Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Garoppolo to the 49ers for a 2nd

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 08:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

damn

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago

To repeat: 49ers are trading a 2018 2nd-round draft pick for Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources tell ESPN.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-30-2017, 08:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: damn

Any idea if that includes a reworked deal or if he's basically a rental?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 08:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 5m5 minutes ago

This now means that Kirk Cousins will have one less landing spot in free agency. There will be plenty of interest. But SF is out.

I think its a guarantee the take Barkley now

SF basically going to have the first pick in the 2nd round...

Should we have given our 1st rounder for him?

[BLEEP]? lol

I'm not a Jimmy G fan, but I'd have rolled with a 2nd for him
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 08:28 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-30-2017, 08:26 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: SF basically going to have the first pick in the 2nd round...

Hell no

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...h-patriots

(10-30-2017, 08:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 08:26 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: SF basically going to have the first pick in the 2nd round...

Hell no

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...h-patriots

I agree but thats what it would have taken for Jags.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 08:31 PM by imtheblkranger.)

SF was the clear #1 spot for Cousins if he left Washington, with that gone, Jax becomes significantly higher on the list. Basically you cut Blake and Ivory for him, cap wise.

But, always be cautious when BB is willing to part with a guy for less than what a lot thought his value was.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-30-2017, 08:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: SF was the clear #1 spot for Cousins if he left Washington, with that gone, Jax becomes significantly higher on the list. Basically you cut Blake and Ivory for him, cap wise.

But, always be cautious when BB is willing to part with a guy for less than what a lot thought his value was.

I think we should do that.  I wouldnt pay more than 25 mil.

Im not sure on cousins he choked last year down the stretch when they just needed a win.
No Fun

(10-30-2017, 08:36 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Im not sure on cousins he choked last year down the stretch when they just needed a win.

He had to pretty much carry that team.  He wont have to do that here

I've said it since the offseason to go throw money at Cousins. He's played well with what he has this year, he'd do well here.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I wouldn't be mad at cousins. i see redskins games a lot and ive seen him in crunch time miss open throws badly consistently thats one of bortles issues not making the throw we need.
No Fun

Good deal for both sides.

49ers can trade their very early first rounder this year now if Jimmy looks decent.

I came straight to the board when I heard. I just don't understand how this ain't us. I guess NE didn't want him in the AFC. It's funny cuz some on this board thought he would be the man in NE next year over Brady. Rofl!!

The Patriots likely will be selecting in the 2018 Draft the QB who they believe will be Tom Brady's eventual replacement. They now have a valuable chip that can help them trade up more easily.

The question though for the 2017 season is will the Patriots trade for a # 2 QB who could help them hold the fort if Brady suffers a short term injury???

(10-30-2017, 09:14 PM)D6 Wrote: The Patriots likely will be selecting in the 2018 Draft the QB who they believe will be Tom Brady's eventual replacement.   They now have a valuable chip that can help them trade up more easily.

The question though for the 2017 season is will the Patriots trade for a # 2 QB who could help them hold the fort if Brady suffers a short term injury???

Agreed, was thinking the same thing.  I could see them taking Mayfield honestly

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 09:20 PM by nhiverson.)

They plan to play brady into his 40s we'll see how that works out.

Mayfield is one i like for jags
No Fun

(10-30-2017, 09:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 09:14 PM)D6 Wrote: The Patriots likely will be selecting in the 2018 Draft the QB who they believe will be Tom Brady's eventual replacement.   They now have a valuable chip that can help them trade up more easily.

Agreed, was thinking the same thing.  I could see them taking Mayfield honestly

It would be a tremendous opportunity for him to learn from arguably the greatest of all time.  With a strong supporting cast and a top flight overall organization. Most QBs can't even dream about being in a situation like this.   They are more often than not put in very difficult situations,  which often contributes to them not panning out.

(10-30-2017, 09:23 PM)D6 Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 09:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, was thinking the same thing.  I could see them taking Mayfield honestly

It would be a tremendous opportunity for him to learn from arguably the greatest of all time.  With a strong supporting cast and a top flight overall organization. Most QBs can't even dream about being in a situation like this.   They are more often than not put in very difficult situations,  which often contributes to them not panning out.

That's what Jimmy thought. Then he got traded to the 49ers lol

Poor kid woke up 6-2 and is going to bed 0-8
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS