Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It Just Takes 1 Win!

Quote:Yep. The loser mentality. Let's lose so we can get a higher draft pick while discouraging the entire team from giving their best effort. Tom Coughlin told me once, "winning is contagious, as is losing."

Regards.....................the Chiefjag
Well said!!! I would rather be able to smile 5 weeks out of the year, than pull for 16 losses so we can draft someone who NO ONE KNOWS what to expect when playing teams higher than a pop warner level.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well said!!! I would rather be able to smile 5 weeks out of the year, than pull for 16 losses so we can draft someone who NO ONE KNOWS what to expect when playing teams higher than a pop warner level.
I would tank if it was towards the end of the season and we already blew the season, but week 4? cmon man 

TMD acts like Teddy is Peyton Manning and there is no other good QBs coming out.  Teddy might not even be the best QB to come out of this class when its all said and done, its not Teddy or nothing in this class of QBs.

I wouldnt worry about winning until next September. 

Quote:I wouldnt worry about winning until next September. 
Great! Guess we will see you then!

Quote:I would tank if it was towards the end of the season and we already blew the season, but week 4? cmon man 

TMD acts like Teddy is Peyton Manning and there is no other good QBs coming out.  Teddy might not even be the best QB to come out of this class when its all said and done, its not Teddy or nothing in this class of QBs.
Kind of pisses me off, that people who claim to be true fans pull for losses. "I dont want to improve, I want the #1 pick so we can have an unproven qb". Like you said, if its week 12 and the blowout losses have piled up, fine. But this early? Give me a break!

I do not encourage losing.  This is a year to show potential and growth.  I want this team to go out there and put their best effort forward every week.   Let the cards play out and not want to lose.

Lets not forget the draft is nothing more then a lottery.  Sure there is a greater chance of getting a good player with the first overall but nothing is guaranteed.  There is a very long line of "can't miss" players at the top of the draft that bust every year. 

I hope to see this young team grow and improve as the year goes on.  I would encourage them to get some wins and hope to see potential for next year.  I disagree with losing

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I do not encourage losing.  This is a year to show potential and growth.  I want this team to go out there and put their best effort forward every week.   Let the cards play out and not want to lose.

Lets not forget the draft is nothing more then a lottery.  Sure there is a greater chance of getting a good player with the first overall but nothing is guaranteed.  There is a very long line of "can't miss" players at the top of the draft that bust every year. 

I hope to see this young team grow and improve as the year goes on.  I would encourage them to get some wins and hope to see potential for next year.  I disagree with losing

you can show potential & growth and still set yourself up for the 1st overall pick if you play your cards right. 

The draft is nothing more than a lottery....true, but tickets like Luck & Bridgewater significantly increase your odds of winning. :yes: 

Its funny there are people in this thread that are mad at me for my take, when my take gives us a better chance at some real success later, whereas their take pretty much keeps us in status quo long term....

I guess they enjoy the mediocrity of game manager QB's and 5 to 8 win seasons and stuck in nowhereland. 

The teams that truly have bottomed out over NFL history generally rebound to hit the top or darn close to it. ....yes please. 

People are acting like Andrew Luck is on Manning or Brady level. He isn't.

Quote:Kind of ********************** me off, that people who claim to be true fans pull for losses. "I dont want to improve, I want the #1 pick so we can have an unproven qb". Like you said, if its week 12 and the blowout losses have piled up, fine. But this early? Give me a break!
Insinuating that someone else isn't a "true fan" is a bit ridiculous I think

Quote:Yep, just as sure as I was that Andrew Luck was going to do the same thing for whomever drafted him.

Man you are brilliant, no one saw that coming
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

It's amazing - people will want a few meaningless wins that will likely mean a 2nd tier QB and ANOTHER 10 years of mediocrity instead of getting the 1st pick in the draft and likely - although not guaranteed - a true franchise QB.

Come on - true fans are tired of the mediocrity and want to win in the long haul. 

