Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
[LIVE] ***Official Jaguars Vs. Panthers Preseason Game Night Thread***

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 12:15 AM by AmeliaFL.)

Hi, Jaguars fans!   Smile    Head Coach Doug Marrone was not pleased with the performance  to both Jaguars QB's Blake Bortles and Brandon Allen immediately after their 8-12 home loss to the Buccaneers last week, so Chad Henne gets to start through the first half against the visiting Carolina Panthers.

Jaguars are playing the Panthers for first time during the preseason in 11 years, since losing to Carolina at then-named Alltel Stadium by the score of 17-10, back on August 19, 2006, and finishing 3-1 that preseason.

Cam Newton reportedly is expected to make his preseason debut, starting at QB for the Panthers.   A Jacksonville win over Carfolina would also make their preseason record this year after three games at 2-1

Partly cloudy skies  at 78 degrees, feels like 82 degrees, is the gamecast on Thursday Night inside EverBank Field  for the 7:35PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 5% precipitation, 92% humidity, and south/southwestern winds at 4 miles per hour.

NO injuries as the players continue to both audition, and the coaching staff evaluate the current Jaguars team to cut for the final 53-man regular season roster, plus practice squad, and GO JAGUARS!!!!!   Wink Smile Cool Big Grin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Amelia, if you actually paid attention to the game last week you'd know there was nothing not to like about Brandon Allen's performance. Marrone was by no means displeased with it. It's just Marrone doesn't feel he's ready to be in the conversation just yet.

I'm thinking the offensive starters for this game will be...
  • QB Chad Henne
  • RB Chris Ivory
  • FB Marquez Williams
  • WR Allen Robinson
  • TE Marcedes Lewis
  • LT Cam Robinson
  • LG Luke Bowanko
  • C Brandon Linder
  • RG AJ Cann
  • RT Jermey Parnell
  • WR Allen Hurns

'02

Our step backwards in time to watch Chad "Check down" Henne command the 2017 Jaguars. What a time to be a fan of this team, drink up fellas. Going to be a long game.

Probably the most un-excited Ive been to watch a 3rd preseason game in many years. Chad Henne....Jesus I cant believe its come to this. My poor liver is gonna divorce me this year I just friggin know it.

We'll see what happens. Everybody keeps saying "Check Down" this and "Check Down" that. Look, i'll take that over a bonehead INT all day, any day. Smart football is good football. Let your special teams and defense win you games. Don't cost us games and pick your battles wisely. I think Henne can get it done as long as the ground game shows up. I am not saying he won't have his ups and downs. Because he will. That's why he's been a career back up.

But give him a chance. We've only won eleven games the last three years. Just keep that in mind for now on when you see Henne or Allen out there slinging the rock around. It's not like Bortles was some juggernaut or beast of a passer. His form is trash. His accuracy is trash. His decision making is trash. His confidence is trash. He's going to end up in the trash if he doesn't start digging his head out of his [BLEEP] tonight and next week.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

batted passes at LOS and timeouts as the playclock approaches zero.

If I watch, which I may or may not, depending on how bored I am, I'll probably just pay attention to the young guys. I have absolutely no faith in the QB situation, but I wanna see more of Keelan Cole and Dede Westbrook. I have no interest in watching Chad Henne, so I'll probably tune into the 2nd half.

Was this Coughlin's idea of winning lunch? Trotting out Chad Henne at QB? Looks like a tank job to me. We have been sold a bill of goods by this franchise once again. We deserve so much better.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(08-24-2017, 06:38 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We'll see what happens. Everybody keeps saying "Check Down" this and "Check Down" that. Look, i'll take that over a bonehead INT all day, any day. Smart football is good football. Let your special teams and defense win you games. Don't cost us games and pick your battles wisely. I think Henne can get it done as long as the ground game shows up. I am not saying he won't have his ups and downs. Because he will. That's why he's been a career back up.

But give him a chance. We've only won eleven games the last three years. Just keep that in mind for now on when you see Henne or Allen out there slinging the rock around. It's not like Bortles was some juggernaut or beast of a passer. His form is trash. His accuracy is trash. His decision making is trash. His confidence is trash. He's going to end up in the trash if he doesn't start digging his head out of his [BLEEP] tonight and next week.

