Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How's this for RESPECT? (vice sports merged threads)

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/43...cesportsfb

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Love it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The guy makes a good point.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It's crossed my mind a few times that teams that play good defense and run the ball well (like the Jaguars do) tend to do well in the playoffs.

If we can capitalize on our schedule and get ourselves a bye...

Let's just start by beating Cincinnati at home in a couple of weeks.

We absolutely are a playoff team. This is a better roster overall than the 2007 team and we are in a position to win the Div this time.

Playoffs, sure. Super Bowl? Not until I see Blake show some semblance of being able to be successful when the team is struggling otherwise. We can't front run an entire super bowl run. Even Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson made plays on the occasion that the Ravens and Bucs needed them to in the playoffs.

He had me going until the last line about Kaepernick and then I realized he was just drunk.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017, 11:45 PM by jrvegeeta.)

If anything, that article actually proves that there is a bias against Jacksonville. If it were the Browns, they would have said something like, 'Finally, Cleveland had come out of the dark ages and are good once more', but the Jaguars.... the entire league has to suck before we are considered good. Said it before and I'll say it again: most NFL fans want to see this team fail....and if we don't, they'll hate the Jags and the fans more than the Patriots when they win a super bowl. It seriously makes you wonder what this city did to deserve such hatred...

Seems to me its more of the same, Jaguars still suck, but everyone else sucks so bad they have a chance. I mean I guess.... But to me its the NFL, there are still elite players in the league. We can't help what division we play in, and I would argue the AFC North is a bigger joke than the South. We have smoked every team in the North so far, and the only playoff team coming out of that division is Pittsburgh, who we destroyed. If we beat Cinci, I think its safe to say we own the North and will likely route Cleveland.

Outside of Blake Bortles and our run defense, our team has played extremely well, super bowl level well.. So I can see us getting there if Blake finally gets his act together... Or the run D figures it out. We can survive one or the other, but I think we would be a hard pick to win it all with a bad run defense AND a crummy QB.

I've been saying we got a Super Bowl defense and run game. But...that QB we got is so up and down.

This team has yet to prove they can win back to back games. They play good one week, then play like complete dog [BLEEP] the next week. It has been a trend all season and I don't know if it'll change honestly. I hope it does though.

They've consistently seemed to have a great game plan one week, then act like they've never called a single game in their entire life the next week.

People need to chill on the playoff talk lol. Especially the stupid super bowl talk.

(10-24-2017, 12:17 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Outside of Blake Bortles and our run defense, our team has played extremely well, super bowl level well.. So I can see us getting there if Blake finally gets his act together... Or the run D figures it out. We can survive one or the other, but I think we would be a hard pick to win it all with a bad run defense AND a crummy QB.

Get the [BLEEP] over the Bortles hate and blame game. He has yet to cost us a single game this season. Penalties lost us the game vs the tacks. A couple missed run fits by the Defense cost us vs the Jets and Special Teams cost us vs the Rams.

You guys need to start watching more NFL football, because QB play league wide is god awful. Bortles isn't good, but he's not losing games for this team. No matter how badly you guys want to blame him.

It's like a backhanded compliment..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Let's prove we're the best team in the division first. As of right now that's the Titans.

There’s a past due debt still hanging around that needs to be repaid........the Jags’ 1999 season, when they were 14-0 against the rest of the league..........and 0-3 against the Titans.
“ I was a male, trapped in a female body........and then I was born. “

(10-23-2017, 11:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Playoffs, sure. Super Bowl? Not until I see Blake show some semblance of being able to be successful when the team is struggling otherwise. We can't front run an entire super bowl run. Even Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson made plays on the occasion that the Ravens and Bucs needed them to in the playoffs.

You mean like Manning a few years ago.  Dude could barely throw the ball 5 yards.
Huh

That was meant to be funny but it is also true. KC is the best of the AFC right now and they are starting to show cracks. I know that Brady is always in it and at any point could flip the switch but right now, the entire AFC looks up for grabs. I originally thought the Cincy, Chargers and Cards would be the toughest games down the stretch but look at how those teams fair now. I think we may only lose the one to the Chargers. That Tennessee game could be the difference make in the end.

Not to sound like Broklyn but lets win back to back games first. And especially lets win one at home.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(10-24-2017, 04:03 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: It's like a backhanded compliment..
It's a start and we will soon get the  respect we deserve .

At this point we'd be better off with a wild card so we can play on the road lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Uh oh Jaguars...
Only a chump boos the home team!