouldn't call him a long term fixture, but I would certainly try to bring him back at the right price

Not every players on the roster can be all pro.  If he's filling a need and it comes at a reasonable price why cut him after next year?  The Jags can address other needs.

Huh

I thought Roy Miller was our Red Bryant? Tyson has played better but he's a typical Gene pick. A HUGE reach. I remember watching that draft and shaking my head. I'm glad he seems a little rejuvenated, but I don't believe his play will earn him a new contact once his current one is up
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:I thought Roy Miller was our Red Bryant? Tyson has played better but he's a typical Gene pick. A HUGE reach. I remember watching that draft and shaking my head. I'm glad he seems a little rejuvenated, but I don't believe his play will earn him a new contact once his current one is up

They don't play the same position. I do think that Ra'shede Hageman would destroy in that role.

;

;

Quote:Trunt and Joe have blind hate for Alualu.

Quote:Oh really?  How so?  Because we aren't all over him after a mediocre game like you and others?  Keep living off those one or two plays he makes every 10th game.  They sure are great. 

Quote:Tommy, you were on this dudes jockstrap the whole offseason, then switched sides during the losing streak, saying he had "regressed from the KC game " ( whatever that means).

Im glad Alfie wrote an article so you could become a real boy again.
Think about who you are talking to Trunt and Joe. This is the same Jackwagon who was calling me and others racists for not liking Geno Smith.

Tommy is a very very special brand of stupid.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:They don't play the same position. I do think that Ra'shede Hageman would destroy in that role.
Ahh..I don't know who I was thinking of. It just clicked on me. You're right, a run stuffin dt is different than a run stuffing d end
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

anyone who is complaining about "lack of production" has no clue what theyre talking about.

He isnt worthy of a top 10 pick but he is a servicable starter at that position. no point of cutting him just because he isnt a pro bowler

You guys are just trying to get trunt and Joe's heads to 'splode.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

He does a job and does it adequately

I can think of much more pressing needs

QB

Leo

Guard

Center

Dt

Olb

If there is a better player in FA no worries pick him up let alualu go

But it ent broke don't fix it

Quote:http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/12/12/...w-position

Interesting. He grades out pretty similarly to Red Bryant his first year in the scheme.

At DE he now has 33 tackles 1.5 sacks, 0 forced fumbles, 0 Interceptions.

He is ranked 57th among Defensive Lineman with tackles 33, at sacks he is tied at 121 with many other players (not impressive), and over 67 other DLineman have at least 1 FF. 

I wonder if he'll even be on the team next season.

We were told by the franchise that Tyson would be like this  great DT

Kind of like TBs

http://www.nfl.com/player/geraldmccoy/496816/profile

but instead we got a space filler

Quote: 

This thread was extremely predictable after going to bigcatcountry today. 

FWIW - D6 and I were talking about his improved play a week ago in the Ryan Davis thread. There was also a prior article in the Times-Union about it that prompted Alfie's write up I presume.  Add in Bradley and Babich talking him up in a press conference 3 days ago and - well - we're going to discuss it here.  He's gotten better.  

You can still hate the pick - but you can also go ahead and  be glad this coaching staff has turned an apparent bust 1st rounder into a salvageable DE.  It's not so bad. LOL.