Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players Saw the Penalty Discrepancy

This dude probably has an account on every single NFL team's messageboard defending the Pats 24/7

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 02:04 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

Bruce Irvin's tweet was pretty funny lol.

https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/status/...0814848000

How could the players not see it? Stevie Wonder saw it.

Wow.......I showed up as a Texans fan to congratulate you on your season.
And all I find Is crying about the refs.
The Patriots beat you straight up!!! Deal with it!

(01-22-2018, 02:40 AM)TackHammer56 Wrote: Wow.......I showed up as a Texans fan to congratulate you on your season.

Jags had their chances to win it and couldn't get it done  -  the bad calls and non-calls be damned. 

Some fans get too caught up in the stuff from the stripes. Jags are still a piece or two away on offense from winning that one and their coaches got a bit too conservative in the second half. 

The stripes certainly didn't help, but they weren't the driving force in the loss. 

And, thanks for the intent anyway.  LOL.

(01-22-2018, 12:34 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: NFL is a joke. I may actually look for a new hobby on Sundays.

I love the Jags but this thought has crossed my mind.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 02:51 AM by paksat.)

(01-22-2018, 01:47 AM)furi0usbee Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 12:32 AM)tyus Wrote: This says it all:

[Image: FNAgJb9t2agbqAOvpngBybnitOkJXbLq89mUtnAK...f882a36940]

Yeah, it says Jags are up 14-9, pending the extra point. That ref isn't nearly today enough at the moment.

Keep telling yourself that

the only "champions" you guys are, are in your own minds. To every one else in the league, you're just the spoiled rich kid down the block that has everything given to them.

(01-22-2018, 02:40 AM)TackHammer56 Wrote: Wow.......I showed up as a Texans fan to congratulate you on your season.

go back to where you came from, we don't need nor care what some houston loser thinks

Did you actually watch the game?  or were you drunk?

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 03:01 AM by ZebrasDontPlay.)

(01-22-2018, 01:17 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Tweet from NFL research trivia, guess the last team who had only 1 penalty in a playoff game, the lowest in 6 years. Here is a hint, we just played them. Obvious jobbing if I had ever seen it.

Also, pro football reference you can look up individual refs stats in various games and by teams. Not even close to the biggest discrepancy in penalties for/against one team. And guess what, boredom I looked up today's ref, as well as hochulis stats since he's often cited as ref god, both have several games involving anywhere from 6-10 penalties against one team and 1 on the other team. And prior to today, none involved the patriots. 

As to your original point see here: several teams with 0 (not the patriots) and "many" with 1 penalty
http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/records/pla.../penalties

You mean refs aren't allowed to have personality ever?

[Image: hochuli-favre.jpg]

You can google stories about this on multiple sources right now (including Washington Post). Also, check Twitter, pretty much everyone except Pats fans admit the rig is on for the Pats.

(01-22-2018, 03:10 AM)Jest101 Wrote: You can google stories about this on multiple sources right now (including Washington Post).  Also, check Twitter, pretty much everyone except Pats fans admit the rig is on for the Pats.

Literally EVERYBODY, but Pats fans, believe they were favored by the refs. Fans of other teams, players of other teams, the media, etc etc.

It's one thing for us Jag fans to be a little upset about the officiating, for obvious reasons, but when everybody else is chiming in with the same exact feelings and thoughts about this bull.. It's pretty damn telling.

(01-22-2018, 03:28 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 03:10 AM)Jest101 Wrote: You can google stories about this on multiple sources right now (including Washington Post).  Also, check Twitter, pretty much everyone except Pats fans admit the rig is on for the Pats.

Literally EVERYBODY, but Pats fans, believe they were favored by the refs. Fans of other teams, players of other teams, the media, etc etc.

