Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rosen and Darnold both declare for the draft

Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold both announced today that they will be entering the draft. Given that Cleveland and the Giants are both sitting #1 and #2, you'd have to figure Rosen and Darnold should be the first two picks of the draft.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Im sure you are shocked with Donald declaring

(01-03-2018, 08:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold both announced today that they will be entering the draft. Given that Cleveland and the Giants are both sitting #1 and #2, you'd have to figure Rosen and Darnold should be the first two picks of the draft.

If the giants take a QB that early I hope Coughlin/Caldwell make a deal to take Webb off of their hands.

(01-03-2018, 09:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 08:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold both announced today that they will be entering the draft. Given that Cleveland and the Giants are both sitting #1 and #2, you'd have to figure Rosen and Darnold should be the first two picks of the draft.

If the giants take a QB that early I hope Coughlin/Caldwell make a deal to take Webb off of their hands.

Depending on how Bortles plays in the playoffs, id rather make a deal for Eli and draft Rudolph

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2018, 09:41 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-03-2018, 09:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Im sure you are shocked with Donald declaring

Not really. I would've been shocked several weeks ago, but as the season wound down and Darnold began to play better, I had a 50-50 feeling he might end up declaring. I thought it could go either way. Rosen really benefited from this, because if he refuses to go to Cleveland, the Browns can just draft Darnold and Rosen would then go to New York.

(01-03-2018, 09:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

No way! There are much better QB's in this draft than Webb. He's still third string in New York. He's so bad, they started Geno Smith ahead of him. Geno-freakin-Smith.

(01-03-2018, 09:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 09:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If the giants take a QB that early I hope Coughlin/Caldwell make a deal to take Webb off of their hands.

Depending on how Bortles plays in the playoffs, id rather make a deal for Eli and draft Rudolph

Sounds o.k., as long as Manning didn't cost over a 4th round pick. I don't think he has anything left. Personally, I'd rather draft Rudolph and start him right away.

(01-03-2018, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 09:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Im sure you are shocked with Donald declaring

Not really. I would've been shocked several weeks ago, but as the season wound down and Darnold began to play better, I had a 50-50 feeling he might end up declaring. I thought it could go either way. Rosen really benefited from this, because if he refuses to go to Cleveland, the Browns can just draft Darnold and Rosen would then go to New York.

(01-03-2018, 09:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If the giants take a QB that early I hope Coughlin/Caldwell make a deal to take Webb off of their hands.

No way! There are much better QB's in this draft than Webb. He's still third string in New York. He's so bad, they started Geno Smith ahead of him. Geno-freakin-Smith.

Lol

I think if Darnolds starts week 1 of next year he'd be the youngest starting QB in NFL history..

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2018, 09:47 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-03-2018, 09:44 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think if Darnolds starts week 1 of next year he'd be the youngest starting QB in NFL history..

Hes only a few months younger than Rosen

(01-03-2018, 09:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 09:44 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think if Darnolds starts week 1 of next year he'd be the youngest starting QB in NFL history..

Hes only a few months younger than Rosen

Yep. Rosen's ready to start at least though. Darnolds has a lot of work to do.

(01-03-2018, 09:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

LOL 

Most reports out of the interim regime say they like Webb - so it's highly unlikely they part ways with him anyway. Of course - there's no telling what Gettlemen really thinks of the kid yet.

You'll forgive me if I trust my gut over Ben McAdoo on a young QB. That idiot starting Smith over Webb doesn't necessarily reflect anything on Webb in my book. He was drafted late in the third. If they'd take a fifth - I'd give it to them for Webb in a heartbeat.

Makes it easier for us to get Mayfield
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-03-2018, 11:55 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Makes it easier for us to get Mayfield

All 3 likely going top 10

(01-04-2018, 12:09 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 11:55 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Makes it easier for us to get Mayfield

I don't know about top 10, but I definitely don't think Mayfield makes it out of the top 15. I think Josh Allen might be picked as the 3rd QB in the draft, but personally, I'd take Mayfield and Rudolph over him any day of the week. 

I just did some adjusting on my mock draft and I have Darnold going #1 to Cleveland, Rosen going #2 to the Giants, Josh Allen #6 to the Jets, Mayfield #13 to Washington and Rudolph #15 to Arizona. I also have the Broncos signing Kirk Cousins and the Bills trading for Alex Smith.

