Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Fans and Khan Experience

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 03:40 PM by ellisontony.)

Shad Khan HAS COME  to MAKE A NAME FOR THIS TEAM AND CITY and IT IS TIME FOR THE COMMUNITY AND FANS TO JOIN IN AND DO AS THE TEAM MOTTO SAYS, " STAND UNITED ", and SHOW THESE OTHER TEAMS AND CITIES THAT WE ARE A SUCCESSFULL GROUP OF PEOPLE AND WE ARE GOING TO COME BACK  FULL FORCE, THAT IS WITH THE TEAM AND CITY AS A WHOLE!!! :thumbsup:  :pirate:  Wallbash  :verymad:  :thanks: 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 03:25 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Shad Khan HAS COME  to MAKE A NAME FOR THIS TEAM AND CITY 

With a 4 win season?.....

The cart before the horse people are a bit much.

How about we save the OP until the team actually wins a playoff game, or gasp - 2??

Quote:With a 4 win season?.....

The cart before the horse people are a bit much.

How about we save the OP until the team actually wins a playoff game, or gasp - 2??

I think by then it would be too late.

I think if the team shows legit progress-if next year they make the leap from say 5 wins to 8 or so-the stadium needs to be packed or close to it.

If the team made the leap from 2 wins last year to say 7 this year, the stadium needs to be packed or close to it next year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I think by then it would be too late.

I think if the team shows legit progress-if next year they make the leap from say 5 wins to 8 or so-the stadium needs to be packed or close to it.

If the team made the leap from 2 wins last year to say 7 this year, the stadium needs to be packed or close to it next year.

Agreed and don't think we should be taking attendance advice from someone who doesn't attend games.

I think your caps lock button is stuck.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 03:49 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I think by then it would be too late.

I agree fans should come out and support, I took his post to be crowning Khan as a mission accomplished sorta way, i.e. the "made a name for this city" comment. 

Khan is surely doing his part. I love the guy for sure. His ultimate goal is to get W's, he will get that done, that solves everything. He knows this.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 04:34 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Khan is surely doing his part. I love the guy for sure. His ultimate goal is to get W's, he will get that done, that solves everything. He knows this.

Actually no. Just W's don't solve everything. Jack Del Rio thought just W's solve everything - and thought - and strived to (by his actions, not rhetoric) win every game 10-7. Thing is in todays NFL you can beat the bad teams that way, but you aren't getting very far in the playoffs or making them consistently by playing that style. 

The Jags need to be an explosive offense too. Being an explosive offense will in turn, help you beat the actual good teams in this league in the inevitable shoot out type games you will come across vs some of the better teams with better QB's. 

Fans will also enjoy going to a Jaguars home game that features a big play explosive offense rather than Del Rio's cold cereal offenses of the better part of his tenure. 

So how did this become a Del Rio thread?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Agreed and don't think we should be taking attendance advice from someone who doesn't attend games.
That doesn't mean he won't rain it down on you like a hurricane since he has convinced himself that he knows everything. 

I think for the most part, the OP is preaching to the choir.  I also believe the fans have done a decent job of continuing to support this team following a 2-14 season, and an 0-8 start.  The crowd at the last game was one of the best of the year, and there's a genuine change in the mood inside the stadium as we're starting to see improvement on the field. 

Winning doesn't fix everything, but it helps an awful lot in getting many people back on the bandwagon.  As the buzz continues to grow around this team, so will the fan base. 

Jacksonville gets a knock in the national media for not supporting the team, but that is such a myth.  Jaguar fans are actually extremely passionate fans.  We just don't have enough of them to sell out the stadium at the moment.  Winning will certainly start the turnaround.  Sustained winning will assure that we don't slide back into the blackout realm. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:So how did this become a Del Rio thread?

Consider the source.  It's one of his many obsessions.  Pretty sure he's got Jack Del Rio's face tattooed somewhere we don't want to know about.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Actually no. Just W's don't solve everything. Jack Del Rio thought just W's solve everything - and thought - and strived to (by his actions, not rhetoric) win every game 10-7. Thing is in todays NFL you can beat the bad teams that way, but you aren't getting very far in the playoffs or making them consistently by playing that style. 

