Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Garoppolo to the 49ers for a 2nd

Has anyone ever won trading someone from new England? Id pass.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-30-2017, 09:25 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 09:23 PM)D6 Wrote: It would be a tremendous opportunity for him to learn from arguably the greatest of all time.  With a strong supporting cast and a top flight overall organization. Most QBs can't even dream about being in a situation like this.   They are more often than not put in very difficult situations,  which often contributes to them not panning out.

That's what Jimmy thought. Then he got traded to the 49ers lol

Poor kid woke up 6-2 and is going to bed 0-8

Jimmy is going to see football reality quickly.  Much like LB Jamie Collins did around this time last season.

On the plus side,  Jimmy is likely going to sign a contract that will give him financial security for the rest of his life.

bruh NE has traded both their back-ups this year to suckers

(10-30-2017, 09:51 PM)haveaseat Wrote: bruh NE has traded both their back-ups this year to suckers

Imagine how many picks NE would have if Bklyn were a GM. He'd have traded for Jimmy AND Brissett.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-30-2017, 09:20 PM)nhiverson Wrote: They plan to play brady into his 40s we'll see how that works out.

Mayfield is one i like for jags

(10-30-2017, 09:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 09:51 PM)haveaseat Wrote: bruh NE has traded both their back-ups this year to suckers

Imagine how many picks NE would have if Bklyn were a GM. He'd have traded for Jimmy AND Brissett.

lol

In what world is a back up QB worthy of such high picks? Blasphemy. There is not enough history to know that dude can even ball on a regular basis.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-30-2017, 08:26 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: SF basically going to have the first pick in the 2nd round...

Should we have given our 1st rounder for him?

No.

Ehh. I think it's a decent move by the niners.

They still have 5 picks left before the fifth round begins. Besides their own they have -- a second round pick from the saints, additional third from the bears, and a fourth rounder from the steelers trade.

So - they'll still be able to acquire talent in the draft despite giving up the pick.

I had Garropolo rated as a mid-to-late-second-round pick coming out of school personally, and I don't think giving up a second for him is much of a stretch.

I'm not so inclined to write this kid's talent off because he's assumed to be a system product like many folks are claiming.
I think SF should draft a stud WR and add some talent to their O-Line one way or another to help Garoppolo succeed. (Shanahan would be wise to bring on an experienced OC as well, IMO)

I think he'll do well in SF if they can get a bit of help around him.

Man, Patriots are really betting that Brady wont go down. I don't see a point of them making this trade right now. Brady goes down, that team is a BAD football team.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 10:59 PM by BklynJag.)

(10-30-2017, 08:36 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Im not sure on cousins he choked last year down the stretch when they just needed a win.

Nah, let's just stick with Bortles.

(10-30-2017, 09:54 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:

Um, we should have try to trade for Jimmy.  He's better than Blake.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 11:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-30-2017, 10:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ehh. I think it's a decent move by the niners.

They still have 5 picks left before the fifth round begins. Besides their own they have   -- a second round pick from the saints, additional third from the bears, and a fourth rounder from the steelers trade.

So - they'll still be able to acquire talent in the draft despite giving up the pick.

I had Garropolo rated as a mid-to-late-second-round pick coming out of school personally, and I don't think giving up a second for him is much of a stretch.

I'm not so inclined to write this kid's talent off because he's assumed to be a system product like many folks are claiming.
I think SF should draft a stud WR and add some talent to their O-Line one way or another to help Garoppolo succeed.  (Shanahan would be wise to bring on an experienced OC as well, IMO)

I think he'll do well in SF if they can get a bit of help around him.

With their first pick they should take Barkley and I would almost bet anything that who they would take.  I'm gonna laugh so hard if the Bowns drafts a head of them and takes Barkley though.  More QBs at our pick the better.  I do feel Barkley is the best player in the draft

(10-30-2017, 08:26 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [BLEEP]? lol

I'm not a Jimmy G fan, but I'd have rolled with a 2nd for him

We wouldn't have gotten him for a two. It would have cost us a lot more. By sending Garoppolo to us, Belichick would be shipping a quality player off to an ascending team in position to challenge the Patriots in the postseason for years to come. Belichick's not going to give this team the QB it needs to be a perpetual playoff headache without fleecing us for multiple first-round picks.

