Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Does this game go down as the ugliest game in NFL history?

I just don't know. My heart wants to say GO JAGS, but my mind says that this was the most brutal playoff game I have ever watched.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh I loved it. Close, low scoring games are in my opinion purest football.

The Cowboys/Philly game week 17 was uglier
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I like defensive games, but I also like seeing NFL teams execute and play well. These teams were not playing their best. Both were off today.

No way, dude.

It wasn't pretty, but this defense was on point for most of the game. The offense is ugly, sure, though I'm not sure I'd call it an all-time worst performance. If Blake didn't run for 80-is yards then I'd be a little more inclined to agree, but there were at least some offensive plays.

Yes. Per Shefter....

Jacksonville and Buffalo’s 13 combined points were fewest ever in an NFL wild-card game, beating the 49ers’ 14-0 wild-card win over Eagles in 1996.

It was ugly... Bortles was both reasons for looking ugly and winning. If he had not run the ball so well, the Jags could have lost.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Not for Jags fans.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I loved it that was football

As a playoff game? Yeah it was pretty ugly. As a regular season or game in general, the Jags beating the Steelers 9-3 in 2006 was uglier.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Not from the cardiac cats
Formerly known as The Real Joker

Defense won the game...as expected.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-07-2018, 05:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yes. Per Shefter....

Jacksonville and Buffalo’s 13 combined points were fewest ever in an NFL wild-card game, beating the 49ers’ 14-0 wild-card win over Eagles in 1996.

As well it should be. I have never been more disgusted with a playoff game as I am today.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-07-2018, 05:55 PM)Dakota Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 05:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Yes. Per Shefter....

As well it should be. I have never been more disgusted with a playoff game as I am today.

We won, try being happy for a few hours.

first half was all snores, im glad we got a bit of excitement in the 2nd.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 06:00 PM by Rockman1966.)

Ugly win beats a pretty loss.

Gotta give Shady McCoy props.

*Lots of former FSU players on the field (Ramsey, Smith, O'Leary, and Benjamin)

(01-07-2018, 05:56 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 05:55 PM)Dakota Wrote: As well it should be. I have never been more disgusted with a playoff game as I am today.

We won, try being happy for a few hours.
What's to be happy about? This team should be talking draft right now. Hats off to the defense. They are the half that actually showed up today.

(01-07-2018, 05:40 PM)Dakota Wrote: I just don't know. My heart wants to say GO JAGS, but my mind says that this was the most brutal playoff game I have ever watched.

You're just never satisfied, are you?

On to Pittsburgh?

Have a little faith,

there's still a chance to relive 1999.  Wink

To be fair we never got out of first gear and were on cruise control after the td. Tyrod was never driving the field

Does not matter if it were 3-0. As long as the Jags have the bigger score is all that matters. I love old defensive games like that
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]