(01-04-2018, 12:09 AM)JackCity Wrote:

If you think Mayfield is going in the top 10, you are smoking some of that now legal California happy happy.

(01-04-2018, 01:08 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 12:09 AM)JackCity Wrote: All 3 likely going top 10

I don't know about top 10, but I definitely don't think Mayfield makes it out of the top 15. I think Josh Allen might be picked as the 3rd QB in the draft, but personally, I'd take Mayfield and Rudolph over him any day of the week. 

I just did some adjusting on my mock draft and I have Darnold going #1 to Cleveland, Rosen going #2 to the Giants, Josh Allen #6 to the Jets, Mayfield #13 to Washington and Rudolph #15 to Arizona. I also have the Broncos signing Kirk Cousins and the Bills trading for Alex Smith.

Not too many options for the Jags if this happens. Lamar Jackson should not be the pick The most viable option would be Riley Ferguson or Ryan Finley, ideally in the 3rd round. Luke Falk's combine performance will determine if he could also fit in the 3rd round.

(01-04-2018, 01:08 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 12:09 AM)JackCity Wrote: All 3 likely going top 10

I don't think it'll be so many QBs early.  It seems like every year folks project there to be early runs on QBs, and it doesn't happen to the degree everyone expected.

I'm thinking we should be able to trade up to the teens if we really want Mayfield or Rudolph, though.  There's a lot of evaluation still to be done through the offseason.

(01-04-2018, 12:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 01:08 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't know about top 10, but I definitely don't think Mayfield makes it out of the top 15. I think Josh Allen might be picked as the 3rd QB in the draft, but personally, I'd take Mayfield and Rudolph over him any day of the week. 

Not too many options for the Jags if this happens. Lamar Jackson should not be the pick The most viable option would be Riley Ferguson or Ryan Finley, ideally in the 3rd round. Luke Falk's combine performance will determine if he could also fit in the 3rd round.

I have Jackson staying in school, the Pats taking Luke Falk in round 2 and the Jags drafting Riley Ferguson in round 3 after signing Sam Bradford in free agency. I hope to God, I am wrong, because I want either Rudolph or Mayfield.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2018, 05:02 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-04-2018, 01:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have Jackson staying in school, the Pats taking Luke Falk in round 2 and the Jags drafting Riley Ferguson in round 3 after signing Sam Bradford in free agency. I hope to God, I am wrong, because I want either Rudolph or Mayfield.

What kind of $$ would you expect Bradford to demand in free agency.  Remember, it should only be a 4 week contract given his history of injuries.  One needs to have their starting QB take 75% of the training camp reps and I'll be damned if I'm giving Bradford anything more than 25%

(01-04-2018, 05:00 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 01:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I have Jackson staying in school, the Pats taking Luke Falk in round 2 and the Jags drafting Riley Ferguson in round 3 after signing Sam Bradford in free agency. I hope to God, I am wrong, because I want either Rudolph or Mayfield.

What kind of $$ would you expect Bradford to demand in free agency.  Remember, it should only be a 4 week contract given his history of injuries.  One needs to have their starting QB take 75% of the training camp reps and I'll be damned if I'm giving Bradford anything more than 25%

I'd expect something like a 2 year $28 Million deal with an out clause after year one. I don't expect him to be in high demand.

(01-04-2018, 01:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 12:06 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Not too many options for the Jags if this happens. Lamar Jackson should not be the pick The most viable option would be Riley Ferguson or Ryan Finley, ideally in the 3rd round. Luke Falk's combine performance will determine if he could also fit in the 3rd round.

I have Jackson staying in school, the Pats taking Luke Falk in round 2 and the Jags drafting Riley Ferguson in round 3 after signing Sam Bradford in free agency. I hope to God, I am wrong, because I want either Rudolph or Mayfield.

I do think Ferguson or Finley would be solid third rounders to develop behind the starter. Can't say I'm on board with Sam Bradford. He just can't be counted on to stay healthy and then the Jags would have to bring in a very inexperienced rookie. Unless Blake does something horrible this Sunday, I believe he deserves a chance to play out his option year. The only other possibility who could be signed at a reasonable rate might by Tyrod Taylor. If the Bills trade for Alex Smith, Tyrod will be available and he does fit well since he takes great care of the ball and has good mobility. He can also throw the deep ball.