Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jedd Fisch is an offensive genius

He's making chicken salad out of chicken you know what and some of y'all should be eating crow. Imagine what our offense will look like next year with a real QB.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was starting to get critical of him, but man you can't deny he has done a solid job since the bye. It really does look like he finally figured out how to use the players he has.

i completely agree!  I've been a firm believer in him from the start, mostly due to a die-hard UM fan convincing me and making me see the turn around there.

No the entire coaching staff is mediocre, the Texans/Browns just know how to tank properly

Quote:No the entire coaching staff is mediocre, the Texans/Browns just know how to tank properly
So Schaub went out to try to lose and thus be jobless next year?

[Image: logo320130555311317499726.png]

It is also "interdasting" that Weeden and Kubiak want to be unemployed.

He's managed to get points, but most of the improvement has been defensive.

It's amazing that the Jaguars managed 27 points with a QB that puts up Gabbert numbers like Henne does. last night it was something like 30 attempts for 120 yards. Wow.

Quote:So Schaub went out to try to lose and thus be jobless next year?

[Image: logo320130555311317499726.png]
Kubiak felt like Keenum was about to catch fire and rally the Texans to victory, so he put Schaub in knowing that his rally would fall short in the final few minutes.

If only Gus knew how to tank like this we wouldn't have just given the Texans the next Andrew Luck. #becausejaguars

LOL, Jedd Fisch is not a genius... Laughing 

Lets be real here can we? Yes, the gadget play for a TD was neat, and the Jags have been able to put up 20+ points in 3 of their last 5 but can we just keep things in perspective here? Fisch has shown nothing that makes me think he's the next Chris Peterson....

Quote:Kubiak felt like Keenum was about to catch fire and rally the Texans to victory, so he put Schaub in knowing that his rally would fall short in the final few minutes.

If only Gus knew how to tank like this we wouldn't have just given the Texans the next Andrew Luck. #becausejaguars
I am glad Kubiak is trying to help his team get a decent draft pick. I am sure he will be delighted to see what that pick is up to while watching them from row 56.

Quote:LOL, Jedd Fisch is not a genius... Laughing

Lets be real here can we? Yes, the gadget play for a TD was neat, and the Jags have been able to put up 20+ points in 3 of their last 5 but can we just keep things in perspective here? Fisch has shown nothing that makes me think he's the next Chris Peterson....
Haha, what should he be doing differently with his options that would get your approval?

Quote:He's making chicken salad out of chicken you know what and some of y'all should be eating crow. Imagine what our offense will look like next year with a real QB.
Calm down betsy your drunk off of the Teal KoolAid!

It was the Texans with 11 losses in a row...

Quote:LOL, Jedd Fisch is not a genius... Laughing

Genius may be a bit strong, at least for now.

But, to suggest that what he's doing isn't very impressive is very misguided. He's doing more with less. We're about as depleted with offensive talent as any team in the league.

Quote:Haha, what should he be doing differently with his options that would get your approval?

I'd like a few more deep shots per game. The Texans were all over that short passing game last night. They knew where the passes were going and defended accordingly. Thats part of the reason for the 30 attempts 120 yards. 

Quote:Genius may be a bit strong, at least for now.

But, to suggest that what he's doing isn't very impressive is very misguided. He's doing more with less. We're about as depleted with offensive talent as any team in the league.

No one said that what he's done the past 5 games is shoddy. I just think calling him a genius or implying he's "elite" as an OC is laughable, especially at this early point in time. 

Quote:I'd like a few more deep shots per game. The Texans were all over that short passing game last night. They knew where the passes were going and defended accordingly. Thats part of the reason for the 30 attempts 120 yards. 
yeah because Henne throws such a great deep ball, you really know how to use players properly don't you

Quote:I'd like a few more deep shots per game. The Texans were all over that short passing game last night. They knew where the passes were going and defended accordingly. Thats part of the reason for the 30 attempts 120 yards. 

I think he probably doesn't like throwing deep with this roster because Henne has such a weak arm. He floats balls down field so deep throws have to be set up really well in order for the WR to get open enough for Henne to connect.

He's doing what he can with what he has.

You have to have an O-line that can give Henne enough time to throw downfield. They're not there yet.

I was more impressed that Henne never really panicked and throw the interception that would have killed the Jags' chance for a win. I kept thinking it was coming, but to Henne's credit he never really panicked. 

Can we give Henne just a little credit for being a competent (not All Pro) QB recently?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:You have to have an O-line that can give Henne enough time to throw downfield. They're not there yet.

I was more impressed that Henne never really panicked and throw the interception that would have killed the Jags' chance for a win. I kept thinking it was coming, but to Henne's credit he never really panicked. 

Can we give Henne just a little credit for being a competent (not All Pro) QB recently?

He's one of the worst QBs in the league. He's been placed in a gameplan that allows him to never have to go outside of his comfort zone (throwing lots of slants and screens) so he's functioning at a level that allows this team to win against other bottom feeders but I wouldn't go overboard and start confusing allowing wins to happen around him with his play being worthy of praise.

Quote:You have to have an O-line that can give Henne enough time to throw downfield. They're not there yet.

Yes, I agree that at least they've got Henne to the point where he's not killing us.