Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
There Isn't A Single Thing To Be Upset About Anymore.

Quote:So you expected the team to suck, they did, and now you're upset about it.

I'm invested in this team. I expected them to stink this year after blowing up the roster. I'm not thrilled about it, but I put things in perspective. It's almost comical how bad this team is right now, but I expect to see it improve as the season progresses. Young players should improve, and we should start identifying the building blocks to move forward with.

This year is the first, and most painful step in the process, but things will improve. We may struggle to get to 2 wins, but the product on the field should get better just the same.

I never said that I'm personally upset about it. Just saying that us being unquestionably the worst team in the league would be a valid reason to be upset.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2013, 09:41 PM by t-rex.)

Quote:Because anger would solve anything?  I am very, very passionate when watching the games, believe me.  But afterward, I need to sit back and look at the big picture.

You see all the threads calling for the GM and coach and OC to be fired already, right?  That's the kind of "fan passion" (i.e., idiocy) that you seem to be advocating.

I believe you can be angry and passionate while still seeing the big picture. To say that there are not some apathetic posts on this board which features the most diehard of Jaguar fans is simply untrue. Remember the title of this thread is "There isn't a single thing to be upset about anymore." Of course most fans here are passionate about their team. If they didn't care, why would they be up posting on a message board at nearly 10PM at night? My first post was just a reminder to guard against that. Fans must stay passionate about their team, even during a rebuilding process.

That's all I'm saying.

It would be nice to compete. 

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Quote:You pump so much sunshine, you're not entitled to saying "We knew this team was going to be bad this year".   

You've been the one shouting down everyone that questioned the previous regime.  You've been the one writing glowing practice reports when it was Arena League 1 vs. Arena League 2 talent on display.

Don't act like you've been one of the realists on this board as you've been anything but.

Your weak attempts to portray my position on this team are getting to the laughable point.

I've been saying this team wasn't going to be good this year. Not once have I pumped sunshine about where this team is at right now. It's clear you're pumping something though, and it's of the bovine variety.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It would be nice to compete.

If the front office and coaches know what they're doing, the team will become more competitive.

If they don't, it won't.

Either way, patience and a sense of humor is required.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'm actually cheering for the losses and cheering for other bottom dwelling teams to win. TANKING FOR TEDDY

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2013, 10:18 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

I love the fact that we could get Bridewater, but he ain't going to be much better unless we improve our O-line. We need starting caliber Guards and a Center. Edges are good as Joekel will get better. Bridgewater, Blackmon, Shorts, Sanders, could be a nice group. If MJD and Lewis were healthy, I might suggest we try and trade them for some picks,  but right now they aren't worth a whole lot :\. It's going to be a rough year, but I think we're heading in the right direction.

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:I never said that I'm personally upset about it. Just saying that us being unquestionably the worst team in the league would be a valid reason to be upset.

It's just being upset to being upset then.

Some of the same people wanting us to draft TB #1 overall are upset, which truly makes no sense.

It is going to be painful, we are trying to find our way, and the offense is without the means to gel.

The things I want to see are:

A). The Oline get it together as a unit and figure out how to adequately run block.

B) Get 16 involved in better ways.

C). Integrate Blackman into the pass game and have 2 outside threats as well as Ace containing to develop.

D). Continue solidifying special teams coverage

E). Put Blaine in and let him let it rip. If it works, great, if not, the answer is obvious.

F). Figure out if we have complementary running backs. The MJD situation is what it is. I'd hope we trade him, but we probably couldn't get a 4th.

G). See if we have someone better than 50.

H). See if we have anyone who can provide additional pressure, be it Davis or a waiver guy.

As a pipe dream, keep working the waiver wire and see if we can find a move TE for crying out loud.

I am not so much worried about the D, as we are probably playing better than you'd expect, all things considers (crazy saying that after giving up 45) but we are getting some pressure, we had 4 rookies back there, one of which is a planned starter. And he's playing better and better.

We are going to continue to suck, and I don't know why anyone would expect otherwise. I just want to see us live up to live up to Bradley's mantra of every day get better.

I was kinda angry when the Browns/Colts trade was announced. I would've liked for us to get something instead of nothing for MJD

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

I think we've got a lock on worst team.  The Giants are 0-3 but they've at least got an offense that can score points - well, at least some of the time.

This isn't going to be pretty.  There will be huge roster turnover next year.  The Jags aren't going to pay Mincey $4M to be a backup.  Poz has a huge salary for an average MLB. MJD will leave in free agency.  Meester will retire.  Lewis will get cut - huge salary for little production. 

Quote:I believe you can be angry and passionate while still seeing the big picture. To say that there are not some apathetic posts on this board which features the most diehard of Jaguar fans is simply untrue. Remember the title of this thread is "There isn't a single thing to be upset about anymore." Of course most fans here are passionate about their team. If they didn't care, why would they be up posting on a message board at nearly 10PM at night? My first post was just a reminder to guard against that. Fans must stay passionate about their team, even during a rebuilding process.

That's all I'm saying.
Gotcha.  Welcome back, btw.

Quote:I love the fact that we could get Bridewater, but he ain't going to be much better unless we improve our O-line. We need starting caliber Guards and a Center. Edges are good as Joekel will get better. Bridgewater, Blackmon, Shorts, Sanders, could be a nice group. If MJD and Lewis were healthy, I might suggest we try and trade them for some picks,  but right now they aren't worth a whole lot :\. It's going to be a rough year, but I think we're heading in the right direction.

GO JAGS!
That's why we use 2nd and 3rd round picks on interior linemen. Then sign a couple good defensive starters and resign Monroe. Things can look much better pretty quickly

Quote:I was kinda angry when the Browns/Colts trade was announced. I would've liked for us to get something instead of nothing for MJD

You're two years too late for that.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:That's why we use 2nd and 3rd round picks on interior linemen. Then sign a couple good defensive starters and resign Monroe. Things can look much better pretty quickly

Had the same discussion with some people after the game today. I would be willing to bet they target defense (pass rush and linebacker specifically) in free agency. Take the QB first and then go OL, OL, OL the rest of the way. Go o-line like to went defensive back this year.

;

;

Quote:Had the same discussion with some people after the game today. I would be willing to bet they target defense (pass rush and linebacker specifically) in free agency. Take the QB first and then go OL, OL, OL the rest of the way. Go o-line like to went defensive back this year.

Works for me, I stll can't believe how atrocious the O-line has been,

Section 214. Go Canes!

I've had to work for the first three games of the year, haven't watched but a few lowlights. I might just skip this season if they don't start being competitive.  I think last year I only watched 6 games all the way through until the end.

My decision to buy a PS4 instead of some tickets is going to be a wise choice.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 01:49 AM by vagrantwade.)

Quote:Cause Clowney is the best as well. Imagine him playing 100%. Make Williams look like a walk in the park.

Clowney is already getting exhausted from the double teams in college. Can you imagine what he would be like if he was on this team where the defense plays 90% of the game?

Quote:I've had to work for the first three games of the year, haven't watched but a few lowlights. I might just skip this season if they don't start being competitive.  I think last year I only watched 6 games all the way through until the end.

My decision to buy a PS4 instead of some tickets is going to be a wise choice.

Until you get sick of trash Japan games and indie titles.

TEST

i'm upset that there are still 5 other teams that are winless  Wallbash

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 03:49 AM by Unravel.)

Quote:It's just being upset to being upset then.

Some of the same people wanting us to draft TB #1 overall are upset, which truly makes no sense.

It is going to be painful, we are trying to find our way, and the offense is without the means to gel.

The things I want to see are:

A). The Oline get it together as a unit and figure out how to adequately run block.
B) Get 16 involved in better ways.

C). Integrate Blackman into the pass game and have 2 outside threats as well as Ace containing to develop.

D). Continue solidifying special teams coverage

E). Put Blaine in and let him let it rip. If it works, great, if not, the answer is obvious.

F). Figure out if we have complementary running backs. The MJD situation is what it is. I'd hope we trade him, but we probably couldn't get a 4th.

G). See if we have someone better than 50.

H). See if we have anyone who can provide additional pressure, be it Davis or a waiver guy.

As a pipe dream, keep working the waiver wire and see if we can find a move TE for crying out loud.

I am not so much worried about the D, as we are probably playing better than you'd expect, all things considers (crazy saying that after giving up 45) but we are getting some pressure, we had 4 rookies back there, one of which is a planned starter. And he's playing better and better.

We are going to continue to suck, and I don't know why anyone would expect otherwise. I just want to see us live up to live up to Bradley's mantra of every day get better.

I don't understand how people are completely dismissing the fact that being the worst team in the league is cause for being upset. I'm not saying that it will change anything or that it is a level-headed response to the situation. Just that it is a possible one, and it is justified to a degree. Human emotions are not logical things. They don't make sense most of the time and they frequently outweigh the human brain's logical processes. It's literally human nature.

When you are emotionally invested in something that turns out to be the worst at what it is intended to do it is a valid human response to be upset. That's the entirety of the point I'm trying to make, and no amount of "we are going to continue to suck [regardless of how you feel]" is going to change the validity of the point I'm making.

Quote:I'll see how the team looks with Blackmon, if the games don't improve much over these first 3, I'll just skip the 2nd half of the season.  Blow outs are boring

I guess I'm drunk on the Teal KoolAid because even though the team is horrible on both sides of the ball I feel compelled to watch the games (maybe its the money I've invested over the years in support of the franchise, maybe its pure loyalty) but I support the Jaguars.  I just wish they would get their heads out of the butts and play with some heart & pride.  I know they may not have the talent, but if you get two hands on a guy you should be able to do the most basic thing you learn as a child loving the game (wrap it up) make the tackle! 

Nothing upsets me more than them getting hands on a guy and not wrapping it up.