Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Players Saw the Penalty Discrepancy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...penalties/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Baaahahah. "amazing", they're so "disciplined"

This says it all:

[Image: FNAgJb9t2agbqAOvpngBybnitOkJXbLq89mUtnAK...f882a36940]

NFL is a joke. I may actually look for a new hobby on Sundays.

Well, of course. No team ever commits just one penalty in a game. Hey, I'm all for letting them play but today, one team got to play, the other not so much.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 12:43 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

We did enough to get 2 primetime games next year, one likely being against Houston and the other against NE if I were a betting man, but it will take MUCH more than what we did this year to get referees celebrating in our TD celebrations that resulted solely from calls they just made.

The NFL brass hates us. You would think with Khan willing to donate his team to London on a permanent basis, we would get a little more respect, but it hasn't come and likely never will.

Correction: the entire planet saw the penalty discrepancy. I'm really not joking, the NFL is rigged.

Happens all the time with NE. I was shocked they didn’t overturn the Dion Lewis fumble

(01-22-2018, 12:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We did enough to get 2 primetime games next year, one likely being against Houston and the other against NE if I were a betting man, but it will take MUCH more than what we did this year to get referees celebrating in our TD celebrations that resulted solely from calls they just made.

The NFL brass hates us. You would think with Khan willing to donate his team to London on a permanent basis, we would get a little more respect, but it hasn't come and likely never will.

You always make the little kid you don’t like do all the grunt work.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Like I said, Draft nothing but Refs this year. Then we might stand a chance.

I'm really the farthest a person can be from a conspiracy theorist, but I do find myself wondering whether these officials are (at the very least) given some indication on which way to lean in the bias of their calls by the league.

Not that they really need much instruction to understand which teams the league profits more from - should they advance.

A vital study would be to look into the career paths of specific officials who have made calls that have facilitated large market teams to advance in the postseason. Were they awarded for those actions?

(01-22-2018, 12:51 AM)The Eleventh Doctor Wrote: Like I said, Draft nothing but Refs this year.  Then we might stand a chance.

I don’t think it would help, we could only get 53 on them on the team.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

And the Jags defense need to be more disciplined like the Patriots. Apparently this was not good enough and does not meet the definition of disciplined:

"During the regular season, Jacksonville was called for an NFL-low five defensive pass interference penalties and had the fewest total defensive penalties with nine."

Tweet from NFL research trivia, guess the last team who had only 1 penalty in a playoff game, the lowest in 6 years. Here is a hint, we just played them. Obvious jobbing if I had ever seen it.

We just now realize that this happens a lot with the Pats. Baltimore fans will tell us all about it. We just never really paid attention since we were too busy in our irrelevance and talking about the draft this time of the year

We needed some clutch first downs at the end. Not a horrible punt out of our own end zone... we had our chances to win the game. No game this year was perfectly officiated. They have been letting teams play the entire playoffs.
No pain, no gain.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2018, 01:26 AM by jaglyn.)

There was no chance we were getting fair treatment 2 games in a row. Last week the refs let the two teams play and it bit the NFL in the behind and we won that one. This time around, sorry Jags, this is where you get off

We all knew it was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. We could have waxed the Eagles in the super bowl. We've been beating the refs and the opposition most of the year. Today we came up short against the NE Reftriots

(01-22-2018, 12:32 AM)tyus Wrote: This says it all:

[Image: FNAgJb9t2agbqAOvpngBybnitOkJXbLq89mUtnAK...f882a36940]

Yeah, it says Jags are up 14-9, pending the extra point. That ref isn't nearly today enough at the moment.

Eagles are essentially equivalent to us on defense and about 10x better on offense. There is really no reason to believe they won't beat NE, baring ref assistance of course.