Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Fans and Khan Experience

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 05:22 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Or perhaps...since you know...that was the point and all, you could have said that "the Jaguars need a dynamic offense" rather than going on a three paragraph diatribe about Del Rio.

Nah, that would have made too much sense.

By the way. I enjoyed your spelling. It kind of enhanced the way that I imagine you talking in most of your posts.

Oh, and you're DEAD WRONG. I don't care how much they win by, people will come. But it's interesting that you think you can answer for Jacksonville.

I'm not answering for the people of Jax, I'm answering for NFL fans in any NFL city. Most people do not like boring teams. They like teams with explosive offenses.  They are also smart enough to understand that plodding boring teams that try to win every game 13-10 aren't going very far come playofftime. Not in this era anyway. 

Jax under the Del Rio era (errr that era from 2003-2011 (is that better??)  was actually boring./ conservative on BOTH sides of the football too. A plain vanilla defensive scheme, and a plain vanilla offensive scheme. I'm surprised pillows weren't handed out as game day promotions. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So how did this become a Del Rio thread?
TMD posted in it.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 05:26 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:I'm not answering for the people of Jax, I'm answering for NFL fans in any NFL city. Most people do not like boring teams. They like teams with explosive offenses.  They are also smart enough to understand that plodding boring teams that try to win every game 13-10 aren't going very far come playofftime. Not in this era anyway. 

Jax under Del Rio was actually boring./ conservative on BOTH sides of the football too. A plain vanilla defensive scheme, and a plain vanilla offensive scheme. I'm surprised pillows weren't handed out as game day promotions. 
Damn man, you are something else. Why are you rambling about Del Rio? You do realize we fired him don't you?

Edit, On topic game day experience is worth every dime spent and when the wins start piling up the seats will fill up.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 05:28 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Damn man, you are something else. Why are you rambling about Del Rio? You do realize we fired him don't you?

Talking about the style of football during that dinosaur era of 2003-2011. 

You understand that too, and are just piling on. On purpose. 

Most fans don't want to see dull football. They want to see an explosive offensive scheme and an aggressive defensive scheme. 

I think Gus understands this. I'll say this for him. He seems to be at least cognizant of the kind of philosophies we need to run to get rear ends in the stands, and to knock off the big boys of the league. He's not trying to win every game 9-6, despite a defensive background. 

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 05:33 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:Edit, On topic game day experience is worth every dime spent and when the wins start piling up the seats will fill up.
When i read the title, i thought this, along with what he's bringing to the city of jax, would be what was talked about.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 05:35 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:When i read the title, i thought this, along with what he's bringing to the city of jax, would be what was talked about.

Instead, it's Del Rio.

Actually when I read the thread title and first post I thought I was reading him saying that Khan already has made a name for the city. (which seemed extremely premature)

The style of play point wasn't discussed until later. But nice try. 

Quote:Actually when I read the thread title and first post I thought I was reading him saying that Khan already has made a name for the city. 

The style of play point wasn't discussed until later. But nice try. 
Haha, i actually deleted that part because it wasn't my point at all.  And it wasn't pointed at you either, just think the thread was talking about more than just wins and losses.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 05:41 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Haha, i actually deleted that part because it wasn't my point at all.  And it wasn't pointed at you either, just think the thread was talking about more than just wins and losses.

My point though is important. Style of play does matter. 

NFL fans want to win yes, but want an exciting team while doing it as well. It will ultimately draw more fans and also draw more national attention and legitimacy to the team and IMO, ultimately reach higher peaks of success. Deny it all some of you want, but its true. 

The #1 consensus label I heard people say when I spoke of the Jags during the last decade was "boring". IMO, thats a big part of why the networks largely ignored us, 

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 05:41 PM by ibjagged.)

the team may have to make a comeback but, the city doesn't. as a matter of fact , I read on the internet that us duuuuuuuuuuuuuvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllls are one of the happiest people in the u.s.

Quote:My point though is important. Style of play does matter. 