I can't believe you used the term "smart football" to describe Chad Henne, the guy does check downs most of the time and still manages to throw a lot of INT's, he has more INT's then TD's for **** sake I have no idea why people are more confident to see Henne out there then Bortles? I guess it is because the last time Henne hurt us was a lot father away then Bortles.

In the end they are both really bad and there is no one else to blame other then our FO. Get ready for a long and disappointing season with Henne or Bortles unless Bortles comes out of no where and picks up some confidence and turns some of that potential into skill. 

God I have never been so unmotivated or unexcited for the season to start. Jags football is really starting to take a toll.

(08-24-2017, 05:22 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Amelia, if you actually paid attention to the game last week you'd know there was nothing not to like about Brandon Allen's performance. Marrone was by no means displeased with it. It's just Marrone doesn't feel he's ready to be in the conversation just yet.

I'm thinking the offensive starters for this game will be...
  • QB Chad Henne
  • RB Chris Ivory
  • FB Marquez Williams
  • WR Allen Robinson
  • TE Marcedes Lewis
  • LT Cam Robinson
  • LG Luke Bowanko
  • C Brandon Linder
  • RG AJ Cann
  • RT Jermey Parnell
  • WR Allen Hurns

I'm guessing you're not buying the "shop Hurns" thing?

Either way... I'd like to see Westbrook get some time with the 1s. Dude was a first round talent with some personal issues...
We could end up with a steal....

ya know... if like one of the QBs can get him the ball that is

So much whining!

So many people pretending not to care - but taking the time to assure us they don't care. And pretending they won't watch. Right.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

For anyone who cares, the game will be re-broadcast on NFL Network tonight at 11pm and tomorrow at 4pm

(08-24-2017, 08:46 AM)Jerrad Wrote: Was this Coughlin's idea of winning lunch? Trotting out Chad Henne at QB? Looks like a tank job to me. We have been sold a bill of goods by this franchise once again. We deserve so much better.

I wouldn't worry about that.  Coughlin wants to win and believes in the running game balance.  I was so surprised when he went RB in round 1.  Shocking...  not really.  We are so team groundhog.  Every season we wake up with I've got you babe playing while the goof ball sports guys yuck it up about our team and the future.  Then we blow soft schedules, free agency and drafts.

Back to the future.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I have a news flash for u all.
Check down Chad.
Has been throwing bombs this preseason folks.
I mean bomb's.
The guys leads receivers
Throws a sweet sprial man.
Not many check downs at all 
Why?
Because guys are getting open. That's why.
When he was checking down every play its Because he was out of time waiting for guys to get open

For those attending. I would recommend leaving early. I think Main St. bridge is scheduled for closure this evening Wallbash . Traffic last week for us was hell getting there.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-24-2017, 12:06 PM)Jagwired Wrote: For those attending. I would recommend leaving early. I think Main St. bridge is scheduled for closure this evening Wallbash . Traffic last week for us was hell getting there.

I thought the Main Street bridge  closing didn't begin until Friday - at 6:30 pm.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Hi guys, best of luck In the regular season this year.  I know Bortles hasn't been what you guys envisioned but it's not the end of the world. Fournette should be a beast this year, I wanna see you guys take the AFC South and beat the Pats in the playoffs so we can see the first cats superbowl.  Big Grin Big Grin But in all seriousness best of luck on the upcoming year and here's to no injuries!  Smile

Thumbs Up 

(08-24-2017, 01:03 PM)Panthers22 Wrote: Hi guys, best of luck In the regular season this year.  I know Bortles hasn't been what you guys envisioned but it's not the end of the world. Fournette should be a beast this year, I wanna see you guys take the AFC South and beat the Pats in the playoffs so we can see the first cats superbowl.  Big Grin Big Grin But in all seriousness best of luck on the upcoming year and here's to no injuries!  Smile

Back at ya'!

(08-24-2017, 12:46 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: I thought the Main Street bridge  closing didn't begin until Friday - at 6:30 pm.

I'm not positive . The better half told me she received an email from some traffic app she has when I inquired as to where she saw that info. Just for what it's worth.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Today is the day Chad Henne reminds us all who he is. Today is the day Bortles comes back to life.

...I really hope.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine