Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Harassed boyfriend jumped to his death after his girlfriend insisted on going into another clothes shop

Quote:Because Women? ... Women make us do it ... Have you seen the Jarred Commercials? Tongue

Plus, the more shopping we do the luckier we get at ... "Value Shopping" ... It cost way more to not go shopping with the Mrs. ... If you know what I mean.

Yes, Dear ... whatever you say dear  Smile

I don't want my hubby anywhere near me when I'm shopping!! I don't fish with him...he doesn't shop with me. Why force someone to do something they don't enjoy?

On a side note: my hubby had me trapped inside a Bass Pro Shop for four hours one time, I didn't think about drowning myself in the big fish tank once...I did however think of ways I could make use of all the "interesting" stuff in the store on him for taking me to a Bass Pro Shop! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd be lying if I didn't say I've at least considered it while shopping with the wife, especially for kids, that can go on FOOOOORRRREEEEVVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRR

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 10:53 PM by Unravel.)

Quote:Yeah...it was all her fault he decided to kill himself rather than just leave her [BAD WORD REMOVED] at the mall!! :blink:

Yet you act as though it's entirely his choice and wasn't influenced by her at all. She's a [BAD WORD REMOVED] and perhaps it was just the last straw, or perhaps she was like that all the time with him. Either way, five hours is more than any rational person would expect a guy to carry shoes around for. It's asinine and self-centered.

Quote:Yeah...it was all her fault he decided to kill himself rather than just leave her [BAD WORD REMOVED] at the mall!! :blink:
FINALLY!!!  Someone gets it.. She needs to be jailed.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Yet you act as though it's entirely his choice and wasn't influenced by her at all. She's a [BAD WORD REMOVED] and perhaps it was just the last straw, or perhaps she was like that all the time with him. Either way, five hours is more than any rational person would expect a guy to carry shoes around for. It's asinine and self-centered.

OMG!! It was his choice to jump!! Even if she was the worst girlfriend on the planet...he chose to jump off a balcony!!

Quote:OMG!! It was his choice to jump!! Even if she was the worst girlfriend on the planet...he chose to jump off a balcony!!

I'm not saying that it wasn't. I'm saying that she influenced it. Your first response gave off the impression that you felt there was absolutely nothing wrong with her and everything wrong with him. People do crazy things when stressed. 5 hours of shoe shopping with a [BLEEP] would stress me out, piss me off, and drive me insane. If she hadn't acted the way she did, chances are he wouldn't have jumped.

Quote:I'm not saying that it wasn't. I'm saying that she influenced it. Your first response gave off the impression that you felt there was absolutely nothing wrong with her and everything wrong with him. People do crazy things when stressed. 5 hours of shoe shopping with a [BAD WORD REMOVED] would stress me out, [BAD WORD REMOVED] me off, and drive me insane. If she hadn't acted the way she did, chances are he wouldn't have jumped.

There is absolutely nothing she did that would have sent a sane man over the balcony.  He was a fried wonton short of a full combo meal.

Quote:There is absolutely nothing she did that would have sent a sane man over the balcony.  He was a fried wonton short of a full combo meal.
Again, not saying that he was sane. Just that she isn't totally innocent either.

Quote:I'm not saying that it wasn't. I'm saying that she influenced it. Your first response gave off the impression that you felt there was absolutely nothing wrong with her and everything wrong with him. People do crazy things when stressed. 5 hours of shoe shopping with a [BAD WORD REMOVED] would stress me out, [BAD WORD REMOVED] me off, and drive me insane. If she hadn't acted the way she did, chances are he wouldn't have jumped.

Again...blaming her for his decision to be a complete moron and jump off a ledge!!

YES!! ..everything was wrong with him!! He killed himself because he, as a grown man, couldn't figure out how not to spend five hours following his girlfriend around in a mall!! Unless she was holding him captive against his will, he decided to go shopping with her, he decided to stay with her all those hours and through all those shoe stores and he decided to throw himself off a building. All HIS decisions!!

Quote:There is absolutely nothing she did that would have sent a sane man over the balcony.  He was a fried wonton short of a full combo meal.

Thank you!!

Quote:Again, not saying that he was sane. Just that she isn't totally innocent either.

Who in their right mind would think someone would kill themselves for something as stupid as this???? My husband could drag me to every fishing store in the state and I can promise you not going to kill myself over it and I really hate fishing!!

Quote:Who in their right mind would think someone would kill themselves for something as stupid as this???? My husband could drag me to every fishing store in the state and I can promise you not going to kill myself over it and I really hate fishing!!

Do I have to spell it out for you? I just said that he wasn't sane. Literally just said it in the comment that you quoted. She isn't innocent though, if a guy throws himself off a 7th story balcony because of shopping he probably exhibited signs long before doing so.

Quote:Do I have to spell it out for you? I just said that he wasn't sane. Literally just said it in the comment that you quoted. She isn't innocent though, if a guy throws himself off a 7th story balcony because of shopping he probably exhibited signs long before doing so.

