Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Imagine if this team had a consistently average QB

(10-08-2017, 07:32 PM)Scarecrow Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 07:30 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: So we want to criticize somebody without their best receiver and the other receivers are pedestrians at best. If Blake goes to the playoffs and barring a meltdown in the playoffs he will be here next year so some of y'all get over it.

No offense but your overbearing love for Bortles makes it hard to consider your opinions on him seriously.

This team could go far with better play at the QB position.  He could use a better weapon at TE and I think George Kittle would have been here had he made it a few more picks in the 5th round last year.  However you spin it Blake better not be the starting QB here next season.

(10-08-2017, 07:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm watching Aaron Rodgers whoop up on the Cowboys. Just imagine if we had a QB like him (dreamy sigh).

We would walk away with this division with Rodgers at QB.

Tis' but a dream.
No offense to you my man but y'all petulant hate for Blake Bortles is the reason why some of y'all can't be taken seriously as well. Yes the QB play can be better but to act like he has a ton of help around him besides the running back is crazy to me. Oh yeah the guy who says if we had Aaron Rodgers on our team 30 other teams saying the same thing so don't say something that's so obvious.
[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I had no idea Blake Bortles had a such a large extended family posting on this board.

(10-08-2017, 07:05 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: Here's to hoping we can find his replacement next year and he can move on to another team.  Maybe he will find success elsewhere and I certainly hope he does.

Alex Smith anyone?

We would be a super bowl team with Alex Smith and Arob back.

Team wins, BB5 still gets bashed. Classic Jags board. Laughing

Damn, I thought it was their QB that tossed all the picks. Confused
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 08:07 PM by Scarecrow.)

(10-08-2017, 07:38 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 07:32 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: No offense but your overbearing love for Bortles makes it hard to consider your opinions on him seriously.

This team could go far with better play at the QB position.  He could use a better weapon at TE and I think George Kittle would have been here had he made it a few more picks in the 5th round last year.  However you spin it Blake better not be the starting QB here next season.

We would walk away with this division with Rodgers at QB.

Tis' but a dream.
No offense to you my man but y'all petulant hate for Blake Bortles is the reason why some of y'all can't be taken seriously as well. Yes the QB play can be better but to act like he has a ton of help around him besides the running back is crazy to me. Oh yeah the guy who says if we had Aaron Rodgers on our team 30 other teams saying the same thing so don't say something that's so obvious.

I don't hate Bortles.

At the same time I'm not going to pretend he's the one for us at QB either. 

I know we can't have Rodgers.  We don't need Rodgers level QB play but we do need more than what we are getting currently.

(10-08-2017, 08:04 PM)Scarecrow Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 07:38 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: No offense to you my man but y'all petulant hate for Blake Bortles is the reason why some of y'all can't be taken seriously as well. Yes the QB play can be better but to act like he has a ton of help around him besides the running back is crazy to me. Oh yeah the guy who says if we had Aaron Rodgers on our team 30 other teams saying the same thing so don't say something that's so obvious.

I don't hate Bortles.

I know we can't have Rodgers.  We don't need Rodgers level QB play but we do need more than what we are getting currently.
Honest question: how many people have you seen say Blake is the QB this team needs?

It’s a consensus that Blake will be gone next year and 2 new QBs will be brought in. Blake is clearly not the answer but no need to bash him today. He didn’t need to throw so they didn’t.

(10-08-2017, 08:08 PM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 08:04 PM)Scarecrow Wrote: I don't hate Bortles.

Honest question: how many people have you seen say Blake is the QB this team needs?

It’s a consensus that Blake will be gone next year and 2 new QBs will be brought in. Blake is clearly not the answer but no need to bash him today. He didn’t need to throw so they didn’t.

Probably only Spacecoast and that guy.  

I'm not intending to bash him.  I'm just posting in the threat on the topic.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 08:17 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Lets focus on this year first and worry about the qb come March. Last time I checked we are on top the division.

There is legit like 8 qbs in the draft and like 8 free agent next year. I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in a Drew Brees and a Luke Faulk or Rudolph. But right now is not the time to talk about that. We are playing meaningful football in October. First time that has happened in quite sometime. Lets enjoy it.

I think this every game this season but winning is nice. Can we really expect the defense to win? That seemed to be the Jets plan last week.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I get the overall point if this thread, but today, I choose to celebrate the running game domination.

Maybe two passes in the 2nd half...14 passes total? 18 straight running plays to close out the game?

That is [BLEEP] kicking...plain and simple.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm trying to think how Garrard would do on this team. 2007 season?

But then again, there are some things Bortles does better than Garrard did in his days.

Garrard is 10 times better than Bortles.

(10-08-2017, 09:19 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Garrard is 10 times better than Bortles.
10 times?  
Garrard wasn't particularly good at throwing on the run, or throwing receivers open, and never really did complete any deep balls.   He also wasn't as good as Bortles at improvising and extending plays.  He also had a rep of "playing it safe" and being captain check down.  Didn't throw many touchdowns. There's a reason they tried to replace him with Gabbert.   
He's one of my favorite all time Jaguars, but he had his issues.  He wasn't our Peyton Manning.

Garrard could improvise...come on now.

Maybe not 10 times...but he could improvise.

(10-08-2017, 10:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Garrard could improvise...come on now.

Garrard would mostly run when the play broke down.  Bortles gets compared to Roethlisberger because he's been know to instinctively throw the ball pretty much anywhere on the field well after the play is broke down.  That wasn't really Garrard's thing.

I think this is at least part of the reason Caldwell keeps insisting Bortles has a lot of potential.

(10-08-2017, 09:19 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Garrard is 10 times better than Bortles.

(10-08-2017, 10:00 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Garrard could improvise...come on now.

My man you're moving the field goal post to make your argument so is Garrard 10 times better or just better than Blake? lol. You can't make a argument and then flip flop at the drop of a dime so i suggest take a position and be strong in your convictions.
[Image: giphy.gif]

I am coming to the realization that Bortles isn't right for this team....but I get the feeling that if he goes to some place like Arizona or New Orleans, he's going to end up playing like a different QB than he did here. Hell, Brees threw just as many picks during his time in SD as Bortles did. Excluding his rookie year, which he didn't even see the field, he threw 53 INTs. SD felt that was too many and let him walk.

And before someone says it, yes, I have a right to compare them - nobody thought Brees was going to win a super bowl with NO and be an eventual HoFer.

Some players are late bloomers that require going to another team, usually to someone who can fix whatever issues they had during their time with their previous team. If you think Bruce Arians can't fix Bortles' mechanics, then you really don't understand why Carson Palmer has played better in Arizona than in any other cities he's played for.

(10-08-2017, 06:45 PM)BklynJag Wrote: Dare I say we could be 5-0. With this defense, we would run away with this division. Blake is holding this team back.

As I was watching Deshaun Watson last night I was just imagining what the Jags would be doing with that guy. I just hope we don't end up like they did for years with a great defense and no passing game.

DG was also reasonably accurate. With Bortles its poor accuracy; too frequently he can't even hit on the easy throws.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We all know (well almost) that Blake isn’t the answer, however I’m glad he’s still brave out there, when he gets the legs moving and dives head first to get a 1st down, I’ll take that.

"Imagine if this team had a consistently average QB."

Well, I guess we wouldn't be running the ball EIGHTEEN STRAIGHT TIMES. Geez! That was some stone-age football.

Did you hear? They've invented this thing called "the forward pass." Eighteen straight running plays! And they couldn't stop it! That is so funny. You have to love that.