TMD is right on target...

Some of you people seem to forget that it doesn't matter if the fans want the team to lose so they can get a better draft pick. The team is going to do what it's going to do, regardless of what anyone here thinks. So yeah, it's OK to want the first pick. If that means losing, go right ahead and root for losses!

I hate losing as much as anyone, but you're darn right that I was hoping the colts would get the first pick in the draft. But that meant losing a lot of games. Turned out pretty good for us. 

The way the Rams are playing tonight against the 49ers there is a chance the Jaguars could win against them next week.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 12:59 AM by knarnn.)

Am I the only one who thought of this when reading the title?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khauvdb_...ata_player
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Its funny there are people in this thread that are mad at me for my take, when my take gives us a better chance at some real success later, whereas their take pretty much keeps us in status quo long term....

I guess they enjoy the mediocrity of game manager QB's and 5 to 8 win seasons and stuck in nowhereland. 

But we'll get to the playoffs once every 6 years!!! :woot:

Quote:The way the Rams are playing tonight against the 49ers there is a chance the Jaguars could win against them next week.
The Rams are very much like the Jaguars and are experiencing years of frustration. They had the top pick of the draft and chose Sam Bradford. They bailed out on RGIII and look at their draft classes. They look like Gene Smith of the Midwest. What a mess they have going on. Imagine what would have happened if Shad's purchase of the Rams had gone through in place of Jacksonville.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

TMD is right. A few wins mean nothing.
Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:TMD is right. A few wins mean nothing.

Well, to a lot of fans a few wins mean nothing. To players/coaches a win means a great deal.

Quote:The Rams are very much like the Jaguars and are experiencing years of frustration. They had the top pick of the draft and chose Sam Bradford. They bailed out on RGIII and look at their draft classes. They look like Gene Smith of the Midwest. What a mess they have going on. Imagine what would have happened if Shad's purchase of the Rams had gone through in place of Jacksonville.

LOL, funny theres people on these very boards who believe getting the #1 qb in the draft is instant title!

Quote:TMD is right. A few wins mean nothing.
Go figure , you agree with your brother.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 02:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:LOL, funny theres people on these very boards who believe getting the #1 qb in the draft is instant title!

Go figure , you agree with your brother.
Yeah its funny, look at the great teams in the league these days none of them are doing it with the number one pick.  They are doing it with good drafts year in and year out.

GB- their QB was drafted at the end of round 1 has 1 a SB and they just have a history of good drafts

Pit.- their QB was drafted at middle of the 1st has one 2 SB and they have a history of good drafts

Sea.- their QB was drafted in the 3rd, same with them solid players every year in the draft

SF- their QB was drafted in the 2nd had the 1st pick and took a QB but he isnt even on the team anymore but they have stockpiled on good players threw the drafted that wasn't 1st overall. 

NE- their QB was drafted in the 6th has won 3 SBs and the team has also had good drafts

Saints- their QB was drafted in the 2nd and they won a SB

Ravens- their QB was drafted in the middle of the 1st and they won a SB and they have also had a good history with solid drafts.

Giants- Eli was the first pick overall but one could argue their D carried them to the playoffs and I think they would of won the SB with Rivers or Big Ben who came out in the same year with those Giants teams

Raiders-  1st pick overall a QB selected and he is out of the league

Panthers- 1st pick overall a QB selected and Cam is decent but they would be better right now if the took AJ Green, Julio Jones, or JJ Watt in the 1st and took Colin Kapernick in the 2nd

Lions- 1st pick overall a QB Stafford is good but Calvin makes him look a lot better than he is and they have made the playoffs 1 time.

Colts- Luck and Peyton was a good deal for them at 1st overall but Teddy is no Luck or Peyton

See the trend here people?  You don't need the number 1 overall pick and the number one overall pick probably 80% of the time doesn't even turn out to be the best player in that draft.  You just have to hit on your picks year in and year out.