Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I'm not watching the Super Bowl.

Well, I don't like the Eagles or the Pats. Can they both lose the SB?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At least Minnesota won’t be there, doesn’t matter Philadelphia will get hosed, see you guys next season, it’s been fun this season, my heart still hurts but Go Jags, love my team and city

I won't either. Not a fan of the Zebras. They make it almost every year.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 11:59 PM by Inziladun.)

I didn't watch the Vikings Eagles game but after hearing the Vikings got stomped I'm over it this year. It sounds petty but I just can't bring myself to watch Brady win another one. I've been watching this nonsense for my entire young adulthood. Last time the Patriots beat us in the Playoffs I got a lot of joy seeing them lose to the Giants... But this year... I'm just not feeling it. I'm over seeing Brady go toe to toe with some NFC team. Last year I admitted he was the GOAT and gave him mad props. I just don't have it in me anymore to carry on.

Will just have to wait til next year to get my football fix. I'll silently cheer for the Eagles to get their first. But I'll wait til Facebook blows up with news of the winner to check in.

I won't bother. The entertainment card absolutely sucks, for one. Secondly, I just can't get into either team. It would be fun to see philly fan beat down a few cheatriots fans though.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I actually think I'm done with nfl after this too. What. A. Joke.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 12:09 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Go back to the Browns game, 0 penalties for the 1st time in 50 year's lol. What a coincidence!

It will be the first SB I don't watch

(01-21-2018, 08:48 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I still am watching. The loss sucks but we are close. We have a team built for a nice 4-6 year post season run. We got a window here. And Brady is the king. He’s my favorite player. I hate that he beat us but the dude is a baller. I’ll be tuned in to see him go for another one

For a team like the Jags, the window is more like 2-4 years. By 4 years, most of the even the defense will be new faces because Jags won't be able to afford everyone on their next contracts. Hard to hit on and develop those a defensive side like over and over again.

Kinda unrelated, but how many would be fumble recovery TDs have we had blown dead this year? 3? More?

I can't say I won't watch the SB if only for the read on of hoping NE loses, but I can honestly say, if somehow we lost our team, I'd be fine never watching the NFL again.

(01-22-2018, 12:42 AM)Unusual Creature Wrote: Kinda unrelated, but how many would be fumble recovery TDs have we had blown dead this year? 3? More?

Pretty sure it's 3.  Which is reprehensible.

(01-21-2018, 09:36 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 08:48 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: I still am watching. The loss sucks but we are close. We have a team built for a nice 4-6 year post season run. We got a window here. And Brady is the king. He’s my favorite player. I hate that he beat us but the dude is a baller. I’ll be tuned in to see him go for another one

What an odd sentiment for a Jags fan to have.  I hope Giselle accidentally twists his testicles off in a night of rough sex.

If Brady wants that, he should hit up his defense. They suck harder than Jenna Jameson.

(01-21-2018, 09:37 PM)Jags239 Wrote: You know NE will win the SB based on the obvious bias. I would bet my house on it

Why? There was a financial motive for bias against the Jags playing in the Superbowl because of the ratings. But there's no financial motive for having one team vs. another win the Superbowl. The Eagles fan base is every bit as rabid as the Pats.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-22-2018, 12:53 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 09:37 PM)Jags239 Wrote: You know NE will win the SB based on the obvious bias. I would bet my house on it

Why? There was a financial motive for bias against the Jags playing in the Superbowl because of the ratings. But there's no financial motive for having one team vs. another win the Superbowl. The Eagles fan base is every bit as rabid as the Pats.

Rabid maybe, but you don’t have the crazy amount of bandwagon fans with philly as you do with NE.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Does the NFL make a lot of money off NE being a villain? I'm pretty sure everyone outside of Boston loathes them and are tired of them. They were a terrible for the longest time.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 01:04 AM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

NFL wants to build up their dynasty in the Patriots. Especially since most of their Super Bowls are tainted by cheating. They hope most people will forget how badly officiated this game was when people bring up that Tom Brady has 6 Super Bowl Rings.

(01-22-2018, 01:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Does the NFL make a lot of money off NE being a villain? I'm pretty sure everyone outside of Boston loathes them and are tired of them. They were a terrible for the longest time.

There's some  bandwagoners.  A guy I know used to be a HUGE Colts fan.  Now he's a Patriots fan.  Guy has bad taste in football teams.

Serious question.

Has anyone ever wondered if karma truly exists based solely on the success of the New England Patriots?

(01-22-2018, 01:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Does the NFL make a lot of money off NE being a villain? I'm pretty sure everyone outside of Boston loathes them and are tired of them. They were a terrible for the longest time.

Full time football fans are tired of them, the one game a year Super Bowl watcher are just happy there is some names they recognize playing in between the cute commercials and the halftime show.

(01-22-2018, 01:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Serious question.

Has anyone ever wondered if karma truly exists based solely on the success of the New England Patriots?

No such thing. To many crappy people get rewarded for doing crappy things.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I'll watch Jax next season like I've been doing for 15 years, but I'm not watching the super bowl. For one, I just don't care. 2, I'm not doing what the NFL wants me to do and watching just because I hope the Patriots lose.

Sucks we lost, but I guess I will root for the pats.