Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't fear losing the #1 pick

Quote:You know what today showed us? Caldwell is a boss.

We all know Joeckel is a franchise LT, Gratz had a pick today, Cyprien had a pick today, Ace Sanders balled out, Marks has been our best FA signing,

These guys who are rookies are playing like vets. Caldwell studies film and scouts talent like a pro. Whoever we pick and wherever we pick I fully trust that Dave will get it right.
I agree, I actually feel better seeing our guys do well than when I thought we would get the #1, our guy can pick, we don't need to worry about the draft position as much.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Has nothing to do with fear, it has to do with improving their team and not ours.

Concentrate on the improvement of your/our team and not the opposing team(s)...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:The way tht the OL played today, changes are a forethought. Our needs lie at the PR, RB and LB positions...

Just Sayn...

NH3...
Well let's just hope our o-line can keep up the pace for the remainder of the season, if so then I'm on board with going with other needs.

Quote:As it stands right now the teams in front of us, Minnesota, Houston, and Atlanta only Houston will probably be in the market for a QB. Falcons aren't getting rid of Matty Ice and I doubt Minn is getting rid of Ponder.

Regards...............the Chiefjag

Well Considered Chief...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:The Genies said the same thing in 2012.
Come on, that's not fair, Gene sucked, and you could tell two seasons before 2012. Gene and Del Rio/Mularky never made something like this happen this late in the season after sucking so bad the first part.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:You know what today showed us? Caldwell is a boss.

We all know Joeckel is a franchise LT, Gratz had a pick today, Cyprien had a pick today, Ace Sanders balled out, Marks has been our best FA signing,

These guys who are rookies are playing like vets. Caldwell studies film and scouts talent like a pro. Whoever we pick and wherever we pick I fully trust that Dave will get it right.
And if Caldwell really wanted the #1 pick he could trade up and make and offer they can't refuse

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I agree. I've spent a whole lot of time scouting the QBs in this draft, and while Teddy looks really good, the overall improvement of our team is worth more than a losing culture with a good chance at Teddy.
Scouting, huh?

Racking up those frequent flyer miles?

Quote:Well let's just hope our o-line can keep up the pace for the remainder of the season, if so then I'm on board with going with other needs.

The OL has been maintaning their pace since the release of Monroe and the injury to Joeckel...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Gimme Barr

Minn won today,so we at #2?

Quote:Scouting, huh?

Racking up those frequent flyer miles?
Read the stuff I wrote in my signature. I think it speaks for itself.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Minn won today,so we at #2?
Aren't we still below Atlanta and Houstan?

Quote:The Genies said the same thing in 2012.
And you were the moron who wanted Geno at the #2 pick.

What's your point?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Clowney and Arron work for me everyday.   That guy from the Ducks if he declares is pretty good as well. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

In Dave we trust? 

Quote:We can at least bolster the interior o-line and can get ourselves a defensive stud. And heck, if we miss out on getting Bridgewater, Boyd, and Carr, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on David Fales in the middle rounds.

Taking a flyer ....you might as well not Draft a QB at all.

Quote:And if Caldwell really wanted the #1 pick he could trade up and make and offer they can't refuse
I hope we don't trade up. I can live without the #1 pick if we hit on all of them and keep getting better (although we truly need a franchise QB). But I don't want to trade up and get rid of high picks this year and next year (cause it would cost a lot). NO TRADING UP!!! lol

Go Jags!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Believe in Caldwell!

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2013, 06:08 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:And you were the moron who wanted Geno at the #2 pick.

What's your point?
Add me to the list of morons who want a QB early..and to the list of those who got it wrong. Geno could still turn out to be a good QB.

We might actually draft Johnny Football :o