Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Speculation: Brad Meester to Announce Retirement Next Week

[Image: old-yeller-2-movie-collection-2006020604...4_640w.jpg]

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

Perfect timing. 

IF today is December 12, 2009 then yes, I agree it is perfect timing.

Quote:Mark Brunell didn't really have a Jags career worthy enough either, yet they are inducting him soon. Is Brian Schwartz due in next year?

Good call. Clearly the same thing.

Quote:Good call. Clearly the same thing.
Nobody needs to be on a stadium ring. We've never, ever won a Super Bowl, won a Super Bowl as part of a franchise dynasty, nor advanced to a Super Bowl.

Natrone Means carried us on his back to the 1996 AFC title game at a time when that wasn't supposed to happen. Crazy fate that he is completely forgotten.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Mark Brunell didn't really have a Jags career worthy enough either, yet they are inducting him soon. Is Brian Schwartz due in next year?

I didn't agree with the Brunell decision because he was gone longer than he was here playing for other teams, and when he was here, he was good, but not great.  He had flashes of occasional greatness, but once he lost his mobility, he became pretty average while he was here.  He had a couple of good years afterward, but those don't contribute to his history with the Jaguars. 

Boselli was a great Jaguar.

Fred Taylor was a great Jaguar.

The Weavers deserved their installation because they brought the team to Jacksonville.

Mark Brunell was good. Not great.  I think this decision was based on his popularity, AND it was a way to give the fans something to distract them during a down year while the team rebuilds. There are many fans who truly revere Mark, and that's fine.  I don't agree with him being in the ring, but I understand why it's being done. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Nobody needs to be on a stadium ring. We've never, ever won a Super Bowl, won a Super Bowl as part of a franchise dynasty, nor advanced to a Super Bowl.

Natrone Means carried us on his back to the 1996 AFC title game at a time when that wasn't supposed to happen. Crazy fate that he is completely forgotten.

I still have my #20 Means jersey in a box somewhere, he's not completely forgotten.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I'm sorry - but putting Meester on the Pride would make our pride pretty much hilarious.
Why?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

I agree about Brunell too. Brunell had a nice career here, but for a QB, nothing spectacular at all.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2013, 01:35 PM by SuperJville.)

@Trav

Because he's not close to elite - never has been.  Actually most of his career he's been just average to slightly above average.

If he goes on the Pride, we better make room for a LOT of other players coming up.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I think Meester is deserving of being inducted into the Ring of Honor.

It's the Jaguars Ring - not the Hall of Fame. Your contribution to the team, city and community will be what counts.

Brunell was a lock and I think in time Meester will make it as well.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

If you had to choose between the two to put on the Pride, who would it be:

MJD or Brunnell?

If Jimmy Smith isn't in the Ring of Honor, then Brad Meester should be no where near the Ring of Honor. 

Quote:All five?

Tom Coughlin, Jack Del Rio, Mel Tucker, Mike Mularkey, and Gus Bradley

Quote:If you had to choose between the two to put on the Pride, who would it be:

MJD or Brunell?

Mark Brunell, of course. Thank God I will be there for that one.

Not that there is anything wrong with setting higher standards, you guys might be surprised by players in most teams' "rings of honor". Look up the Colts and Chiefs.

Well deserved Retirement for Brad. We was a pretty darn good Center in his younger days.

Welcome to the Pride

Quote:Not that there is anything wrong with setting higher standards, you guys might be surprised by players in most teams' "rings of honor". Look up the Colts and Chiefs.

I think every team with a Ring of Honor has at least one name that not everyone agrees should be up there. The Redskins added Sean Taylor, who played only two seasons before he was murdered. (He was 24.) In Jacksonville, the first two players added were no-brainers, but I understand the argument against Mark Brunell.

Quote:I think every team with a Ring of Honor has at least one name that not everyone agrees should be up there. The Redskins added Sean Taylor, who played only two seasons before he was murdered. (He was 24.) In Jacksonville, the first two players added were no-brainers, but I understand the argument against Mark Brunell.

he played 4 seasons, was a two time pro bowler, and there were certain circumstances to him being inducted.  It makes perfect sense to me. 

I agree with this. Ditka just went in last week in Chicago. DITKA.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]