By sending him to the 49ers, Belichick gets out of a messy contract situation (and possibly a messy locker room situation, if Brady struggles at some point). He takes less in trade capital than he otherwise would have, but he gets Garoppolo out of the AFC and onto a toilet team that wouldn't be making any playoff runs in the next few years even if they had Joe Montana back at QB. With the 49ers "fighting" for rights to the first pick in the second round, it's actually a pretty brilliant trade and further evidence that Belichick just gets it.

It's weird how this, and Jaguars reddit, are virtually the only places I can find where the consensus is that Garoppolo sucks. Everywhere else it's at least 50/50 and among the "experts" they are pretty convinced he is at worst a solid starter. I mean, I understand it's mostly because he and Blake were the same draft so there is some sort of rivalry bias but it's still weird that he has to be maligned for no real reason.

(10-30-2017, 11:43 PM)Upper Wrote: It's weird how this, and Jaguars reddit, are virtually the only places I can find where the consensus is that Garoppolo sucks. Everywhere else it's at least 50/50 and among the "experts" they are pretty convinced he is at worst a solid starter. I mean, I understand it's mostly because he and Blake were the same draft so there is some sort of rivalry bias but it's still weird that he has to be maligned for no real reason.

I don't think the consensus is that garrapolo sucks. Just that they think he's being overly touted for a player that barely has any NFL experience. Matt Cassel looked good in NE as well. Wasn't much after he left.

(10-30-2017, 11:55 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 11:43 PM)Upper Wrote: It's weird how this, and Jaguars reddit, are virtually the only places I can find where the consensus is that Garoppolo sucks. Everywhere else it's at least 50/50 and among the "experts" they are pretty convinced he is at worst a solid starter. I mean, I understand it's mostly because he and Blake were the same draft so there is some sort of rivalry bias but it's still weird that he has to be maligned for no real reason.

I don't think the consensus is that garrapolo sucks. Just that they think he's being overly touted for a player that barely has any NFL experience. Matt Cassel looked good in NE as well. Wasn't much after he left.

Yeah I agree with this. I think people just are wary of dealing for a backup Patriots QB.

(10-30-2017, 09:20 PM)nhiverson Wrote: They plan to play brady into his 40s we'll see how that works out.

Prob bad for the rest of us as long as he can play. Tom Brady is the GOAT afterall.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-31-2017, 01:21 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:

Prob bad for the rest of us as long as he can play. Tom Brady is the GOAT afterall.
Agree, as long as he plays the lesser the chance is at other teams winning the SB or even making it to the SB in the AFC

So he didn't get a new deal as part of the trade so this really works for him. If he plays lights out, all kinds of teams are going to try to sign him.

He could try to work out a long term deal with San Fran, but if you just showed the league you've got the ability, why would you sign with San Francisco?

San Francisco could franchise tag him, but then they're paying I believe 23 million for 1 guy that doesn't wanna be there when their team needs a lot of help in a lot of areas.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(10-31-2017, 08:11 AM)Achilles Wrote: So he didn't get a new deal as part of the trade so this really works for him. If he plays lights out, all kinds of teams are going to try to sign him.

He could try to work out a long term deal with San Fran, but if you just showed the league you've got the ability, why would you sign with San Francisco?

San Francisco could franchise tag him, but then they're paying I believe 23 million for 1 guy that doesn't wanna be there when their team needs a lot of help in a lot of areas.

There is no way they gave up the 33rd/34th pick in the draft for a half-season rental...

They will sign him long term or franchise him that is 100% barring some kind of injury.

FWIW  -  I posted just earlier saying I think Garoppolo will do well in SF if they add a few more pieces on offense to help him.  

I'm not sold on the whole "product of the system" take.  At least, not with this guy.