The Jags need to be an explosive offense too. Being an explosive offense will in turn, help you beat the actual good teams in this league in the inevitable shoot out type games you will come across vs some of the better teams with better QB's. 

Fans will also enjoy going to a Jaguars home game that features a big play explosive offense rather than Del Rio's cold cereal offenses of the better part of his tenure. 

Yeah wins do actually solve everything. Of course you need a good offense but had Del Rio been winning games 10-7 no matter what the stadium would have been packed.

This entire post is pretty much a giant duh. No new light was shed on the situation you basically said in a nut shell :

"You need a good offense to beat the good teams and the bad teams."

Nah really? I never would have thought of that. Man we really gotta get the word to Gus in time for the offseason. If Gus Bradley goes out and wins every game by allowing less than 10 points a game all season and we only score 13 points a game and go 12-4 with a monster defense the stadium would be packed regardless.

Quote:Yeah wins do actually solve everything. Of course you need a good offense but had Del Rio been winning games 10-7 no matter what the stadium would have been packed.

This entire post is pretty much a giant duh. No new light was shed on the situation you basically said in a nut shell :

"You need a good offense to beat the good teams and the bad teams."

Nah really? I never would have thought of that. Man we really gotta get the word to Gus in time for the offseason. If Gus Bradley goes out and wins every game by allowing less than 10 points a game all season and we only score 13 points a game and go 12-4 with a monster defense the stadium would be packed regardless.
^^^^^^^^

Yep. Wins are wins are wins.

Quote: 

Jacksonville gets a knock in the national media for not supporting the team, but that is such a myth.  Jaguar fans are actually extremely passionate fans.  We just don't have enough of them to sell out the stadium at the moment.  Winning will certainly start the turnaround.  Sustained winning will assure that we don't slide back into the blackout realm. 

This I will wholeheartedly agree with. The Jags have averaged close to 60K per game for the last 3 years and the product has been abysmal. I don't think many other teams would be able to net that type of attendance with such consistently bad product. 

Quote:Consider the source.  It's one of his many obsessions.  Pretty sure he's got Jack Del Rio's face tattooed somewhere we don't want to know about.

Um, if you 2 could actually comprehend the point was his offenses/ style of play which directly is topical to the convo. But Rico wikes Jak so he gewts himsewf upsewt....

Quote:Yeah wins do actually solve everything. Of course you need a good offense but had Del Rio been winning games 10-7 no matter what the stadium would have been packed.

Point is winning in that style has a shelf life in both sustaining and fan support because fans quickly realize that you cannot hit the top of the mountain playing that style. 

Playing an exciting, big play offense style not only will keep the fans consistently entertained, even if its an 8-8 level team, but also will give you a legit chance to knock off the powerhouse level teams in shootout type games. 

From watching what's happening in Dallas and Washington, I am starting to think the most important thing for Shad Khan to do is stay out of the way of the GM and the coach. 

And I think he will, because Shad Khan is a smart guy.  

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 05:02 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:From watching what's happening in Dallas and Washington, I am starting to think the most important thing for Shad Khan to do is stay out of the way of the GM and the coach. 

Duly noted. 

Look at Lurie in Philly as a prime example of what works. He only is seen/ heard when it comes to hiring the head coach./ front office. Then he lets those people do their jobs with minimal intrusion. 

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 05:01 PM by The Mad Dog.)

edit

Quote:Um, if you 2 could actually comprehend the point was his offenses/ style of play which directly is topical to the convo. But Rico wikes Jak so he gewts himsewf upsewt....
Or perhaps...since you know...that was the point and all, you could have said that "the Jaguars need a dynamic offense" rather than going on a three paragraph diatribe about Del Rio.

Nah, that would have made too much sense.

By the way. I enjoyed your spelling. It kind of enhanced the way that I imagine you talking in most of your posts.

Oh, and you're DEAD WRONG. I don't care how much they win by, people will come. But it's interesting that you think you can answer for Jacksonville.  The loudest I have ever heard it at that stadium was a 9-0 game.

Quote:From watching what's happening in Dallas and Washington, I am starting to think the most important thing for Shad Khan to do is stay out of the way of the GM and the coach. 

And I think he will, because Shad Khan is a smart guy.  
 Bingo!!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Stupid phone...