Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rams Comin to Town

So thoughts about this game? Honestly I feel like with our alternating wins and losses you can throw away your predictions but here goes. 

I honestly think this will be a slugfest; the Rams will sell out to stop Fournette knowing that Bortles is most likely not going to have another Ravens like performance. On the other hand our defense seems like it's the real deal. I feel like it will be a 17-14 type game. Let's hope it's the Jags with the winning FG

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think we will have to pass the ball to force them to back off of the line of scrimmage. I would call a pass play on the very first play, because I know they think we will insist on running the ball. We cannot win without at least the threat of a pass. I would also run more play-action passes, because the Rams will be selling out to stop Fournette.

At home? An actual home game? My mind is telling me we lose. My fandom and heart want us to win though, and I think if Blake can just make some routine throws and not be a bonehead... We can win this game.

(10-10-2017, 07:43 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: At home? An actual home game?  My mind is telling me we lose. My fandom and heart want us to win though, and I think if Blake can just make some routine throws and not be a bonehead... We can win this game.

how many bone head throws he made this year?
[Image: giphy.gif]

If we are to win this game our D has to keep them to under 24 points. Actually that might be true for EVERY game Big Grin
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

We only blitzed once against the Steelers. I would expect that to change. Goff gets rattled very easily and if we can get to him early, we can force mistakes.

They stop the run, they win.

Pretty simple.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I feel good about this game. The Jags overall, especially the defense, are on a tidal wave of momentum leaving Pittsburgh, and are playing a fairly inexperienced QB.

(10-10-2017, 08:07 AM)BklynJag Wrote: We only blitzed once against the Steelers. I would expect that to change. Goff gets rattled very easily and if we can get to him early, we can force mistakes.
That's the old Goff.

If it weren't for a dropped TD pass to Kupp, Goff would have led the Rams to a game winning TD against Seattle.

Now the blueprint Seattle used is probably the one the Jags will use too. Seahawks played very disciplined most of the game against the Rams and the Jags will need to do the same. McVay will probably try to get Gurley back on track this game so let's bottle him up like we did Bell.

We need to stop their running threat of Gurley just as much as they do with us and Fournette.

If we stop their run game we should do okay and it should make good viewing.

Only thing that worries me is that we can't seem to get back to back wins, if we win this it puts us in a great position with the Titans & Colts playing each other. Sadly Texans have an easy game though.

I wouldn't overlook the fact that we traveled to London and back the week before the Jets game as a reason for playing a little flat and getting beat combined with the Jets actually playing better than anyone expected.

I said before the Jets game I needed to see a win against them and a strong showing against Pittsburgh (not necessarily a win) to feel like the team was going to come into games prepared consistently which is not something we've seen in a long time. In retrospect I'm not sure I'm willing to read so much into the loss against the Jets just yet. This game against a better than average Rams team will be very telling. If we are able to get the win I don't think 10 or 11 wins for the season and a division crown is that far out of reach especially with Houston apparently in shambles, Luck's mysterious injury and how injury prone Mariota has proven to be.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 09:30 AM by Caldrac.)

I think with our defense anything is possible. And I think with our offensive line play anything can happen offensively. It's just up to Bortles to get the ball to where it needs to be and it's up to the receivers to create separation. Right now this team misses Allen Robinson BIG TIME.

Honestly I know a lot of people don't care for what the National Media has to say about lil' ol' us here in Jacksonville. But to hell with that. I do care. And I am tired of [BLEEP] hats like Heath Evans downplaying our defense. He [BLEEP] on everything we've done while glossing over the fact that we went from London, to New York and then Pittsburgh and managed to pull out two big wins.

All these pundits keep saying that Baltimore and Pittsburgh weren't supposed to lose to us. Okay, well then why did they really lose? We can't just be that lucky this year. I am seeing PLAYMAKERS. Not lucky plays.

Even if those teams are "struggling" a dominate defense is supposed to dominate. And that's exactly what they've been doing since the opening game this year. I would love to see us destroy the Rams at home this weekend. Marrone knows this team needs to play better at home. And I hope it starts this Sunday.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-10-2017, 08:29 AM)Rico Wrote: They stop the run, they win.

Pretty simple.

Pretty much. 

We need to block Donald.

Well.... as the season has gone....
Bortles will have a decent game
and we'll lose

Rams 28
Jaguars 27

Myers misses a possible game winning FG as time expires

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 10:45 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-10-2017, 07:59 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: If we are to win this game our D has to keep them to under 24 points. Actually that might be true for EVERY game Big Grin

Where did you get the number 24 from? The Jets scored 23 points. We need to keep the Rams under three TDs.

(10-10-2017, 08:07 AM)BklynJag Wrote: We only blitzed once against the Steelers. I would expect that to change. Goff gets rattled very easily and if we can get to him early, we can force mistakes.

Jared Goff is not the best player on offense. If we blitz to rattle him, Todd Gurley will run wild all day long.

I had a bad feeling against the titans and jets. Felt great about the stillers and ratbirds. I feel good against the lambs. I really feel that this is the turning point of all these years of dispar. This is where we make that stride and run off the next 4-5. Its happening boys. You can see it

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 11:22 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

(10-10-2017, 10:51 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I had a bad feeling against the Titans and Jets. Felt great about the Stillers and Ratbirds. I feel good against the Lambs. I really feel that this is the turning point of all these years of despair. This is where we make that stride and run off the next 4-5. It's happening boys. You can see it.

You can see it in your dreams. In reality we are not built to win 4-5 consecutive games. I am optimistic about our chances of finally putting wins together with Doug Marrone, but we already have shown perceived cupcakes can beat us.

We don't need to blitz if we can get pressure with our front 4

Pretty simple.

I'm on board with Rico.  Stop Gurley and they win.  

(10-10-2017, 10:21 AM)BklynJag Wrote:

Pretty simple.

We need to block Donald.

Riveting thought there.   Big Grin

I think we win this one. I said that the Jets loss would spark a winning streak until the Bye, and that's what I'm sticking to.

We'd be 4-1 if not for a freak running play, or a missed FG, or a stupid holding call away from the TD, or a drop inside FG range....

The list goes on and on. The Jets are proving they're no pushover, and we should've beaten them 4 or 5 different ways after a taxing trip back from London.

We're a good team. We got this.