It's one thing for us Jag fans to be a little upset about the officiating, for obvious reasons, but when everybody else is chiming in with the same exact feelings and thoughts about this bull.. It's pretty damn telling.

pats fans and the pats can do no wrong in their eyes

they can be champions in their own eyes, any single one of you that watch the super bowl after witnessing what we just saw should be ashamed

When you're a dirty cheapshot team you tend to get more flags.

(01-22-2018, 07:00 AM)Patriot71 Wrote: When you're a dirty cheapshot team you tend to get more flags.

Nah, you guys still only got one.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-22-2018, 07:00 AM)Patriot71 Wrote: When you're a dirty cheapshot team you tend to get more flags.

Gronk shouldnt even be playing again this year after his cheap shot.

(01-22-2018, 01:21 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: We needed some clutch first downs at the end. Not a horrible punt out of our own end zone... we had our chances to win the game. No game this year was perfectly officiated. They have been letting teams play the entire playoffs.

It's hard to build drives when your receivers are being tackled on 3rd downs before the ball has even hit them. 

Refs just made sure they kept giving Brady and the Pats a shot.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 07:51 AM by jaglyn.)

The officiating was noticeable. Hard to overlook, even for casual fans. Here at the Jags messageboard we are more sour, a little bitter, so we'll be bashing it a lot more. But go browse the other NFL teams' forums, they all noticed.

Deep down Pats fans know this, that's why they are here defending the officiating. They knew it was coming, it was not an outright beating that we took. The win was satisfying, since it's another trip to the SB, but not satisfying enough and they know they'll be hearing about it for a while. Think about it, had the Jags won, what would we be doing right now? Having a blast, drinking some cocktails and celebrating. Certainly not all up in the Pats messageboards debating with the losing teams fans. Even the nerdiest Jags fan who don't have a life outside the internet won't be doing that (well, maybe, who knows lol)

Pats 2017, Good enough for another title, but not good enough to win without ref assistance.

#micdrop

This sickens me. You'd think the NFL would at least try to hide their obvious bias in favor of the Patriots.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 07:52 AM by Caldrac.)

This game was [BLEEP]. You cannot overlook the imbalances by the officiating in this one. Especially when it's a close game. And you cannot ignore the fact that this is the first time this has happened since 2011 and it was the second time it occurred for the very same team. It's ridiculous. If we got our [BLEEP] kicked last night like the Vikings did against the Eagles my attitude and tune would be a whole lot different this morning.

But that didn't happen. I don't feel we lost this game as a team. I feel like we got cheated at the end of the day and it's due to TV ratings, story lines and market value. The only thing I can hope for is that after New England wins it's 6th Championship with Brady and Belichick that those two cheating [BLEEP] walk off into the sun together and the NFL can move past this dynasty [BLEEP] and give someone else a turn. Hopefully it's our turn next. There's no more Peyton Manning. There's no more Tom Brady. Ben Roethlisberger should be gone soon. Who else can the NFL [BLEEP] over for these teams?

I just feel cheated.

6 - 98
1 - 10 (On Special Teams)

I had to sit there and watch Malik Jackson get put in a full nelson and sleeper holds off and on up the middle all night. I watched Lewis get straight MUGGED in back-to-back 4th quarter drives on critical 3rd downs which would have at least allowed us to pin them deep in their own territory or at least put some more points on the board. And the behavior of that one referee in particular with the celebrating, the big smiles, and the congratulating at the end of the game just seals the deal for me. It's sickening. It's like it's scripted at times.

[BLEEP] being classy about all of this. [BLEEP] taking it on the chin. [BLEEP] sportsmanship. There's a reason everybody [BLEEP] about the officiating in New England. I thought it was just a joke. But yesterday was just atrocious and BLATANTLY in those [BLEEP] favor. BLATANTLY.

Make's me [BLEEP] sick man. I refuse to watch this Superbowl this year. All we have now is the draft and free agency to look forward to.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-22-2018, 02:56 AM)Jest101 Wrote:

Did you actually watch the game?  or were you drunk?

Both?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato