Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson

Is he ready for a bigger role? I thought he looked really good out there, and his speed was very apparent and a warm welcome, after watching a fat Mojo try to hit holes the past 8 games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Save him for when we have an OL that doesn't get pushed back five yards.

With a better OL and OC, I can see Denard being a #2 or #3 RB with gamebreaking speed.

I've said it before, I think he can be the guy of the future. He should be the #2 going forward and we'll continue to see what he can do. He did look good today.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Is he ready for a bigger role? I thought he looked really good out there, and his speed was very apparent and a warm welcome, after watching a fat Mojo try to hit holes the past 8 games.
umm what the heck is up with the shot at MJD?

3 of the last 4 games MJD has looked very good

And Robinson does need a bigger role he got a few more today

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I would like to see Robinson get more touches....it's time.  Also, Todman looked very good in the role also during the preseason.  I would like to see Todman get some reps at RB.  If these guys perform, it takes one pick of need off next season's draft list.

I have not been impressed by DR as an offensive weapon he is dull and boring.  To speak ill of Mojo whom in his rookie year made Denard look like a joke, Maurice even now is more of an offensive weapon than DR ever will be.  Mojo can still return, catch, block, and run better than most RBs in the NFL.

The problem is Chad threw a horrible pass to wide open Maurice Jones Drew the GM got rid of the best Offensive line member on the team for a 5th round pick or later, the rookie he drafted is injured, the center is oldest in the NFL, the guard will rackley is injured yet again (looking like a busted pick), and the other guard & tackles are way below average & would be on other teams depth line & not starters.

That being said DR cant catch like we were told he would be primarliy used for at the begining of the season.

The sports announcer even said they were having a hard time finding a place for him on the team, thats because he screws up a lot.

I love mojo and what he's meant to the jags over his career, but you are in denial if you think he is even remotely close to the player he was just two years ago. He looks fat and slow right now, and it's even affecting the power in his running that has been what he has known for. It's not a shot at Maurice, it is the truth. 

I don't see Denard being a feature back, but I think he has real upside as a 3rd down back. His speed really showed up on Sunday, and that excites me.

Looked better yesterday.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Is he ready for a bigger role? I thought he looked really good out there, and his speed was very apparent and a warm welcome, after watching a fat Mojo try to hit holes the past 8 games.

Yep, those holes that Meester and the Oline is opening are huge.  Heck, I could get 100 yards per games.  Amazing our RBs are not taking advantage of our dominant OLine.

He looked better but I doubt he's ever a factor.   Just draft one of the Auburn or Alabama RBs next year in the 5th or 6th round and be done with it.

Denard is just a fast guy with no real skills, I doubt he's in the league in 5 years.

Quote:Denard is just a fast guy with no real skills, I doubt he's in the league in 5 years.

Interesting... apparently you haven't seem him play. I've seen him show to power and elussiveness. Way to small of s sample size to make any judgement.

Denard has some natural attributes that translate to RB but he just needs to be coached up. Hes also a 5th round pick adjusting to a new position

I dont really get why Denard doesnt get that many reps.

Quote:umm what the heck is up with the shot at MJD?

3 of the last 4 games MJD has looked very good

And Robinson does need a bigger role he got a few more today

He has, yes. 

Coincidence that he's doing better with Blackmon back? Probably. I don't know. 

On Wisconsin.

Quote:Interesting... apparently you haven't seem him play. I've seen him show to power and elussiveness. Way to small of s sample size to make any judgement.

If I hadn't seen him play why would I comment?

He can't catch, he doesn't look like a natural running back, can he block?...What exactly are his skills? I've also seen zero elusiveness in the NFL so far and mediocre power.

Quote:I love mojo and what he's meant to the jags over his career, but you are in denial if you think he is even remotely close to the player he was just two years ago. He looks fat and slow right now, and it's even affecting the power in his running that has been what he has known for. It's not a shot at Maurice, it is the truth. 

I don't see Denard being a feature back, but I think he has real upside as a 3rd down back. His speed really showed up on Sunday, and that excites me.
MJD has been getting better and better each week after comming off major surgery. You do realize he had no off season right? It's funny that you haven't even noticed MJD's steady improvement throughout the season. His power is clearly coming back. You are the one in denial. The sad part is that you don't even have to watch the game to see it. You could just look at his stats....possibly take a statistics course as well. Notice a general upward trend....

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ffcc00></FONT>[url=http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/Ratix240sx/?action=view&current=untitled5.jpg][/url]

Quote:If I hadn't seen him play why would I comment?

He can't catch, he doesn't look like a natural running back, can he block?...What exactly are his skills? I've also seen zero elusiveness in the NFL so far and mediocre power.

He showed good power and elusiveness in preseason. No it hasent transffered over but I don't think he has had enough opportunity. Heis a project but is a very talented athlete.

Quote:He showed good power and elusiveness in preseason. No it hasent transffered over but I don't think he has had enough opportunity. Heis a project but is a very talented athlete.

I agree he's a good athlete. I just doubt whether that will reflect in the NFL