Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How do you rate Bradley's credibility?
Outstanding- I trust and believe everything he says
Good- Most of what he says is true
Average- I believe half of what is said
Poor- I believe little to nothing of what he says
[Show Results]

Bradley's Credibility

How would you rate Bradley's credibility? 

I really have problems with his conistent exaggeration and focus on the positives.  He doesn't seem to hold coaches or players truly accountable.  I also am weary of comments such as him saying that he has said he trusted Blackmon.  He never says anything that indicates accountability.  It simply seems like he continually blows smoke and there is no genuine accountability or discipline on the team.

We flat out have the absolutely worst roster and least talent in the NFL and I don't recall him once being realistic and admitting anything remotely close.

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:How would you rate Bradley's credibility?

I really have problems with his conistent exaggeration and focus on the positives. He doesn't seem to hold coaches or players truly accountable. I also am weary of comments such as him saying that he has said he trusted Blackmon. He never says anything that indicates accountability. It simply seems like he continually blows smoke and there is no genuine accountability or discipline on the team.

We flat out have the absolutely worst roster and least talent in the NFL and I don't recall him once being realistic and admitting anything remotely close.

Thoughts?

We suck.

He doesn't need to hold a presser to tell us the obvious.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:We suck.

He doesn't need to hold a presser to tell us the obvious.
That's not what I said.  But you also don't see Coughlin, Belichik, Tomlin, etc. getting up on stage at 0-8 and saying "there were a lot of positives..." blah blah blah.  The presitigious teams around the league are always striving to get better.  We just hear that we are "competing" and there are "positives."  Who's asking for a special press conference.  Just tell it like it is and stop blowing smoke during the normal press conferences.  Anyone loses credibility when they don't give a fair assessment. 

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 02:18 AM by Jungle Cat.)

I see absolutely NOTHING to indicate there is life in this franchise.

Every time I hear Gus Bradley talk it's like this...

[Image: 648.gif]

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

It's coach speak.  What do you expect?  You don't throw people under the bus.  Simple as that.  I'm betting we'll see changes at the end of the year.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

lol. Gus gon come in and start insulting a makeshift roster

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 05:50 AM by Predator.)

Quote:That's not what I said.  But you also don't see Coughlin, Belichik, Tomlin, etc. getting up on stage at 0-8 and saying "there were a lot of positives..." blah blah blah.  The presitigious teams around the league are always striving to get better.  We just hear that we are "competing" and there are "positives."  Who's asking for a special press conference.  Just tell it like it is and stop blowing smoke during the normal press conferences.  Anyone loses credibility when they don't give a fair assessment. 
That is like saying I'm mature because I don't brag about my nobel prize.

Maybe the reason you don't see them talking about being 0-8 is because they have never been 0-8.

I'm not going  to attack the coach when he's only been here for 8 regular season games.  I'm going to wait and see what the results are longer term than that.   They tore the team down and now they're just trying to get to next season.   Yes, I hate it, it's awful to go through as a fan, but Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 his first year with the Cowboys.  This is a multi-year process.  We'll have to see how it plays out.  

I think what is obvious by the way he's been speaking, and what also Caldwell and Khan has said was they had very low expectations. Sounds as if you maybe had higher. Bradley has joked that he didn't think they'd be this bad (as in 0-8), but he knew they would struggle a lot. They know where they're at. They know what they are. SI's Doug Farrar supposedly has sources inside the Jags' and says they know what's wrong and how to fix it and that's just flat out lack of talent. If you have a lack of talent and it's not scheme or effort based, there's no need to "light a fire under their [BLEEP]." They are what they are. You just need more talent, to replace the bad players as well as the newer guys you did bring in to blossom and grow into solid or good players.

Bradley was partly brought in to be a positive force in the locker room, a guy that can light up the room and make you want to play for him. Dogging his players because they're not good enough isn't the move bruh.

So what would make the OP happy? If during the game, Bradley stood behind the players and said "you suck, jackass..." like the guy from Happy Gilmore?

Quote:How would you rate Bradley's credibility?

I really have problems with his conistent exaggeration and focus on the positives. He doesn't seem to hold coaches or players truly accountable. I also am weary of comments such as him saying that he has said he trusted Blackmon. He never says anything that indicates accountability. It simply seems like he continually blows smoke and there is no genuine accountability or discipline on the team.

Thoughts?

No need to call players or coaches out in public I'm sure he does behind closed doors the it should be done

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 07:14 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:I see absolutely NOTHING to indicate there is life in this franchise.

Every time I hear Gus Bradley talk it's like this...

trollol

;

;

I think Gus knows how bad this team is and knew this year wasn't going to be that good. If you were coaching a good team you would be frustrated when you know your team can execute and make the plays but aren't for whatever reason. But if your coaching a team that is mostly rookies and other teams cast offs for competition after you blew up the roster, sure you will get frustrated but knowing the season wasn't going to be a winner, what else are you going to do? Are you going to be mad at a kid if he messed up mowing your lawn? Not nearly as much as you would if you an experience lawn crew out and messed it up. If we are competitive in a few years I think you will see the "do you jobs" more. At this point they are just figuring out who will be here next year that can help build the team.

Quote:I think what is obvious by the way he's been speaking, and what also Caldwell and Khan has said was they had very low expectations. Sounds as if you maybe had higher. Bradley has joked that he didn't think they'd be this bad (as in 0-8), but he knew they would struggle a lot. They know where they're at. They know what they are. SI's Doug Farrar supposedly has sources inside the Jags' and says they know what's wrong and how to fix it and that's just flat out lack of talent. If you have a lack of talent and it's not scheme or effort based, there's no need to "light a fire under their [BAD WORD REMOVED]." They are what they are. You just need more talent, to replace the bad players as well as the newer guys you did bring in to blossom and grow into solid or good players.

Bradley was partly brought in to be a positive force in the locker room, a guy that can light up the room and make you want to play for him. Dogging his players because they're not good enough isn't the move bruh.
I agree, didn't see this when I posted.

Do all the personal fouls and undisciplined boneheaded plays not tell the story?  I like Bradley, hope we succeed, but I think his approach has led to the wild west we see on the field.  

Gene's Myth

Quote:Do all the personal fouls and undisciplined boneheaded plays not tell the story?  I like Bradley, hope we succeed, but I think his approach has led to the wild west we see on the field.  

I think the lack of talent can lead  to that.  They start to get desperate to make plays, they amp up their effort, and the next thing you see they are jumping offsides and getting into fights out of frustration. 

I'm not excusing it, I'm just trying to explain it. 

The ONLY Issue I have with guess is the lack of effort the team displays week in and out. He got them up for a big game in Denver no one gave us a chance on, but every other week it seems like they're just going through the motions.

That said it's hard to keep them motivated this long when it's painfully obvious we're out matched every week. Next year we'll be able to tell more about Gus, I have more problems with David at this point.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

It is a leadership style, and one of non-confrontation, no negative, nor aggressive style that has people thinking good of Gus despite the horrible team performance. 

The question you have to ask is  who is to blame?  If it is the GM for hiring Gus (and if you think that the GM hired the coaches under Gus without Gus really saying who he wanted) than you have to really be mad at the GM.

If you think Gus picked everyone (which would make you think that) and had total control of the team, than Gus will most likely be fired at the end of this season.

So who do you think is to blame?

Quote:Do all the personal fouls and undisciplined boneheaded plays not tell the story?  I like Bradley, hope we succeed, but I think his approach has led to the wild west we see on the field.  

Get rid of Babin and half your penalties are gone

I don't completely agree with this statement because many of the boneheaded penalties we've seen committed fall on one particular player.  He set the tone, and it seems like the refs are simply looking for anything to throw a flag over since then.  If you watch the penalties we've been hammered over, at least half of them are ticky tacky. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]