Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Does this game go down as the ugliest game in NFL history?

I’ve noticed that some people think that a football team is only the offense. If the defense plays immaculately then that’s a fluke and not a mark of a good TEAM

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-07-2018, 05:48 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: As a playoff game? Yeah it was pretty ugly. As a regular season or game in general, the Jags beating the Steelers 9-3 in 2006 was uglier.

We had a game against the Ravens in 1999 that we won 6-3.

(01-07-2018, 06:02 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 05:56 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: We won, try being happy for a few hours.
What's to be happy about? This team should be talking draft right now. Hats off to the defense. They are the half that actually showed up today.

The fact that we just won a playoff game for the first time in a decade? And that we are one of 8 teams that will still have a chance to win a superbowl? Man, you must be a drag to be around.

(01-07-2018, 06:23 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 06:02 PM)Dakota Wrote: What's to be happy about? This team should be talking draft right now. Hats off to the defense. They are the half that actually showed up today.

The fact that we just won a playoff game for the first time in a decade? And that we are one of 8 teams that will still have a chance to win a superbowl? Man, you must be a drag to be around.

Pretty much. I just had a huge chemo dose on friday, and have spent the weekend in bed puking my guts out. Sick
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I thought it was beautiful. Most beautiful game I’ve seen in about 10 years .

Jags win all that matters. The score who cares.... Cause end result = on to Heinz Field we go!
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(01-07-2018, 05:40 PM)Dakota Wrote: I just don't know. My heart wants to say GO JAGS, but my mind says that this was the most brutal playoff game I have ever watched.

The ugly wins are the best wins. They're the ones that prove how good you are. Anyone can win pretty, but winning the ugly games is a lot tougher.

Behind every silver lining, one will often find a cloud.

I can't imagine being anything other than happy about winning a playoff game.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 07:09 PM by SamusAranX.)

A win is a win and I had an amazing time at the game. So I’ll take it

A win is a win. I don't care if this team win 2-0 with a safety from the defense it's the playoffs and WE WON!

(01-07-2018, 06:42 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 06:23 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: The fact that we just won a playoff game for the first time in a decade? And that we are one of 8 teams that will still have a chance to win a superbowl? Man, you must be a drag to be around.

Pretty much. I just had a huge chemo dose on friday, and have spent the weekend in bed puking my guts out. Sick

That sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

The game was defensive but we won. We will need to find a way to score 10 more if we want a chance to beat the squeelers.

Did anyone else enjoy having Romo call the game? He really provided some insight the way I was hoping he would. He is also really into the game and I found that pretty fun. It made the stress of what I was watching somehow more bearable lol.

I heard on the radio that Colvin was playing with the flu. That would explain his vomiting. My concern is the potential to infect the rest of the team. Quarantine him.

(01-07-2018, 07:15 PM)Takedakai Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 06:42 PM)Dakota Wrote: Pretty much. I just had a huge chemo dose on friday, and have spent the weekend in bed puking my guts out. Sick

That sucks.  Hope you feel better soon.

The game was defensive but we won.  We will need to find a way to score 10 more if we want a chance to beat the squeelers.

Did anyone else enjoy having Romo call the game?  He really provided some insight the way I was hoping he would.  He is also really into the game and I found that pretty fun.  It made the stress of what I was watching somehow more bearable lol.

I love Tony Romo calling the game.  He's a good fit in the booth.

(01-07-2018, 07:15 PM)Takedakai Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 06:42 PM)Dakota Wrote: Pretty much. I just had a huge chemo dose on friday, and have spent the weekend in bed puking my guts out. Sick

That sucks.  Hope you feel better soon.

The game was defensive but we won.  We will need to find a way to score 10 more if we want a chance to beat the squeelers.

Did anyone else enjoy having Romo call the game?  He really provided some insight the way I was hoping he would.  He is also really into the game and I found that pretty fun.  It made the stress of what I was watching somehow more bearable lol.
I only managed to puke twice during the game, which I think is a record for this weekend. Banana 

On a bad note, I have slipped under 170 lbs since being diagnosed with cancer, and likely will be hospitalized next week. I have lost 102 lbs since being diagnosed, which isn't good at all.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

There are no style points in the NFL. Winning ugly is still winning, and if you’re collecting a W at this point in the season, it should be celebrated because there are only a handful of teams still playing this season. Our guys are one of them.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I think getting Yeldon back next week will help. He's a good reciever out of the backfield.

(01-07-2018, 06:42 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 06:23 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: The fact that we just won a playoff game for the first time in a decade? And that we are one of 8 teams that will still have a chance to win a superbowl? Man, you must be a drag to be around.

sorry to hear your not doing so well Dakota. I'll keep you in my thoughts,and prayers.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Nah. Jags d is a thing of beauty. Offense is butt ugly

(01-07-2018, 07:26 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Nah.  Jags d is a thing of beauty.  Offense is butt ugly

True, but you could look at it this way. The offense is still better than the Legion Of Gloom the Ravens trotted on the field in 2000. They went like five games in a row without an offensive touchdown. That's comically bad.

(01-07-2018, 07:19 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 07:15 PM)Takedakai Wrote: That sucks.  Hope you feel better soon.

I only managed to puke twice during the game, which I think is a record for this weekend. Banana 

On a bad note, I have slipped under 170 lbs since being diagnosed with cancer, and likely will be hospitalized next week. I have lost 102 lbs since being diagnosed, which isn't good at all.

Has someone pulled the "I'm jealous of all that weight you lost" statement yet? Someone said that to my dad during chemo, I nearly punched their lights out.