Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson

as much as i want him to succeed, i dont see it at rb. he should be tried as a wr solely, his body type fits it more tbh. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Behind a better run-blocking line - give D-Rob 10 touches as a "spell-back" and I would wager that he'd average 5+ yards per carry.   I actually think he's got good vision as a runner but hasn't had  enough opportunities or decent running lanes.   I hope he gets more and more carries this season so that we can see him develop. 

Quote:Yep, those holes that Meester and the Oline is opening are huge.  Heck, I could get 100 yards per games.  Amazing our RBs are not taking advantage of our dominant OLine.

I agree, our O-line has not been getting push all season, but you can clearly see that MJD doesn't have the burst to get the outside like he used to. Again, I love Mojo, but I'm not going to deny what my eyes are clearly telling me. Maurice has had a ton of carries on that small frame of his, and I think it's showing now.

Denard at least was able to use his speed to run outside the tackles.

I would love to see a stat on this to back me up (or to confirm I'm crazy), but it seems to me that every play I've seen Denard in the game he gets the ball.  If he's not getting the ball....he's out.  So if you are a defense and you see him in......  you know the play.  It's a run to Denard.

Quote:I would love to see a stat on this to back me up (or to confirm I'm crazy), but it seems to me that every play I've seen Denard in the game he gets the ball.  If he's not getting the ball....he's out.  So if you are a defense and you see him in......  you know the play.  It's a run to Denard.
Pretty much.   He's probably been on the field (with the offense) only a small handful of times when he wasn't getting the ball. 

I wish they'd just stick him in as a WR this year and let him develop his hands so that he can become a Darren Sproles type player out of the backfield once we have a Qb and can contend. 

Denard is a natural running back. He cant run routes or catch at all, but hes good at setting up blockers and making 1 cut to get upfield. He did it in his last 2 games in college, and in the preseason this year.

Gus said in his last interview that his play at RB moved him up to 2nd on the depth chart.

He had a 21 yard run called back because of a hold. Stat line would have looked much better at 5 carries for 36 yards.

Quote:He had a 21 yard run called back because of a hold. Stat line would have looked much better at 5 carries for 36 yards.

.... perhaps the hold enabled him to get the 21 yards..??

Quote:.... perhaps the hold enabled him to get the 21 yards..??

Exactly he was getting stuffed at the line. I think it was meester with a blatant hold

Man 5th round picks half way into their rookie season making a position change better come in like superstars. The expectations of some people are just wow lol

dr was getting run up the gut in preseason which i didn't get

he's a pace back not a power back, run him to the outside

as a change of pace back i like him. he is quick and he seems to see the gaps very well whilst he isn't afraid to cut it back. He can hit the hole, problem is we can't open up any holes with our o line at the moment.

even mjd is having more joy round the edge than up the gut which is testament to our weak interior

as for mjd, i can get why people are saying he's fat, he looks heavy when he runs but the explosiveness is coming back and he is looking better each week. It won't be long before he breaks one.

Quote: It won't be long before he breaks one.

As long as it's not the one he broke before, I don't think he can come back from another surgery.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato