Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2-1

Quote:The Jaguars win against the Colts in week 17 of the 2011 season was the definition of a meaningless win, it did nothing for the confidence or future of our franchise, to make matters worse, it guaranteed the Jaguars would have to face one of the best QB prospects ever twice per year for the next 12-15 years. I'm not a fan of tanking, but there are meaningless wins.

It was a very meaningful win because the Weavers were honored at halftime. It was important that they retired on a good note. That also was the first NFL game I went to.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 04:40 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:It was a very meaningful win because the Weavers were honored at halftime. It was important that they retired on a good note. That also was the first NFL game I went to.

Jagswoman, that's all fine and dandy, but it did nothing for the future of our franchise.

Quote:It was a very meaningful win because the Weavers were honored at halftime. It was important that they retired on a good note. That also was the first NFL game I went to.

And.

Not really seeing how that makes up for having to deal with Luck 2 times a year for the next decade. Id think Weaver would be happier right now if we were fighting for a 2nd straight playoff spot.

Right now I'm not seeing the big deal of facing Luck twice a year. Call me crazy but the guy just hasn't impressed me much. Someone on another topic said I was crazy because they beat the Broncos. Which is funny because if we go by that logic then it mean Jet> Patriots> Broncos seeing as the Pats lost to Geno and the Jets. For now, I'm happy with watching the Colts and Luck perform at a mediocre level with two of the top three picks from 2012. I'm not completely sold on Teddy nor any other qb in this draft. Recent trends are showing that talent is available outside of the top 5 when it comes to drafting
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Right now I'm not seeing the big deal of facing Luck twice a year. Call me crazy but the guy just hasn't impressed me much. Someone on another topic said I was crazy because they beat the Broncos. Which is funny because if we go by that logic then it mean Jet> Patriots> Broncos seeing as the Pats lost to Geno and the Jets. For now, I'm happy with watching the Colts and Luck perform at a mediocre level with two of the top three picks from 2012. I'm not completely sold on Teddy nor any other qb in this draft. Recent trends are showing that talent is available outside of the top 5 when it comes to drafting

Agreed, besides espn saying how great he is, I'm not too worried about the c'lots as I used to be...

Luck has shown accuracy issues with his passes down the field from the games I've watched. Plus they don't have a first round pick this year... it's possible that we see a t'horn like collapse from them next year

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 05:38 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Double post

More importantly we're 2-1 after the bye week. That tells me Gus knows what he's doing. 

Quote:More importantly we're 2-1 after the bye week. That tells me Gus knows what he's doing.

How is that more more important? It is not.

Quote:How is that more more important? It is not.
Because it's in a 3 week span, not across the entire season. It is. Not to mention it shows Gus knows how to make bye week adjustments. 

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 07:49 PM by MightyRx.)

Quote:Right now I'm not seeing the big deal of facing Luck twice a year. Call me crazy but the guy just hasn't impressed me much. Someone on another topic said I was crazy because they beat the Broncos. Which is funny because if we go by that logic then it mean Jet> Patriots> Broncos seeing as the Pats lost to Geno and the Jets. For now, I'm happy with watching the Colts and Luck perform at a mediocre level with two of the top three picks from 2012. I'm not completely sold on Teddy nor any other qb in this draft. Recent trends are showing that talent is available outside of the top 5 when it comes to drafting
Agreed.

We've dropped 14 potential interceptions vs Luck.

Hang on to some of those and who knows..
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:If there is an elite QB prospect then there such a thinh as meaningless wins, you must consider the bigger picture if there is a player that can potentially change the fortuntes franchise for 10-15 years.

Yeah, but there ain't no elite QB prospect in this next draft.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

I'd rather face Luck for the next decade than Peyton for the next five years.

Quote:Yeah, but there ain't no elite QB prospect in this next draft.
Ah that's why you don't want Teddy. You believe drafting Clowney then tanking for a rapist is the elite option. Newsflash again, if we're not bad enough for Teddy we won't be bad enough for the overhyped QB getting carried by the best team in college. Jags are on the rise & won't and can't afford to tank another season. Teddy makes his team better, Winston is made better by his team. So outside of Winston, who is the QB we're supposed to wait for?

Quote:Jagswoman, that's all fine and dandy, but it did nothing for the future of our franchise.

It does not have to change the future of our franchise to be a meaningful game. Any coach or player will tell you he is only focused on the present, not the future, and scoff at the claim his team tanks for high draft picks. In the minds of the men who wear black, teal, and gold uniforms, no matter what their record is, every win is a good thing. The "suck for Luck" idea was made up by so-called fans, not the Jaguars themselves.

Quote:Not really seeing how that makes up for having to deal with Luck 2 times a year for the next decade. I'd think Weaver would be happier right now if we were fighting for a 2nd straight playoff spot.

Weaver knew it would take a few years for Shad Khan's rebuilding project to reach that point. In fact when he bought the team, he thought it would take three years to go to the playoffs. And that was, of course, when we did not have a huge mess to clean up.

No team tanks, you think Painter/orvlosky wanted to lose their job to luck? They sucked but they didn't want to lose their job to a newbie.