Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How's this for RESPECT? (vice sports merged threads)

(10-24-2017, 09:08 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: At this point we'd be better off with a wild card so we can play on the road lol

IIRC, one of the Giants Superbowl runs was a year in which they won more road games than home games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think the entire team knows the bungles game is a must win......and that they'll deliver.
Can't wait!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

They need to show that they can dominate at home, not just on the road.

On to the bye week.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(10-24-2017, 02:02 AM)Eric1 Wrote: This team has yet to prove they can win back to back games. They play good one week, then play like complete dog [BLEEP] the next week. It has been a trend all season and I don't know if it'll change honestly. I hope it does though.

They've consistently seemed to have a great game plan one week, then act like they've never called a single game in their entire life the next week.

People need to chill on the playoff talk LOL. Especially the stupid Super Bowl talk.

(10-24-2017, 12:17 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Outside of Blake Bortles and our run defense, our team has played extremely well, super bowl level well.. So I can see us getting there if Blake finally gets his act together... Or the run D figures it out. We can survive one or the other, but I think we would be a hard pick to win it all with a bad run defense AND a crummy QB.

Get the [BLEEP] over the Bortles hate and blame game. He has yet to cost us a single game this season. Penalties lost us the game vs the tacks. A couple missed run fits by the Defense cost us vs the Jets and Special Teams cost us vs the Rams.

You guys need to start watching more NFL football, because QB play league wide is god awful. Bortles isn't good, but he's not losing games for this team. No matter how badly you guys want to blame him.

Eric: What if we had played against the Rams and Jets before the Ravens, then the Steelers and Colts in consecutive weeks? The win-loss pattern seems to be a schedule fluke.

It is not too early to talk about being legitimate playoff contenders if we stick with the division title stuff. We are 2-1 in the division, with both wins being blowouts, and everyone has been made aware our defense is elite. I agree 100% Super Bowl talk in 2017 is stupid.

JFS: Nobody is saying we will win it all. You obviously never watched the 2016 Broncos, who had the #26 ranked run defense with players who had just received Super Bowl rings.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 01:44 PM by atburg.)

(10-24-2017, 01:47 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I've been saying we got a Super Bowl defense and run game. But...that QB we got is so up and down.

Look at the bright side, if he can have 6 average to good games out of 9----

-------

--------

PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

(10-24-2017, 02:02 AM)Eric1 Wrote: This team has yet to prove they can win back to back games. They play good one week, then play like complete dog [BLEEP] the next week. It has been a trend all season and I don't know if it'll change honestly. I hope it does though.

They've consistently seemed to have a great game plan one week, then act like they've never called a single game in their entire life the next week.

People need to chill on the playoff talk lol. Especially the stupid super bowl talk.

(10-24-2017, 12:17 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Outside of Blake Bortles and our run defense, our team has played extremely well, super bowl level well.. So I can see us getting there if Blake finally gets his act together... Or the run D figures it out. We can survive one or the other, but I think we would be a hard pick to win it all with a bad run defense AND a crummy QB.

Get the [BLEEP] over the Bortles hate and blame game. He has yet to cost us a single game this season. Penalties lost us the game vs the tacks. A couple missed run fits by the Defense cost us vs the Jets and Special Teams cost us vs the Rams.

You guys need to start watching more NFL football, because QB play league wide is god awful. Bortles isn't good, but he's not losing games for this team. No matter how badly you guys want to blame him.

Whoa. Settle down there chap. You can't tell me 22 TDs and 11 Picks in 16 games in today's NFL is desirable. His sub 60% completion percentage is bad too. He may not be "losing" us games rn, but he certainly doesn't win us many either. You can settle for an average QB who has a good/decent game out of every 3 or 4 outings, but I would prefer a better option. You can't point to any other 2 spots on the team right now that are weaker than the passing game and run defense. So....

More on Bortles.

36th in the league in completion percentage.
T-16th in passing TDs (9)
10th in interceptions (5)
28th in yards/game (199.7)
22nd in YPA (7.1)
22nd and QB rating per NFL.com

This is removing players with less than 40 attempts(backups, fake punt passes/relief QBs, etc.)

His highest statistical category is the worst area to be the highest, turnovers. To his credit, he has had a couple really good games this year, but it does not remove the fact that he has some pretty underwhelming games on average.

So the argument of "God Awful QB play" around the league, is irrelevant. There are plenty better than what we have, and in every category Blake is bottom half or worse in the league. Surely we could do better than that.

I still think this team is playing really well right now, and has a real shot at making noise this year deep into the playoffs. We simply have to fix some of the kinks in the run game and Blake needs to be more consistent in his play. Didn't realize this accurate analysis was rage inducing, but.. I guess.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 07:21 AM by Teal Time Radio.)

Negative on Playoff talk. We can't win at home. We have a inconsistent QB. No receivers who really step game up. And no idea how Fournette will come back after injury.

