Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else gonna watch Bortles this preseason?

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2019, 09:36 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Bortles 3 for 8 for 50 yards. Under 50%, goods ypc though.

(08-09-2019, 01:20 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 11:20 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/08...k-perfect/

Look at that beautiful throwing motion.

He has a worse throwing motion than Tebow and Leftwich put together. 

Why in the world is he holding the ball upside down with his arm in a horizontal position? 

That’s crazy. He throws the ball like Lonzo shoots a 3.

What’s weird is when he rolls out to his right, he throws a great spiral and has perfect form.
I was being sarcastic when you see that standstill picture of him throwing  on the usatoday website.  I

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-10-2019, 09:34 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Bortles 3 for 8 for 50 yards.  Under 50%, goods ypc though.

(08-09-2019, 01:20 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: He has a worse throwing motion than Tebow and Leftwich put together. 

Why in the world is he holding the ball upside down with his arm in a horizontal position? 

That’s crazy. He throws the ball like Lonzo shoots a 3.

What’s weird is when he rolls out to his right, he throws a great spiral and has perfect form.
I was being sarcastic when you see that standstill picture of him throwing  on the usatoday website.  I

Oh I know you were bro. His motion is terrible.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2019, 09:58 PM by Mowerguy.)

Biggest question will always be..... if/when they have to put him in......which will show up?
Good Blake or Bad Blake?

And Bad Blake is "hitting your lineman on the helmet" bad.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Bortles looking calm, poised, and accurate in the Rams offense.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bortles will be starting somewhere next year he is way above some starters this year.

(08-17-2019, 11:37 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Bortles will be starting somewhere next year he is way above some starters this year.

I will bet you 2 cases of Mountain Dew that he won’t be a starter ever again.

(08-17-2019, 11:37 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Bortles will be starting somewhere next year he is way above some starters this year.
Do you get a notification anytime Blake is mentioned here?

(08-17-2019, 10:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Bortles looking calm, poised, and accurate in the Rams offense.

Because he's had all off season to relearn fundamentals again. If he were starting in LA, by the third game he would relapse to his old sloppy self again. He's the perfect backup QB because he can use all that down time to stay polished on basics.

(08-18-2019, 09:06 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-17-2019, 10:40 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Bortles looking calm, poised, and accurate in the Rams offense.

Because he's had all off season to relearn fundamentals again. If he were starting in LA, by the third game he would relapse to his old sloppy self again. He's the perfect backup QB because he can use all that down time to stay polished on basics.

Maybe. Or maybe he's getting good help from the Rams staff in technique and scheme. Or maybe it was just a Good Blake appearance. The Jags never should've started him so soon imo, he needed the bench time that first year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-18-2019, 09:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 09:06 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Because he's had all off season to relearn fundamentals again. If he were starting in LA, by the third game he would relapse to his old sloppy self again. He's the perfect backup QB because he can use all that down time to stay polished on basics.

Maybe. Or maybe he's getting good help from the Rams staff in technique and scheme. Or maybe it was just a Good Blake appearance. The Jags never should've started him so soon imo, he needed the bench time that first year.
Still making excuses for a bad QB I see.....

(08-18-2019, 09:36 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 09:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Maybe. Or maybe he's getting good help from the Rams staff in technique and scheme. Or maybe it was just a Good Blake appearance. The Jags never should've started him so soon imo, he needed the bench time that first year.
Still making excuses for a bad QB I see.....

Sure, totally what I said.

Looking at the box for the Rams last night it is interesting that all 3 of their QBs spent time in Jacksonville.

(08-18-2019, 09:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 09:06 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Because he's had all off season to relearn fundamentals again. If he were starting in LA, by the third game he would relapse to his old sloppy self again. He's the perfect backup QB because he can use all that down time to stay polished on basics.

I used to think the same thing, and still do, but as time progressed I could see that he is fundamentally flawed. His physical tools are good, but between the ears he simply doesn't have the mental fortitude to maintain a high level of play. He allows bad habits, and frequently a defeatist mindset (thus the Good Blake Bad Blake phenomena) to set in.

Fournette is still in his corner

https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...11489?s=19

What language is that lady speaking from Fournette's tv?

(08-18-2019, 04:04 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: What language is that lady speaking from Fournette's tv?

"Auditions for that 5th, and potentially 6th wide receiver"

Blake looked great. So happy for him. Really hope he can land a starting job on the future

(08-19-2019, 02:11 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Blake looked great. So happy for him. Really hope he can land a starting job on the future

I hope he replaces Mariotta in TN
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt