Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2-1

The jaguars have a 2-1 division record.  If we are to win meaningless games, it's important to note that if success does carry over from this regime that we will play our division rivals tough!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Last four wins, and only wins in the past two years are against division opponents.

[Image: tumblr_mrotf2m35r1sqgqlao4_250.gif]

So after we win out, we will be 5-1 with the best divsion record. With a possible though unlikley wilcard spot.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 01:27 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:So after we win out, we will be 5-1 with the best divsion record. With a possible though unlikley wilcard spot.

If the Jags won out, they could probably win the division (if the Colts continued to free fall)....it would be like Seattle that year that won the division at 7-9. 

I wish we could have had this sort of 2nd half schedule when the team was actually poised to make a SB run....

Quote:If the Jags won out, they could probably win the division (if the Colts continued to free fall)
clots would have to lose out and that means losing to the tacks wich would probabley give the tacks the insie track to winning the divison. but would be fun to watch it play out Big Grin

Can we stop talking about the possibility of playoffs.  This season is what it is.  Let's just enjoy being competitive and winning a few games.

One of these years.............

Quote:Can we stop talking about the possibility of playoffs.  This season is what it is.  Let's just enjoy being competitive and winning a few games.

no one is being serious about the playoff talk. Relax. 

[Image: 41575_2231117345_7818_n.jpg]

One of these years.............

Quote:no one is being serious about the playoff talk. Relax. 
Wait a min. your assercion that the clots are in a freefall and looking at thier remaining schedule, it is a possibility they lose the rest of thier games. And with us playing much better it is possible for us to win out with our schedule. The only think is the tacks, they have an tough schedule besides the clots and us if they slip up and lose to us and only beat the clots it is possible we win the divison. looking at the schedules i think there is better then no chance for us to make the playoffs. It is not likely but anything is possible its just the way the schedules play out.

Quote:Wait a min. your assercion that the clots are in a freefall and looking at thier remaining schedule, it is a possibility they lose the rest of thier games. And with us playing much better it is possible for us to win out with our schedule. The only think is the tacks, they have an tough schedule besides the clots and us if they slip up and lose to us and only beat the clots it is possible we win the divison. looking at the schedules i think there is better then no chance for us to make the playoffs. It is not likely but anything is possible its just the way the schedules play out.

We're not playing much better.  We're playing much worse... competition.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2013, 02:31 PM by JAGFAN88.)

Quote:We're not playing much better.  We're playing much worse... competition.
yes much worse competition which is why before the bye i said we could end up 8-8 or 7-9.

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...-8-or-7-9/

There is no such thing as a meaningless game. Every win is good for the team because winning increases our confidence and ability to succeed in the long run. If we are stuck in the "used to losing" mental state, even Teddy Bridgewater can't make us a playoff team.

Quote:There is no such thing as a meaningless game. Every win is good for the team because winning increases our confidence and ability to succeed in the long run. If we are stuck in the "used to losing" mental state, even Teddy Bridgewater can't make us a playoff team.

If there is an elite QB prospect then there such a thinh as meaningless wins, you must consider the bigger picture if there is a player that can potentially change the fortuntes franchise for 10-15 years.

Quote:There is no such thing as a meaningless game. Every win is good for the team because winning increases our confidence and ability to succeed in the long run. If we are stuck in the "used to losing" mental state, even Teddy Bridgewater can't make us a playoff team.

The Jaguars win against the Colts in week 17 of the 2011 season was the definition of a meaningless win, it did nothing for the confidence or future of our franchise, to make matters worse, it guaranteed the Jaguars would have to face one of the best QB prospects ever twice per year for the next 12-15 years. I'm not a fan of tanking, but there are meaningless wins.

Quote:Wait a min. your assercion that the clots are in a freefall and looking at thier remaining schedule, it is a possibility they lose the rest of thier games. And with us playing much better it is possible for us to win out with our schedule. The only think is the tacks, they have an tough schedule besides the clots and us if they slip up and lose to us and only beat the clots it is possible we win the divison. looking at the schedules i think there is better then no chance for us to make the playoffs. It is not likely but anything is possible its just the way the schedules play out.
This thought will be squashed when we lose this week. Josh Gordon is gonna tear us up.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:This thought will be squashed when we lose this week. Josh Gordon is gonna tear us up.

Josh Gordon is an absolute beast, he has a chance to be a top 5 WR in the league, a bigger version of Dez Bryant with much better long speed, scary...

Quote:Josh Gordon is an absolute beast, he has a chance to be a top 5 WR in the league, a bigger version of Dez Bryant with much better long speed, scary...
I hope Blackmon can someday be like that for us. This would have been an awesome matchup if Blackmon could have kept off the fire water.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:I hope Blackmon can someday be like that for us. This would have been an awesome matchup if Blackmon could have kept off the fire water.

I don't think Blackmon has a chance to be anything like Josh Gordon, Gordon is an absolute freak athlete at 6'4 220 Lbs and runs a 40 in the 4.3's. Gordon has a chance to be an elite player because he can blow the top off defenses with that speed.

Quote:We're not playing much better.  We're playing much worse... competition.

Yeah, we still suck. The texans and titans on those sundays just sucked more