NFL fans want to win yes, but want an exciting team while doing it as well. It will ultimately draw more fans and also draw more national attention and legitimacy to the team. Deny it all some of you want, but its true. 

The #1 consensus label I heard people say when I spoke of the Jags during the last decade was "boring". IMO, thats a big part of why the networks largely ignored us, 
I would say this team is going in that direction.  I'm hoping for Ws first, then i'll worry about style of play.  The philosophy Caldwell seems to speak about should bring in those type of players to make the team exciting.  Heck, he already has.

Quote:I would say this team is going in that direction.  I'm hoping for Ws first, then i'll worry about style of play.  The philosophy Caldwell seems to speak about should bring in those type of players to make the team exciting.  Heck, he already has.

I agree it appears to be trending in the right direction. I think Khan is more in touch with what "todays" fan wants, than Weaver was. 

Quote:I agree it appears to be trending in the right direction. I think Khan is more in touch with what "todays" fan wants, than Weaver was. 
Without question!

Can we get a flipping quarterback before we soil ourselves over offensive "style" please?     Talk about cart in front of horse...

Quote:Can we get a flipping quarterback before we soil ourselves over offensive "style" please?     Talk about cart in front of horse...
QB is for sure part of that equation.  A huge part.

Quote: Bingo!!

Hopefully he learned a lot from the near Tebow debacle.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 05:50 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Can we get a flipping quarterback before we soil ourselves over offensive "style" please?     Talk about cart in front of horse...

Actually the kind of QB you get is part of the process and part of the philosophy (style). You want a QB that can & does stretch the field. 

Quote:Actually the kind of QB you get is part of the process and part of the philosophy. You want a QB that can & does stretch the field. 
Yeah. That's what I'm saying.  Complaining  about the style of offense before a key necessary component is in place is stupid.  

When Gus says twice in one week that "he's holding Fisch back" and "Jedd would love to do a lot more" how do you not get that this isn't the Jaguar offense of days past?  

Quote:Yeah wins do actually solve everything. Of course you need a good offense but had Del Rio been winning games 10-7 no matter what the stadium would have been packed.

This entire post is pretty much a giant duh. No new light was shed on the situation you basically said in a nut shell :

"You need a good offense to beat the good teams and the bad teams."

Nah really? I never would have thought of that. Man we really gotta get the word to Gus in time for the offseason. If Gus Bradley goes out and wins every game by allowing less than 10 points a game all season and we only score 13 points a game and go 12-4 with a monster defense the stadium would be packed regardless.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I watched the SEC Championship game between Mizzou and Auburn and when the score was 45-42 I turned to my buddy and told him it's no fun watching football where the defenses are lethargic. A defensive battle can be a lot of fun to watch. Give me 12 wins 10-7 and it's a compelling matchup.

Regards........the Chiefjag

Quote:Agreed wholeheartedly. I watched the SEC Championship game between Mizzou and Auburn and when the score was 45-42 I turned to my buddy and told him it's no fun watching football where the defenses are lethargic. A defensive battle can be a lot of fun to watch. Give me 12 wins 10-7 and it's a compelling matchup.

I understand what TMD is saying though.  I think the Jags need to be ahead of the curve, but for too often we have been behind it.  Of course winning trumps everything, but if you can win and be exciting then you will excite your fan base even more.  Anyways, point is, we need to be aggressive in this new NFL on offense and defense in my opinion.  I think Gus will bring that once we start getting more pieces in place and we have already shown some aggressive play calling with positive results this year.

Quote:I understand what TMD is saying though.  I think the Jags need to be ahead of the curve, but for too often we have been behind it.  Of course winning trumps everything, but if you can win and be exciting then you will excite your fan base even more.  Anyways, point is, we need to be aggressive in this new NFL on offense and defense in my opinion.  I think Gus will bring that once we start getting more pieces in place and we have already shown some aggressive play calling with positive results this year.

The style of play might excite a fringe element of the fan base to buy tickets to a losing team, but a winner will excite more people. Look around town at the flags flying from cars. You see many, many, more FSU flags than Gator flags. People love to support a winner.