Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
[LIVE] ***Official Jaguars Vs. Panthers Preseason Game Night Thread***

Tonight, I want to see:
  • One of our QBs just look competent against panthers defensive starters.
  • The O-Line open holes for the RBs at least semi-consistently. 
  • The D-Line get pressure at least semi-consistently. 
  • A safety, LB, or NB break up a pass to the TE.  
  • Myles Jack make a play in the middle in the nickel package. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2017, 11:53 AM)diehardjagsfaninsocal Wrote: I have a news flash for u all.
Check down Chad.
Has been throwing bombs this preseason folks.
I mean bomb's.
The guys leads receivers
Throws a sweet sprial man.
Not many check downs at all 
Why?
Because guys are getting open. That's why.
When he was checking down every play its Because he was out of time waiting for guys to get open

One word- preseason.

Cam will not play much, its been said he's only going to get 8-10 reps. Also Curtis Samuel will be playing , but hes coming back from having serious hamstring issues and will probably not get many reps either.

I actually wanted both Robinson and Fournette , alot of us Panther fans thought we had a decent shot at Fournette until it became apparent the Jags were eyeing him as the draft got closer. Sucks that he can't play this game , do you guys think he will become the starter by the halfway point of the season?

Seems like the Panthers opted for speed and elusiveness instead this draft .

(08-24-2017, 01:50 PM)BlackJackPanther Wrote: Cam will not play much, its been said he's only going to get 8-10 reps. Also Curtis Samuel will be playing , but hes coming back from having serious hamstring issues and will probably not get many reps either.

I actually wanted both Robinson and Fournette , alot of us Panther fans thought we had a decent shot at Fournette until it became apparent the Jags were eyeing him as the draft got closer. Sucks that he can't play this game , do you guys think he will become the starter by the halfway point of the season?

Seems like the Panthers opted for speed and elusiveness instead this draft .

You got a pretty good consolation prize in McCaffery. I think he'll do very well for you. 

Fournette will probably be the starter week one, even if they list him as a co-starter with Ivory or call it a "committee" approach. He'll probably get 70% of the RB touches right away.

(08-24-2017, 01:03 PM)Panthers22 Wrote: Hi guys, best of luck In the regular season this year.  I know Bortles hasn't been what you guys envisioned but it's not the end of the world. Fournette should be a beast this year, I wanna see you guys take the AFC South and beat the Pats in the playoffs so we can see the first cats superbowl.  Big Grin Big Grin But in all seriousness best of luck on the upcoming year and here's to no injuries!  Smile

Best of luck to you and your team this year.  We appreciate the classy post.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Time for me to head to the stadium.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 03:54 PM by Brett.)

Anyone know of a way I can watch this game live? I really want to but I live in the Nashville area so it's not on local tv. And I know NFL Network is showing another game in it's place. No other options for me?

(08-24-2017, 03:52 PM)Brett Wrote: Anyone know of a way I can watch this game live? I really want to but I live in the Nashville area so it's not on local tv. And I know NFL Network is showing another game in it's place. No other options for me?

just google nfl reddit streams about 30 minutes before the game and multiple options will come up
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

The chances of Henne playing great against the first team? Not good. The chances of Bortles looking a lot better against the second: very good. The chances of a certain poster making a 'I want to gouge my eyes out the jags are so bad' thread immediately after the game: guaranteed.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(08-24-2017, 04:40 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: The chances of Henne playing great against the first team? Not good. The chances of Bortles looking a lot better against the second: very good. The chances of a certain poster making a 'I want to gouge my eyes out the jags are so bad' thread immediately after the game: guaranteed.

I can kind of already picture the post game articles being written in the event Henne does poorly and Bortles plays well.

Too little too late for Bortles who delivers in garbage time against mostly second string, Henne solid but not spectacular most of his in-completions the result of batted balls at the line beyond his control.
Go Jags!

(08-24-2017, 04:06 PM)realtorpat Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 03:52 PM)Brett Wrote: Anyone know of a way I can watch this game live? I really want to but I live in the Nashville area so it's not on local tv. And I know NFL Network is showing another game in it's place. No other options for me?

just google nfl reddit streams about 30 minutes before the game and multiple options will come up

Thanks man, I appreciate your response but in years past I have tried that and they are either awful feeds or have the potential for viruses...or both? No other options?

Just a friendly reminder.

The broadcast of the game is owned and copyrighted by the NFL.  We do not want to post or give advice publicly on the board that would violate that.  Anyone doing so could be subject to a warning and/or other consequences should that stuff be posted here.

That being said, Google is your friend.  realtorpat gave a clue, and that's where it should stay.  By no means will any link to a live feed be posted here.  If there is a link posted publicly on this board, the post will be deleted and the user given the proper warning.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 04:51 PM by Brett.)

(08-24-2017, 04:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Just a friendly reminder.

The broadcast of the game is owned and copyrighted by the NFL.  We do not want to post or give advice publicly on the board that would violate that.  Anyone doing so could be subject to a warning and/or other consequences should that stuff be posted here.

That being said, Google is your friend.  realtorpat gave a clue, and that's where it should stay.  By no means will any link to a live feed be posted here.  If there is a link posted publicly on this board, the post will be deleted and the user given the proper warning.

I apologize and accept responsibility for starting the questions on it. I didn't know those things so I won't bring anymore up about it. My apologies again.

(08-24-2017, 04:51 PM)Brett Wrote:

I apologize and accept responsibility for starting the questions on it. I didn't know those things so I won't bring anymore up about it. My apologies again.

No need for you to apologize.  You didn't do anything wrong.  Part of my job is to protect us (the people running this site) from possible lawsuits or worse.  There are ways to do what you asked, but the answer will not/can not be posted here.

As I said before, use google and perhaps use the advice given earlier by realtorpat as your starting point to find your answer.

(08-24-2017, 04:51 PM)Brett Wrote:

I try not to get too specific.  

on a completely unrelated note there is an extension for google chrome call Ublock origin that helps fight viruses.  Or you can spend about 20$ getting the materials to build a Pihole which you can plug into your router and update the DNS settings which will block most internet advertisements and viruses.  Or you can do both like I did.

www.pi-hole.net
Go Jags!

If you can't catch it live, you won't have to wait long for the replay, which will be broadcast on the NFLN at 10:00 PM CDT/11:00 PM EDT.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Not feeling very optimistic about this game, and it has nothing to do with Henne. Last year's 3rd preseason game against the Bengals left us dumbfounded, and was a reality gut punch. Not sure what has changed, after watching last week's game.

Everyone remember to wear your Henne Jersey!

I'm glad this is a message board. I wouldn't have been able to say that with a straight face. Does anyone even have a Henne jersey? Like, anyone?

(08-24-2017, 05:05 PM)Jags Wrote: Everyone remember to wear your Henne Jersey!

I'm glad this is a message board.  I wouldn't have been able to say that with a straight face.  Does anyone even have a Henne jersey? Like, anyone?

I do.  In fact I thought of wearing it on my costume tonight.

I got my case of beer ready for this one...

If Allen comes out and looks good again I'm going to be disgruntled.
No pain, no gain.