And why our Defense has been a treat to watch. We are not one of the best ever. Nor should be in that conversation.

At this point if made playoffs be one and done. Due to not only have no receivers also have no TE that is a legit receiving threat. Lewis had one really good game. Then disappeared.

Now could West Brook change things? Of course. But even took Blackmon a while to adjust to NFL as well as Robinson.

And the first year all three receivers were injured during course of year.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 11:16 PM by Eric1.)

(10-24-2017, 11:17 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

People need to chill on the playoff talk lol. Especially the stupid super bowl talk.

Whoa. Settle down there chap. You can't tell me 22 TDs and 11 Picks in 16 games in today's NFL is desirable. His sub 60% completion percentage is bad too. He may not be "losing" us games rn, but he certainly doesn't win us many either. You can settle for an average QB who has a good/decent game out of every 3 or 4 outings, but I would prefer a better option. You can't point to any other 2 spots on the team right now that are weaker than the passing game and run defense. So....

Where did I say it was desirable? Where did I say I'm settling for average QB play? I'm looking at the big picture here. This is what we have this season at the QB position. Most of us agree Bortles isn't that good. I'm sure most of us agree we'll see new QBs next year and not Bortles.

What's getting old is people looking for any tiny reason to blame Bortles for everything. Regardless of if he's on the field or not. At the end of the day, the one thing you don't want any QB to do is cost his team games. He isn't doing that.

Love how every article is "defense is elite, Bortles is terrible" it's true but no one can make an article praising the Jags without taking a few jabs.

Also... "the league is terrible, the division is terrible" are excuses for why the Jags are good... and it doesn't quite make sense.

To be fair, the perception on Bortles won't change until he plays consistently, which is fair. Also, while the term "terrible" is an hyperbole the writers are on to something, there isn't a dominant team in football this year, there is a lot of parity. As funny as it sounds, the Jaguars are probably the most dominant team in football given the strength of its defense and offensive line, if we had a get consistently good QB from Blake we'd easily be considered a SB contender nation-wide.

Remember this commercial?

https://youtu.be/jdUr5hF0yGc

(10-24-2017, 05:46 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: There’s a past due debt still hanging around that needs to be repaid........the Jags’ 1999 season, when they were 14-0 against the rest of the league..........and 0-3 against the Titans.

So very true. The balance of nature won't be restored until we can knock the tacks out of the playoffs. Extra points for beating them in an AFC Championship game.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I don't think the league is "average" I just think that with today's athletes, training, game preparation and technology, it makes it more rounded. Hell Joe Namath (who I think was highly overrated but NFL experts love) would drink all the time and the night before games and he won a Super Bowl. That would be like Manziel going back in time, he'd set the league on fire because he would be the best player on the field. Enough rambling for me though. We need to focus on putting consecutive wins together and winning the division. We need Fournette and Cam to get healthy and we need to think about Yeldon getting more snaps over Ivory. I think our run D will be fine. Two big runs from the jets, Bortles turning the ball over multiple times and then facing Todd Gurley, who is playing better than anyone right now, skewed our numbers a bit. Bell fussed about not getting the ba enough against us and maybe he was right but we had shut him down the majority of his touches anyway. We need to open the play book up a tad more IMO. Fournette is a beast but everyone knows we are running on first and second down 95% of the time. Let him catch some more passes out of the backfield and don't run him into the ground before December. I doubt we are legit Super Bowl contenders this year but the needle is pointing up and it's exciting to see. That's more than we have had for a long time. Let's sit back and enjoy the show
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(10-27-2017, 04:57 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 05:46 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote: There’s a past due debt still hanging around that needs to be repaid........the Jags’ 1999 season, when they were 14-0 against the rest of the league..........and 0-3 against the Titans.

So very true. The balance of nature won't be restored until we can knock the tacks out of the playoffs. Extra points for beating them in an AFC Championship game.

I will not count it as repaid until we get to the Super Bowl.

(10-27-2017, 05:38 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote:
(10-27-2017, 04:57 PM)hb1148 Wrote: So very true. The balance of nature won't be restored until we can knock the tacks out of the playoffs. Extra points for beating them in an AFC Championship game.

I will not count it as repaid until we get to the Super Bowl.

Fair enough.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

i wouldn't be talking about jags in the super bowl yet. team is a long way from that. this jags team will probbley lose to the winless cleland browns. they already lost to a winless team once this year,and it was in jacksonville. they lost to 0-1 tittians. put sper bowl talk on hold until team is in playoffs for sure.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

The national narrative about Blake Bortles is pretty skewed. When given time and a chance to run the offense he's looked pretty good most of the time. Not great but not as awful as the media seems to think. He had a dismal preseason and that seems to be what put him in the dog house. Last year was a completely different team and scheme.
No pain, no gain.