Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rosen and Darnold both declare for the draft

(01-04-2018, 08:50 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 01:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have Jackson staying in school, the Pats taking Luke Falk in round 2 and the Jags drafting Riley Ferguson in round 3 after signing Sam Bradford in free agency. I hope to God, I am wrong, because I want either Rudolph or Mayfield.

I do think Ferguson or Finley would be solid third rounders to develop behind the starter. Can't say I'm on board with Sam Bradford. He just can't be counted on to stay healthy and then the Jags would have to bring in a very inexperienced rookie. Unless Blake does something horrible this Sunday, I believe he deserves a chance to play out his option year. The only other possibility who could be signed at a reasonable rate might by Tyrod Taylor. If the Bills trade for Alex Smith, Tyrod will be available and he does fit well since he takes great care of the ball and has good mobility. He can also throw the deep ball.

Taylor would be more expensive and just as mediocre as Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's a little hard to imagine both Bridgewater and Keenum being with Vikings next year. I wouldn't mind Keenum here.

(01-04-2018, 11:51 PM)newporttom Wrote: It's a little hard to imagine both Bridgewater and Keenum being with Vikings next year.  I wouldn't mind Keenum here.

I think it's pretty easy to see. They aren't gonna let Keenum walk and Teddy is loved in Minnesota. I don't think he'll get offered a starting job, so I think he'll take a 3-4 year deal as Keenum's backup.

Lamar Jackson has entered the draft...

(01-04-2018, 11:30 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 08:50 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I do think Ferguson or Finley would be solid third rounders to develop behind the starter. Can't say I'm on board with Sam Bradford. He just can't be counted on to stay healthy and then the Jags would have to bring in a very inexperienced rookie. Unless Blake does something horrible this Sunday, I believe he deserves a chance to play out his option year. The only other possibility who could be signed at a reasonable rate might by Tyrod Taylor. If the Bills trade for Alex Smith, Tyrod will be available and he does fit well since he takes great care of the ball and has good mobility. He can also throw the deep ball.

Taylor would be more expensive and just as mediocre as Bortles.

I'll laugh for days if someone pays Taylor 19 mil or more

(01-05-2018, 11:50 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Lamar Jackson has entered the draft...

Good news! It now looks like Mason Rudolph may fall to us.  Banana

Finley returning to NCSt. There goes one of the 3rd round prospects.

(01-06-2018, 05:03 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Finley returning to NCSt. There goes one of the 3rd round prospects.

That's too bad. That will also force another team to pick Ferguson in the 2nd round, which would be a reach. Fortunately for the Jaguars, Blake will play well this post-season and the Jags will not be forced to "reach" for a quarterback in the draft.

(01-06-2018, 07:43 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 05:03 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Finley returning to NCSt. There goes one of the 3rd round prospects.

That's too bad. That will also force another team to pick Ferguson in the 2nd round, which would be a reach. Fortunately for the Jaguars, Blake will play well this post-season and the Jags will not be forced to "reach" for a quarterback in the draft.

We won't. It looks like Mason Rudolph may fall to us in round 1 now and he'd be a clear upgrade over Bortles.

Auburn QB Jarrett Stidham is also returning to school and so is OG/OT Martez Ivey of Florida, according to Great Blue North Draft Report.