Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting note from Albert Breer confirms my suspicion

Quote:We seem to have missed pretty hard between 6-10 in our history and it looks like we will be there again. Lets hope our luck has turned.

Picks between 6-10 in our history. Certainly trended in the wrong direction.

Gabbert

Alualu

Harvey

Reggie Williams

Leftwich

Henderson

F. Taylor
you forgot Monroe, but luck has nothing to do with it, it's all about who's making the pick

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

2) fixing the culture is more important than the addition of a single player, and the positive reinforcement the young players are receiving now is invaluable in that quest;

This is precisely what I and other people have been saying since the tankers started popping out of the cupboards like roaches when the lights came on.

On a side not; if RGIII is a franchise QB, as many have stated, then it should be obvious to the tankers a single QB is not going to fix this team. The Redskins are 3-10 in his sophomore year and their #1 pick goes to St.Louis.

Regards...the Chiefjag

Quote:This is precisely what I and other people have been saying since the tankers started popping out of the cupboards like roaches when the lights came on.

On a side not; if RGIII is a franchise QB, as many have stated, then it should be obvious to the tankers a single QB is not going to fix this team. The Redskins are 3-10 in his sophomore year and their #1 pick goes to St.Louis.

Regards...the Chiefjag

And people are putting way to much hope toward a rookie QB - I don't care if it's Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana and Andrew Luck all rolled into one.

It pains me to see some people state that the Jags will be in the playoffs with QB XYZ. It's called building a team.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:you forgot Monroe, but luck has nothing to do with it, it's all about who's making the pick
Yeah most of those were reaches. Of course john Henderson was considered a reach since he was picked ahead of Fat Albert
No commercial messages in sigs

It's difficult to say with any certainty.

Quote:This is precisely what I and other people have been saying since the tankers started popping out of the cupboards like roaches when the lights came on.

Regards...the Chiefjag
If the current state of the Jaguars isn't enough evidence to show trading up constantly hurts your franchise, Redskins are another perfect example. RG3 is a legit player but definitely went to the wrong franchise that sacrificed their future to get one player. Its why the Seahawks and colts are far better off.
No commercial messages in sigs

Regards...the Chiefjag
To be fair to RG3, if not for the injury, they'd be a better team and he wouldn't be slumping as bad.

Not saying they'd be a whole lot better as that defense is one of the worsts against the pass.

However, they'd at least still be contending for the rather weak NFC East division.

to your point however. A single QB usually won't fix any team, not ours or the tinhorns, or the bills or the browns.

Quote:If the current state of the Jaguars isn't enough evidence to show trading up constantly hurts your franchise, Redskins are another perfect example. RG3 is a legit player but definitely went to the wrong franchise that sacrificed their future to get one player. Its why the Seahawks and colts are far better off.

I hated that trade (for the Redskins) when they made it, and hate any trade of its kind for the team trading UP. WHen will GM's learn that those type of trades work out far less than they don't for the team trading UP and giving away the store for a single player. 

Quote:I really wish people would stop saying "Luck/RG3 prospect".  Luck has been extremely average this year and RG3 is regressing more and more each week.  
There are a ton of redskin fans yelling bust already about RG3.  He might cost Shannahan his job

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:There are a ton of redskin fans yelling bust already about RG3.  He might cost Shannahan his job

Shanahan cost Shanahan his job....

But that trade (and trades like it) sucked anyway. 

Quote:And people are putting way to much hope toward a rookie QB - I don't care if it's Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana and Andrew Luck all rolled into one.

It pains me to see some people state that the Jags will be in the playoffs with QB XYZ. It's called building a team.

I think this team could be very good if they just had a top 15 or 20 QB instead of trotting out the 35 or 38th best QB in the league every week. With that in mind, any QB you can get in the first 2 rounds this year will probably be an improvement.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Luck has nothing on offense, other than a midget WR they play on the outside by necessity. 

Put Luck on the Bengals offense and we're talking a superbowl team. 
You act like Andy Dalton is bad or something? Pretty sure he's doing better than Luck this year and heading to his third consecutive post-season. 

Quote:First & foremost, I was of many Jaguar fans that (after our 0-8 start) didn't mind losing games as I felt this would put a stranglehold on our ability to select Teddy Bridgewater with the #1 overall pick, securing our franchise QB while changing the fortunes of our franchise for 10-15 years. Then the Jaguars starting winning and I started thinking; if the Jaguars brass truly thought there was a QB in the upcoming draft that was worth tanking for, why just not start Blaine Gabbert? He (Gabbert) singlehandedly would assure this franchise of that #1 overall pick that has seemed to elude us.

I've turned into a draft junky over the past 5-6 years as (unfortunately) there has been little to cheer about as Jaguar fan through the NFL regular season, I was reading a Bleacher Report "Huge Upside" article (written by Matt Miller) last week where he wrote this about Bridgewater; " there are rumors his value around the league isn't quite on par with the media's love affair with him". No one knows what Matt Millers scouting sources are but usually where there's smoke there's fire. I also ran across this note from Albert Breer on Friday;

NFL.com's Albert Breer writes that Jacksonville is comfortable with "screwing up its draft pick" by winning four of its past five games.

"They're OK with the way this is going, for a few reasons," Breer wrote. "1) There's no Andrew Luck in the upcoming draft class; 2) fixing the culture is more important than the addition of a single player, and the positive reinforcement the young players are receiving now is invaluable in that quest; 3) this all marks the development of a draft class that GM Dave Caldwell and coach Gus Bradley hope can be a bedrock in their rebuilding effort."

Again take it as you will, but it's becoming apparent to me there isn't a slam dunk (and there usually never is) QB prospect in this draft, and I can't see David Caldwell reaching on a guy that doesn't warrant the selection, that's how the Tennessee Titans, Jacksonville Jaguars, & Minnesota Vikings got in trouble back in the 2011 when Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, & Christian Ponder all went in the top 12. I see us drafting the BAP in the 1st round, and finding a QB in FA or later in the draft.

Have been saying all along this season that Bridgewater is NOT playing like a future "franchise" quarterback draft pick.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

As of now the Jags would pick at #5 behind the Vikings. Houston would most likely take Bridgewater since they don't have a need for a pass rusher or tackle. St. Louis and ATL pick next. My guess if the draft were today the Jags would chose the pass rusher the Falcons don't (Clowney or Barr), trade down, or trade with the Falcons to leapfrog Minnesota and select Carr.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Bleacher Report also had this to say on "Takeaways from Jags win over Houston"

"Don't worry about the Jaguars missing out on Teddy. Don't even worry about the Texans potentially ending up with him. The way this Jaguars team is progressing, it will find its guy at the quarterback position, and it'll beat Teddy in his Houston battle-red uniform more often than not."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/18781...ton/page/8

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Albert Breer confirms that the Jags don't mind winning.

Most profound statement of our generation.

Looks like were gonna miss out on Bridgewater, Clowney AND Barr. Sammy Watkins?

Quote:Albert Breer confirms that the Jags don't mind winning.

Most profound statement of our generation.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 04:32 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You act like Andy Dalton is bad or something? Pretty sure he's doing better than Luck this year and heading to his third consecutive post-season. 

Uhm.....yeah, Dalton is doing better than Luck because of those weapons. Luck would take a similar team that Andy Dalton QB's further. Always. Thats the point. 

What?....you don't think Dalton would be doing just as lousy if not worse if he was QB of the current Colts team?? He'd be doing worse than Luck. 

Its dumb to say "hes no andrew luck so dont draft him 1". Those thpe of guys come around once a decade. Hes right on par with many other prospects who were drafted top 3.