Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jedd Fisch is an offensive genius

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 01:05 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:I'd like a few more deep shots per game. The Texans were all over that short passing game last night. They knew where the passes were going and defended accordingly. Thats part of the reason for the 30 attempts 120 yards. 
I'd love more deep shots too but it's Henne, can't do it, his deep balls are usually off target or intercepted.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'd like a few more deep shots per game. The Texans were all over that short passing game last night. They knew where the passes were going and defended accordingly. Thats part of the reason for the 30 attempts 120 yards.

They called plenty of deep balls. One where Shorts was wide open for a walk in TD. Your criticism should be directed towards Henne for not executing the opportunities he was given.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I'd love more deep shots too but it's Henne, can't do it, his deep balls are usually off target or intercepted.

You can't coach scared. 

Deep attempts open up the underneath. Plus, you'll get the occasional PI call on some of the deep attempts too. 

Not trying any because you are afraid of your QB is counter productive. Hurts the offense overall more than helps it. 

Quote:

You can't coach scared.

Deep attempts open up the underneath. Plus, you'll get the occasional PI call on some of the deep attempts too.

Not trying any because you are afraid of your QB is counter productive. Hurts the offense overall more than helps it.

Did you watch the game?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:They called plenty of deep balls. One where Shorts was wide open for a walk in TD. Your criticism should be directed towards Henne for not executing the opportunities he was given.

That was one of the only really "deep attempts" I remember. The bulk of the attempts were all short passes that the Texans knew where the passes were going just as much as we did. 

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 01:13 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Did you watch the game?

Oh brother, I guess now we're going to pretend that Henne went deep all game. Good freaking Lord....smh

Maybe my interpretation of actual "deep attempts" and yours is different. Maybe anything over 15 yards is "deep" to you. 

If your point is that we did get PI calls, yes, we did....

I still think we went short passes too much. 

Quote:You can't coach scared. 

You did notice the 3 deep home run balls Henne attempted last night, right?  One was a PI , one was overthrown, the third out of bounds. 

Also relevant to this thread  -  Bradley has now eluded 3 times that he is holding Fisch back and he'd like to be more creative/aggressive. 

Pretty cool that you can see all of the route concepts from tv angles.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 01:18 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You did notice the 3 deep home run balls Henne attempted last night, right?  One was a PI , one was overthrown, the third out of bounds. 

Also relevant to this thread  -  Bradley has now eluded 3 times that he is holding Fisch back and he'd like to be more creative/aggressive. 

I don't remember the OOB one...

IMO, I think its good to take at least one deep pass attempt (40+ yards past the LOS) per quarter of football, to continuously keep the defense honest. I understand that doing this could lead to an INT, but I think overall doing this will be more beneficial than not. 

I have read Bradley's quote about that, and all I can say is I hope he's being truthful and it does eventually come to fruition. 

13:51 in the 1st quarter   -  deep left to Shorts - pass interference - Joseph   - ball travelled 45 yards in the air

1st play of 2nd quarter  -  FLEA FLICKER FOR CHRISSAKE! Henne tosses to mojo gets it back and heaves it 58 yds to the end zone  - pass interference Joseph

Just before halftime - :54 on the clock - Henne heaves it 55 yards and it grazes Shorts right fingertips - overthrown by 6 inches

That's 3 in the first half alone. 

Quote:You can't coach scared. 

No but you can coach smart.  And win.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 01:33 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:13:51 in the 1st quarter   -  deep left to Shorts - pass interference - Joseph   - ball travelled 45 yards in the air

1st play of 2nd quarter  -  FLEA FLICKER FOR CHRISSAKE! Henne tosses to mojo gets it back and heaves it 58 yds to the end zone  - pass interference Joseph

Just before halftime - :54 on the clock - Henne heaves it 55 yards and it grazes Shorts right fingertips - overthrown by 6 inches

That's 3 in the first half alone. 

45 yards in the air, lol.....a deep pass is 40 yards or more in air past the LOS. Period. That first pass you cite is an intermediate attempt. 

I actually just remembered the FF attempt....

I dunno all the short passes especially in the 2nd half are what sticks out the most to me. 

The one just before halftime was a terrible job by Henne, he's got to complete that one. Shorts was wide open. 

Quote:I actually just remembered the FF attempt....

I dunno all the short passes especially in the 2nd half are what sticks out the most to me. 

The one just before halftime was a terrible job by Henne, he's got to complete that one. Shorts was wide open. 
Which is why they don't go deep more often.  Henne.

Quote:The one just before halftime was a terrible job by Henne, he's got to complete that one. Shorts was wide open. 
don't blame Henne, that's on Fisch

- 3rd quarter 8:24 Henne throws a 38 yarder to Ace down the right sideline incomplete (over throw)

- 3:32 in the fourth - deep middle to Mike Brown - ball travels 46 yards in the air -   pass interference #25

that's five deep balls 

Quote:Which is why they don't go deep more often.  Henne.

I get it regarding Henne....it still wouldn't alter my philosophy of trying at least one deep pass per Q. 

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013, 01:41 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: - 3rd quarter 8:24 Henne throws a 38 yarder to Ace down the right sideline incomplete (over throw)

- 3:32 in the fourth - deep middle to Mike Brown - ball travels 46 yards in the air -   pass interference #25

that's five deep balls 

A deep pass attempt is 40 yards past the LOS. Period. Not 38 yards past the LOS, not 46 in the air (which likely translates to a 35 yard pass past the LOS)....

Whatever, its getting silly....its clear you just want to defend Fisch on this so, I'm not going to argue it. 

I saw too much short passing last night especially 2nd half. The Texans were on all of it. They knew it was coming. It almost bit us. 

Quote:A deep pass attempt is 40 yards past the LOS. Period. Not 38 yards
grasp at that straw

Quote:A deep pass attempt is 40 yards past the LOS. Period. Not 38 yards past the LOS, not 46 in the air (which likely translates to a 35 yard pass past the LOS)....

Whatever, its getting silly....its clear you just want to defend Fisch on this so, I'm not going to argue it. 

I saw too much short passing last night especially 2nd half. The Texans were on all of it. They knew it was coming. It almost bit us. 
Whatever.  Make up whatever definitions suit your agenda.  The NFL obviously disagrees with you because I found all of those examples because the box score describes each of them as "deep."  (Then I watched them on rewind to confirm an see the throws) LOL.   He took shots down field 5 times.  Much more than you implied.  

Two deep passes so far. 13:46 left in the 2nd quarter......