Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyson Alualu A Long Term Fixture?

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/12/12/...w-position

Interesting. He grades out pretty similarly to Red Bryant his first year in the scheme.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This staff has put Tyson in a position to succeed, and thats what good coaches do. He's been stout against the run as of late.

He's good for run situations.. I'd still like to get a better pass rusher to put infront of him tho. 

Quote:He's good for run situations.. I'd still like to get a better pass rusher to put infront of him tho.
That's just it, the position is based upon stopping the run and taking up blockers to free up linebackers

Quote:He's good for run situations.. I'd still like to get a better pass rusher to put infront of him tho. 

He plays the Red Bryant roll, he will never be a sack artist, and he doesn't need to be.

Hes been as bad as he has always been.

But whatever, Alfie writes an article comparing him to Red Bryant 3 years ago off of PFF stats so I guess he's a long term " fixture ".

Quote:Hes been as bad as he has always been.

I've noticed him being better the past 2 games when I re-watched them, Joe.   I started seeing flashes right after the bye-week.  He really does look like he's settling in to the position a bit better to me - and I was ready to write him off before they announced they would move him outside.

I'm not saying that a few good games means he's a "fixture" or that he can't be upgraded with a 3rd round pick,  but he actually has improved his play recently. 

I'm glad he's playing well, hopefully he continues his progress. We need to give Marks another contract, i like the state of our DTs atm.  With his new role, he'll never live up to his top 10 selection, but at least he's not a colossal bust like Harvey.

Quote:I've noticed him being better the past 2 games when I re-watched them, Joe.   I started seeing flashes right after the bye-week.  He really does look like he's settling in to the position a bit better to me - and I was ready to write him off before they announce they would move him outside.

I'm not saying that a few good games means he's a "fixture" or that he can't be upgraded with a 3rd round pick,  but he actually has improved his play recently.
I understand what you are saying, as I have noticed him playing better, but its the same ol.song and dance for me. He got a sack on Tom Brady last year, and the same things about him finding his.niche were being said.

I think.he has one more year on his contract. I guess if he comes out next year bustin heads, he can be a long term fixture.

If he.continues his.current play ( even the improved play we are talking about) I wouldnt resign him.

He still has another year on his deal so he will have to prove himself the rest of this year and next year if he wants to stay with the team. 

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 09:24 PM by trunt87.)

Lol at this thread.  I thought he played ok against the Texans.  It was nothing to brag about though. 

1.5 sacks.

2 tackles for loss.  Not impressed. 

This thread was extremely predictable after going to bigcatcountry today. 

Quote:Lol at this thread.  I thought he played ok against the Texans.  It was nothing to brag about though. 

1.5 sacks.

2 tackles for loss.  Not impressed. 

This thread was extremely predictable after going to bigcatcountry today. 
The position he plays you can't really judge his play on numbers.

Quote:The position he plays you can't really judge his play on numbers.

I don't just go by numbers. 

I watch the guy every play, every game.  Not impressed. 

Lags will be putting up some video in his film segment this week showing Alualu blowing some dude up completely. From the game Thur.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:He plays the Red Bryant roll, he will never be a sack artist, and he doesn't need to be.

This would be a perfect time for a 'But... But he was supposed to be Warren Sapp' comment. However, I am just glad he is good enough to not deserve getting cut. Yeah he is still over drafted and under delivered, but at least he delivered something. That's more than most of Gene's picks.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I don't just go by numbers.

I watch the guy every play, every game. Not impressed.

ha, every play?

Quote:Lags will be putting up some video in his film segment this week showing Alualu blowing some dude up completely. From the game Thur.

Lags probably sees it as some kind of redemption for himself since he had said before "If you don't think Alualu is dominant in the run game, then you don't know football."

If settling in means he's now a solid backup instead of a cut candidate, I agree he's settling in.

Trunt and Joe have blind hate for Alualu.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 11:14 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:Trunt and Joe have blind hate for Alualu.

Oh really?  How so?  Because we aren't all over him after a mediocre game like you and others?  Keep living off those one or two plays he makes every 10th game.  They sure are great.