Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you rate Bradley's credibility?
Outstanding- I trust and believe everything he says
Good- Most of what he says is true
Average- I believe half of what is said
Poor- I believe little to nothing of what he says
[Show Results]

Bradley's Credibility

Quote:It is a leadership style, and one of non-confrontation, no negative, nor aggressive style that has people thinking good of Gus despite the horrible team performance. 

The question you have to ask is  who is to blame?  If it is the GM for hiring Gus (and if you think that the GM hired the coaches under Gus without Gus really saying who he wanted) than you have to really be mad at the GM.

If you think Gus picked everyone (which would make you think that) and had total control of the team, than Gus will most likely be fired at the end of this season.

So who do you think is to blame?

Those most to blame are not here any longer. Those still here will most likely be cut in the offseason. As the famous Russian said, "Comrades... If a fox stole your chickens... Would you slaughter your pig because he saw the fox?"

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We suck.  We have no accountability in performance and that even includes the most simplistic things that don't require talent (e.g. Penalties).

We've been running camp cupcake here for the past 2 years which is a great environment for the players.  Aaron Ross said it best when he stated 2012 was the best vacation of his life.  I feel the atmostphere is the same under Bradley that it was with Mularkey, only the team is much worse.

We need a Coughlin here or someone like Cowher who knows what they are doing and has the respect of their team.  Bradley is one of the boys.

Quote:I don't completely agree with this statement because many of the boneheaded penalties we've seen committed fall on one particular player.  He set the tone, and it seems like the refs are simply looking for anything to throw a flag over since then.  If you watch the penalties we've been hammered over, at least half of them are ticky tacky. 

The one I still don't get is the Josh Evans penalty in Denver. You watch any NFL game and you see a dozen player do the same exact thing and it doesn't get called.

;

;

Quote:Do all the personal fouls and undisciplined boneheaded plays not tell the story?  I like Bradley, hope we succeed, but I think his approach has led to the wild west we see on the field.  

If it was a veteran coach like Andy Reid or Coughlin, Babin and Branch would be sitting on the bench or released from the team by now with their stupid personal fouls penalties.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We have become so soft of an organization.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 10:14 AM by Jags2DaDeath.)

Quote:We have become so soft of an organization.

Let me guess.

If only we were a tough organization like those in the "northeast corridor" right?

Maybe you, Vic Ketchman and TMD can meet up sometime and you can wax poetic about how much better things are in the Rust Belt.

;

;

Quote:We have become so soft of an organization., fan base.
Fixed it for you.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Let me guess.

If only we were a tough organization like those in the "northeast corridor" right?

Maybe you, Vic Ketchman and TMD can meet up sometime and you can wax poetic about how much better things are in the Rust Belt.

You nailed it.  Oh wait, that was sarcasm.  The truth is that 9 of the last 13 Super Bowl Winners have come from the Northeast Corridor

Sorry to bring stats into your world of opinions.

Hey good for them.

I guess that Northeast Corridor toughness helped the Ravens beat the soft 49ers.

You may be on to something.

;

;

Quote:Hey good for them.

I guess that Northeast Corridor toughness helped the Ravens beat the soft 49ers.

You may be on to something.

The demand to win is much greater.  The Ravens contnued to get better even though they were continually getting beat by the Steelers in critical games.  Losing wasn't an option and ultimately they won the SB.

Just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean Bradley isn't holding his players and coaches, including himself, accountable. That we only hear specifically that he holds himself accountable just confirms my respect for him.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I think Gus is trying to make due with the hand he has been dealt and I can't fault him for him trying to remain positive. This is a really bad football team that lacks talent everywhere, so it would be hard to be critical of any coach for their approach in dealing with the roster the Jags have in place. We really can't judge Gus until next year after they get him some more players to work with.

Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

Bradley seems to be too interested in being the players buddies instead of their boss. 

He also wasn't able to fetch a lot of quality assistant coaches. The Coordinator hires were very weak, and the only decent coaches on the entire staff is the WR coach Sullivan, who was a holdover, and perhaps Dewayne Walker (DB coach). The rest aren't good enough. 

Quote:Bradley seems to be too interested in being the players buddies instead of their boss. 

He also wasn't able to fetch a lot of quality assistant coaches. The Coordinator hires were very weak, and the only decent coaches on the entire staff is the WR coach Sullivan, who was a holdover, and perhaps Dewayne Walker (DB coach). The rest aren't good enough. 

And you are basing this off of what exactly? A few sound clips off the website?

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 12:40 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:And you are basing this off of what exactly? A few sound clips off the website?

From the entire body of work since he's been here. I never see him chew anyone out. He never seems to blow a gasket - he seems to be too complacent with the all the blowout losses. No one of prominence (cough/ MoJo) seems to lose PT over poor performance. Todman absolutely should have seen more carries over the first 8 games, when MoJo was struggling. He always says the same stale crap every week in his press conferences.....effort, blah, blah, blah.....Coaches like Buddy Ryan, Parcells, Jimmy Johnson and Coughlin wouldn't be as passive as Gus has been thats for sure. He's always giving the phony positive angle, "I believe in this locker room".....REALLY??? Newsflash, Gus, it sucks! (for the most part) Most of these guys won't be here in a few years....he just comes off as weak, overall. While no one expects Gus to come out and say that the roster sucks, I think he could be setting a better example for what HE demands and what is acceptable, which he doesn't seem to put much of an onus on. 

Quote:We suck.

He doesn't need to hold a presser to tell us the obvious.

I'd be more entertaining if he did, and isnt that really what it's all about Smile

Quote:Just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean Bradley isn't holding his players and coaches, including himself, accountable. That we only hear specifically that he holds himself accountable just confirms my respect for him.

Perhaps, but if I hear him say the world "effort" 1more time I'm gonna puke !!   He continues to preach effort and then we continuously go out and get behind by ~ 27 points in the 1st half

Quote:We suck.  We have no accountability in performance and that even includes the most simplistic things that don't require talent (e.g. Penalties).

We've been running camp cupcake here for the past 2 years which is a great environment for the players.  Aaron Ross said it best when he stated 2012 was the best vacation of his life.  I feel the atmostphere is the same under Bradley that it was with Mularkey, only the team is much worse.

We need a Coughlin here or someone like Cowher who knows what they are doing and has the respect of their team.  Bradley is one of the boys.

I love these kind of posts - you know, the ones that sound like they're coming from someone who is 85. "Back in my day ..."

You don't have a clue.

It's all about perception to you, isn't it? If we had someone who spits when he yells, has that vein in his neck showing - a real tough guy. A real coach!

I think you've seen too many movies.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Do you people realize that every head coach doesnt tell the truth? They would be horrible at their job if they did, because that is not how you lead. Of course he knows that players like Henne, Gebbert, Rackley ect ect suck. He cant just say that though.

A better question would be does Gus appear to be a strong leader. And which would you prefer: A guy who yells and screams at his players that he knows are talent deficient, or a guy who continues to have a positive outlook and keeps peoples spirits up even when losing.

A leader is best defined as someone who can stay positive and keep everyone else positive when times are bad. That is not accomplished by getting angry, and telling the media things that should be kept in house.

Quote:The demand to win is much greater.  The Ravens contnued to get better even though they were continually getting beat by the Steelers in critical games.  Losing wasn't an option and ultimately they won the SB.
Losing not an option? LOL!

Executions at sunrise? C'mon, got any other clichés?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.