So now it's her fault because she didn't know he was insane and that forcing him to go shopping would drive him over the edge...literally.

Please, just stop. Stop trying to blame this on anyone other than the guy that jumped of the [BLEEP] balcony!!!

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013, 12:11 AM by Unravel.)

Quote:So now it's her fault because she didn't know he was insane and that forcing him to go shopping would drive him over the edge...literally.

Please, just stop. Stop trying to blame this on anyone other than the guy that jumped of the [BAD WORD REMOVED] balcony!!!
 Well, excuse the [BAD WORD REMOVED] out of me if I don't think dragging an unstable person around for five hours of shoe shopping and then shouting at him when he wants to go home is a good idea.

All I've been saying is that she didn't help the situation. That's a fact regardless of whether or not you wouldn't have done the same in that situation and it isn't the same as saying "it's her fault."

Quote:And that's worth killing himself over? 

5 hours? Yes.

Quote:Well, excuse the [BAD WORD REMOVED] out of me if I don't think dragging an unstable person around for five hours of shoe shopping and then shouting at him when he wants to go home is a good idea.

All I've been saying is that she didn't help the situation. That's a fact regardless of whether or not you wouldn't have done the same in that situation and it isn't the same as saying "it's her fault."

Excuse the [BLEEP] out of me for not assuming she knew he was bat [BLEEP] crazy. Rolleyes

Quote:Excuse the [BAD WORD REMOVED] out of me for not assuming she knew he was bat [BAD WORD REMOVED] crazy. Rolleyes

It's a noticeable thing. It is. My dad suffers from depression and it is noticeable even during the more minor instances of it. Most people who (try to) kill themselves exhibit signs long before actually doing anything. It's a statistical probability that he wasn't all happy-happy-joy-joy about life and then decided to lob himself off of a balcony because of shoes. I'm not making blind [BLEEP] assumptions, okay? I've personally dealt with mentally unstable individuals for my entire life and all of the statistics show that people show signs before doing something like this.

Let's just say the guy wasn't depressed and his suicidal actions resulted from something other than depression (which is fairly rare, I might add). Well, depression is actually one of the more subtle mental illnesses.

Maybe I'm wrong, and this guy happens to be the exception and not the rule, but I doubt it.

Quote:It's a noticeable thing. It is. My dad suffers from depression and it is noticeable even during the more minor instances of it. Most people who (try to) kill themselves exhibit signs long before actually doing anything. It's a statistical probability that he wasn't all happy-happy-joy-joy about life and then decided to lob himself off of a balcony because of shoes. I'm not making blind [BAD WORD REMOVED] assumptions, okay? I've personally dealt with mentally unstable individuals for my entire life and all of the statistics show that people show signs before doing something like this.

Let's just say the guy wasn't depressed and his suicidal actions resulted from something other than depression (which is fairly rare, I might add). Well, depression is actually one of the more subtle mental illnesses.

Maybe I'm wrong, and this guy happens to be the exception and not the rule, but I doubt it.

You are making assumptions from a story that doesn't say how long they've dated, or even how long they've known each other. You do not know that she knew he had any issues. You are making her the bad guy without any proof that she is, in fact the bad guy.

Five hours of shopping might be your idea of hell, but for many woman and some men too, it's not a bad thing, and at Xmas time, five hours isn't really all that unheard of. Millions of people deal with depression on a daily basis, most of them aren't suicidal. Even if she knew he had depression, you really can't think this woman knew that her boyfriend would kill himself because she was doing something she enjoyed.

Quote:You are making assumptions from a story that doesn't say how long they've dated, or even how long they've known each other. You do not know that she knew he had any issues. You are making her the bad guy without any proof that she is, in fact the bad guy.

Five hours of shopping might be your idea of hell, but for many woman and some men too, it's not a bad thing, and at Xmas time, five hours isn't really all that unheard of. Millions of people deal with depression on a daily basis, most of them aren't suicidal. Even if she knew he had depression, you really can't think this woman knew that her boyfriend would kill himself because she was doing something she enjoyed.

You're making assumptions based on the same things... but it's okay for you because you're only assuming that the guy is silently crazy and just opted to lob himself off a balcony because it sounded like fun. All we do know is that the guy jumped off a balcony after his girlfriend insisted on continuing shopping. There wouldn't be a discussion to be had without assumptions.

If she knew he was depressed she should have been a little bit more sensitive to the situation than "no, you Christmas hating skinflint. Now, hold my shoes while I go get even more shoes" especially at a time that is also proven to be stressful even for mentally stable people.

Quote:You are making assumptions from a story that doesn't say how long they've dated, or even how long they've known each other. You do not know that she knew he had any issues. You are making her the bad guy without any proof that she is, in fact the bad guy.

You've also made the assumption that the woman has no culpability in this, again based on a complete lack of information. 

Earlier in this thread you've stated that the only one who has any blame for the man's death is the man himself.  I'm not so sure about that.