Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug just put on a clinic of what it’s like to be carried past an 0-3 team

(09-29-2019, 08:31 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Guys up front need to play smarter. We made it harder on ourselves than it had to be. Jack had a personal foul, Cam on top of holding penalties and the false starts was asking for a personal foul at the end.

I simply cannot fathom what he was thinking there.  You are on a game ending drive, bodies rub in the trenches, now you started to show out?  I was horrified!  Cam Robinson is not only playing at a barely average level, his excessive attitude in a couple of instances is starting to sicken me.  We literally could have lost that game at the tail end if the refs flagged that despicable behavior.  He kept on going too, even when no one else was reacting to him.  What's wrong with him, seriously?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-29-2019, 09:00 PM)BritJag Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 08:31 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Guys up front need to play smarter. We made it harder on ourselves than it had to be. Jack had a personal foul, Cam on top of holding penalties and the false starts was asking for a personal foul at the end.

I simply cannot fathom what he was thinking there.  You are on a game ending drive, bodies rub in the trenches, now you started to show out?  I was horrified!  Cam Robinson is not only playing at a barely average level, his excessive attitude in a couple of instances is starting to sicken me.  We literally could have lost that game at the tail end if the refs flagged that despicable behavior.  He kept on going too, even when no one else was reacting to him.  What's wrong with him, seriously?

Yeah the way he kept shoving O'shaughnessy was stupid. I really thought he was gonna turn on O'Shaughnessy.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 09:04 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

There will be 2 camps in this tread. Those who realize we win in spite of a horrible HC and coaching staff, and those who pretend this is sustainable.

I give credit for this win to the coaching staff.
The adjustments made at halftime and the first drive of the third quarter totally changed the game.
Kudos to the coaches.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(09-29-2019, 07:58 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: i hate this coach and his offensive scheme with a passion!

Look, I'm no fan of Marrone, but any coach that can take his team from flatlined on offense to steamrolling the opponent just by making a few adjustments (and benching some dead weight) at halftime deserves props.

(09-29-2019, 09:09 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I give credit for this win to the coaching staff.
The adjustments made at halftime and the first drive of the third quarter totally changed the game.
Kudos to the coaches.

Yeah, when they win you have to give them credit.   Some people just can't be happy with a win, they have to [BLEEP] about the coaching staff.

(09-29-2019, 09:13 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 07:58 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: i hate this coach and his offensive scheme with a passion!

Look, I'm no fan of Marrone, but any coach that can take his team from flatlined on offense to steamrolling the opponent just by making a few adjustments (and benching some dead weight) at halftime deserves props.

Excellent post....DM did a good coaching job today.

(09-29-2019, 09:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There will be 2 camps in this tread. Those who realize we win in spite of a horrible HC and coaching staff, and those who pretend this is sustainable.
Why not both?

Did anybody else know that Michael Seymour plays World Poker now? Odd.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-29-2019, 09:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 09:09 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: I give credit for this win to the coaching staff.
Kudos to the coaches.

Yeah, when they win you have to give them credit.   Some people just can't be happy with a win, they have to [BLEEP] about the coaching staff.

It's because the coaching staff sucks Marty. We needed the magic of a 6th round rookie to overcome the 0-3 Joe Flacco led Broncos. This team has never had the ability to easily beat teams they are supposed to beat, and that is a direct reflection on the coaching staff.

(09-29-2019, 09:04 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There will be 2 camps in this tread. Those who realize we win in spite of a horrible HC and coaching staff, and those who pretend this is sustainable.

We had good coaching today apart from Todd Wash late in game. Good coaching vs titans, good coaching vs texans until the bad 2 point try.

(09-29-2019, 09:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:

We had good coaching today apart from Todd Wash late in game. Good coaching vs titans, good coaching vs texans until the bad 2 point try.

If Minshew doesnt lead us to a FG on last drive, was coaching still good today?

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 09:28 PM by Caldrac.)

(09-29-2019, 09:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:

I liked the 2 point call. Just not the play. But.... he learned from that mistake. That's why they're 2 - 2 now. He's uncuffed his rookie. Takes balls to do that.

He did address Robinson's sloppy and slap [BLEEP] job today on the football field too in the 2nd half.

I don't give a [BLEEP] if it's Bruce Smith or Reggie White in their primes. When you're out there you do your damn job.

He was embarrassing. And for an Alabama prospect that Saban got all tickled about he sure as [BLEEP] plays like he came out of Tennessee. If you can't perform. Own up to it. Don't be a detriment to your team. Speak up.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-29-2019, 09:13 PM)TJBender Wrote:

I'll give credit where credit is due and the coaching staff did make some half time adjustments that enabled the team to win.  My issue is the mentality of playing not to lose before the opening kick-off which this regime has a history of doing.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2019, 09:49 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

I mean we found an ugly way to get it done. It took some ad lib improv from Minshew but the fact that we were under siege and Sacksonville was absent to have still won on the road like that is pretty remarkable. Those were the games with Bortles under center we wilt under pressure and aren't clutch at all and lose. Then the sky is falling and everyone stinks.
No pain, no gain.

(09-29-2019, 09:48 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I mean we found an ugly way to get it done. It took some ad lib improv from Minshew but the fact that we were under siege and Sacksonville was absent to have still won on the road like that is pretty remarkable. Those were the games with Bortles under center we wilt under pressure and aren't clutch at all and lose. Then the sky is falling and everyone stinks.

You say ugly win, I say overcoming a challenge. How many times, in the past, were we down by 14 (or more...) and we all KNEW the game was over because we couldn't muster any points? Its about time we show signs of a team who can still overcome being down in a hole and still having a foot in the game.

I thought the game plan and coaching was great today
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

That double fake play call with O'Shaughnessy scoring a TD was absolutely beautiful.

btw the last player we had from Tennessee never screwed up like C Robinson.....what's his problem?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Sean Payton asked about 6 Penalities for 60 yards and he said what every coach should say. You pull those [BLEEP] off the field.

(09-29-2019, 09:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 09:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:  We had good coaching today apart from Todd Wash late in game. Good coaching vs titans, good coaching vs texans until the bad 2 point try.

If Minshew doesnt lead us to a FG on last drive, was coaching still good today?

(the coaching brought us back from 17-3 and helped us get the chance to kick a last second FG)