Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rams Comin to Town

No blitzes please. Gotta stop Gurley and be disciplined in pass coverage. Now that I think about it, with such a potent offense it will be a chess match on defense. We will need to guess correctly on defense alot

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Rams will win. Gurley might run for 200 plus against us.

23 - 20 Rams

(10-10-2017, 08:38 AM)Frailbones Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 08:07 AM)BklynJag Wrote: We only blitzed once against the Steelers. I would expect that to change. Goff gets rattled very easily and if we can get to him early, we can force mistakes.
That's the old Goff.

If it weren't for a dropped TD pass to Kupp, Goff would have led the Rams to a game winning TD against Seattle.

Now the blueprint Seattle used is probably the one the Jags will use too. Seahawks played very disciplined most of the game against the Rams and the Jags will need to do the same. McVay will probably try to get Gurley back on track this game so let's bottle him up like we did Bell.

The problem here is that we didn't really bottle up Bell. They just stopped running him (foolishly.)

I think the squealers could have kept it much closer had they stuck to the run a bit more. 

I doubt the Rams make the same mistake.

(10-10-2017, 09:24 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: I wouldn't overlook the fact that we traveled to London and back the week before the Jets game as a reason for playing a little flat and getting beat combined with the Jets actually playing better than anyone expected.

I said before the Jets game I needed to see a win against them and a strong showing against Pittsburgh (not necessarily a win) to feel like the team was going to come into games prepared consistently which is not something we've seen in a long time. In retrospect I'm not sure I'm willing to read so much into the loss against the Jets just yet. This game against a better than average Rams team will be very telling. If we are able to get the win I don't think 10 or 11 wins for the season and a division crown is that far out of reach especially with Houston apparently in shambles, Luck's mysterious injury and how injury prone Mariota has proven to be.

I have no doubt the NFL schedule makers screwed up by giving us an away game after the one in London. The Ravens did not benefit from playing at home because they suck and it was against the Steelers. A home game in Week 4 would have helped us.

Andrew Luck's injury is not a mystery at all. He has always been week to week since preseason. There was never a timeline for his recovery and football readiness. The Texans don't really appear to be in shambles yet. They can still win without J.J. Watt as Deshaun Watson continues to improve, but it will be harder without Whitney Mercilus either. As for Marcus Mariota, if he can stay healthy after recovering from his latest injury we still have to worry about the Titans.

Jags win BIG. 42-10.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017, 08:34 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Jack looks back at college matchups against Goff

Quote:Jaguars starting strong-side linebacker Myles Jack has a history with Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff.

The two faced off during Jack's freshman and sophomore years in college. The defender was impressed by the young quarterback at the time.

"[Goff is] the real deal," Jack said. "[He's] a really talented guy."

Jack's UCLA Bruins blew out Goff's California Bears, 37-10, in their first meeting. In the second matchup, the Bruins won again, but the game was much closer at 36-34.

In both games, Goff made plays with little talent around him. Jack saw how Goff put Cal on his back in those contests.

"The talent around him at Cal was terrible, but [he] literally carried the team by himself," Jack said. "I'm glad he's really shown what he can do this year because he's very capable of [playing well]."

The two will meet for the first time in three years on Sunday. Goff has significantly more weapons these days.

The quarterback has wide receivers Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins and running back Todd Gurley to lean on in Los Angeles.

Jack will look to stop Goff from carrying the Rams to victory. He is hoping history repeats itself with his third-straight win over the quarterback.

Rams finna get smoked

38-13

We have two things against us.

1. We won last game and have a real problem getting two in a row.
2. We are playing at home. We seem to do much better on the road. (and yes I consider London on the road).

I really hope they can do it this week.

We are due to start a winning streak. Let's do it now.

I think Rams will pull this one out. I feel the Jags are not there yet, and can't pull off consecutive wins, but they may in the 2nd half of the season. Unless Bortles has a terrific game again, this will be a slugfest and a heartbreaker for us.

But look on the bright side, I don't think we have been under .500 this year yet. Baby steps

(10-11-2017, 10:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: We are due to start a winning streak. Let's do it now.

We can't do it "now". The Jacksonville jaguars do not play until Sunday. Any real jaguars fan would know that.

I hate to say it but I see this game playing out similarly to the tacks game. Our D will keep it close into the 3rd quarter but wear down when the offense doesn't get anything going consistently. The Rams will sell out to stop Fournette and Ivory. They hit a couple of big plays late and the final score is something like 27-13. Sad
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 07:23 AM by The Real Marty.)

