Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Americans are the most hopeful they have been in more than a decade

Quote:Man, that is some spin.   I don't know how you avoid getting dizzy.   A 2 year US Senator caused the great recession, and the President, who was in his 8th year in office, was blameless.

He didn't say he caused it, he said that he supported the policies that caused it. Its not the same thing.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Be interesting to see how hopeful people are in 4 years.

Quote:Be interesting to see how hopeful people are in 4 years.

For someone who doesn't even live here you portray a ton of negativity. Your holier than thou shtick is wearing thin.

Quote:For someone who doesn't even live here you portray a ton of negativity. Your holier than thou shtick is wearing thin.

I just think it will be interesting...

Chill out I'm sure he won't back down on any more promises...

Quote:For someone who doesn't even live here you portray a ton of negativity. Your holier than thou shtick is wearing thin.

Yeah, his sniffy little proclamations have become tiresome. He's a Brit who lives in Australia which conveniently allows him to deflect the negatives of each as that other place he's not associated with.

Quote:Yeah, his sniffy little proclamations have become tiresome. He's a Brit who lives in Australia which conveniently allows him to deflect the negatives of each as that other place he's not associated with.
Britain has an incredible social divide which makes social mobility as difficult as it is in the USA. Australia frankly is appalling to asylum seekers and have some very low quality politicians, but at least there's a better chance of social mobility which means that Trumpism probably won't arrive for a while.

No need to be touchy, I would happily discuss politics of either country but I doubt there's the interest/knowledge on this forum 

I'm a hell of a lot better off now than I was 8 years ago.

But Bloomberg didn't ask me.

Quote:I'm a hell of a lot better off now than I was 8 years ago.

But Bloomberg didn't ask me.

So am I but I don't tend to let Washington's politics dictate my progress.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:That's the problem with liberals like you. You all seem to think that the only people that have some kind of "burden" are blacks, Mexicans, Jews, gay people and Muslims. I'll share a little secret with you. Many whites have the same "burden."

I am a white liberal Christian with no romantic interest toward either gender and do not believe any race, sexual orientation, or religion is a bigger burden than mine. The burden is on illegal immigrants, who may or may not be any of these.

Illegal is illegal.  That's a self induced burden.

You break the law, you face the just consequences.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Illegal is illegal.  That's a self induced burden.

You break the law, you face the just consequences.

My point is there is no link between race, sexual orientation, or religion and being a self-induced burden. Why don't people understand this?