It's funny. We beat the Steelers, and Monday and Tuesday, everyone's all brimming with confidence, and when Thursday gets here, all the confidence ebbs away and lots of people are predicting a loss.

I admit I'm the same way, although I think we will prooooobably win. But I wouldn't be surprised if we laid an egg.

Reading up on the Rams, and reading their message boards, they're pretty much like us. A young team on the rise, with a history of losing, and the fans are cautiously optimistic.

I think if we stop Todd Gurley, we win. Also, if the Rams sell out to stop Fournette, we have to be willing to throw the ball and back them off.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 07:59 AM by Caldrac.)

Last prediction for the game:

Jaguars - 27
Rams - 17

I see Jalen Ramsey getting a pick six at some point in the 2nd quarter. I think Goff will challenge him and he's going to pay for it. I think the run defense continues to show it can handle the ground game like it did against Bell last Sunday by holding Gurley to less than 90 yards on the ground for the day. Ngakoue will force a fumble in the second half which leads to a quick TD pass from Bortles to Koyack on a fake run which all but seals the game.

Bortles will have ZERO turnovers and toss two TD's in this one inside the red zone. Fournette will crack 100 total yards between the ground and air and score another TD. Myers is perfect on the day and contributes six points in FG attempts. The defense they have isn't really all that great. They're blitz happy and rarely hit home. They're probably one of the worst if not the worst defense in the NFL right now when it comes to blitz/success percentage wise.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ms-offense

I hope this continues.

Watkins was one of the few guys to actually beat Ramsey deep.

If we make the Rams earn their yardage, as opposed to surrendering big chunks of yards, we increase the chance of turnovers and keep the game lower scoring.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-12-2017, 06:39 AM)Pdiddy Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 10:52 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: We are due to start a winning streak. Let's do it now.

We can't do it "now." The Jacksonville Jaguars do not play until Sunday. Any real Jaguars fan would know that.

What we can do now is get ready to win Sunday. This is the second day of practice, right?

(10-12-2017, 07:54 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The defense they have isn't really all that great. They're blitz happy and rarely hit home. They're probably one of the worst if not the worst defense in the NFL right now when it comes to blitz/success percentage wise.

How does being blitz happy make them a bad defense?

Even without Andrew Luck, the Colts could have scored more than nine points against a bad defense. Aaron Donald did not play in that game.

The Seahawks scored only 16 points against the Rams.

(10-12-2017, 10:11 AM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:54 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The defense they have isn't really all that great. They're blitz happy and rarely hit home. They're probably one of the worst if not the worst defense in the NFL right now when it comes to blitz/success percentage wise.

How does being blitz happy make them a bad defense?

Even without Andrew Luck, the Colts could have scored more than nine points against a bad defense. Aaron Donald did not play in that game.

The Seahawks scored only 16 points against the Rams.

The Seahawks offense isn't good.
They scored 16 or less in 3 games.
Scored 27 in a loss to the tacks
and dropped a big ol number on the sorry clots

(10-12-2017, 07:12 AM)hb1148 Wrote: I hate to say it but I see this game playing out similarly to the tacks game. Our D will keep it close into the 3rd quarter but wear down when the offense doesn't get anything going consistently. The Rams will sell out to stop Fournette and Ivory. They hit a couple of big plays late and the final score is something like 27-13.  Sad
Newsflash: Everyone does this.

Seahawks did a good job of containing Gurley so I imagine the Jags will try to take a similar approach. Colvin vs Kupp will be a key matchup as will Telvin vs Gurley on 3rd down. The Rams Oline is improved so that will be a good test for our pass rushers.

Rams have Donald who is an absolute monster so they gotta do their best against him.

As with every Jags game this season, I have no clue what will happen because this team is up and down but winning in Pitt the way they did could spark something.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 05:46 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Rams fans are not saying much about our game. The only offensive player they are most concerned about is Leonard Fournette.

Quote:I hate to say it, but after K.C., Denver, and New England, Baltimore, and Jacksonville are the teams to beat in the AFC. I’m on the fence on this one, but I think Jacksonville’s defense is almost as good as Seattle’s this year. And Fournette is playing lights out. So far we’ve been unable to stop the run this season and I think he’s the best back we have seen so far. It’s an away game so if I had to guess i’d say 23-20 for the home team.

I hope I am wrong.

Quote:Stopping Fournette is gonna be tough.

http://www.laramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?...dbcdb3cc20