Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where's the love for Fournette?

(10-07-2019, 09:56 PM)enigma Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 09:53 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/MichaelFFlorio/statu...58592?s=20

Also, no other runningback has faced more stacked defensive fronts than our guy Leonard.

I don't know if that's actually accurate in 2019.  Do you have a source on that? 

The first three weeks we ran out of a lot of three WR sets that unstacked the box. We've since gone to heavier sets and corresponding stacked boxes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-07-2019, 10:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 09:56 PM)enigma Wrote: Also, no other runningback has faced more stacked defensive fronts than our guy Leonard.

I don't know if that's actually accurate in 2019.  Do you have a source on that? 

The first three weeks we ran out of a lot of three WR sets that unstacked the box. We've since gone to heavier sets and corresponding stacked boxes.

Actually, you are right - its inaccurate thus far. I guess I was blending data from multiple seasons.

Here's the link and I sorted by 8+ defender %.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushi...-defenders

It's interesting to note Fournette's statistics with regards to the % against 8+ man fronts.

I think teams have stacked the box less often lately now that minshew and chark pose a threat as well.

If they blocked for him in the first half of games he'd have 1000 now lol, But really the emergence of the passing threat should give him way more chances to have good games

It's really, really nice to see how LF27 has regained his form.....especially in light of all the TS50 and JR20 noise.
The positives happening these days far outweigh the negatives.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Fournette is a man who took TC's advise to heart and turned his attitude upside down. One of our other players? Not so much.

It's reported that he addressed the team after Sundays loss and gave them a pep talk of sorts if you will. He indicated that he loved them and that they will win many games. Quite the difference from what he displayed last year. I extend him props for that. Hope he generates another 100 yard game this Sunday.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Fournette now has the most rushing yards through 27 games in team history.

(10-13-2019, 10:55 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Fournette now has the most rushing yards through 27 games in team history.

Wow. That’s impressive

Imagine how many Jordan Howard would’ve had. He’s infinitely better than Fournette I’ve been told

I’ve been really hard on Fournette since he came here. I haven’t ever been a fan, but after a slow start, he’s done very well this season. Hopefully, he can continue at this pace.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 10:15 AM by JackCity.)

(10-14-2019, 09:55 AM)JNev Wrote: Imagine how many Jordan Howard would’ve had. He’s infinitely better than Fournette I’ve been told

Better in previous seasons, which is what the point of the conversation was lol 

Fournette has been better this year, even though Howard is playing very well in his rbcc role too.

Happy to see him rebound

I think they should have rode Fournette more yesterday early on.
It seemed like they wanted to come out throwing
only 4 of the first 12 plays were runs with LF

Our best drives were about 50/50 run pass

If Fournette continues at this pace, would anyone want to re-sign him? 

I had him locked up as a one contract and out guy.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 04:09 PM by rfc17.)

There was one play in the 2nd half I believe where it was a run up the middle which was completely clogged, and the moment he got the handoff, he instantly bounced it outside to the left and got a decent gain out of it. Was thinking it was the first time I can remember him seeing a lane opening up away from the direction of the play and instantly hitting it without hesitation. Gotta him some props. Definitely seems to be improving his play.

(10-14-2019, 04:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: If Fournette continues at this pace, would anyone want to re-sign him? 

Extremely team friendly deal, very little guaranteed

If Minshew becomes who we think he is, no chance they resign him

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 04:18 PM by JackCity.)

(10-14-2019, 04:09 PM)rfc17 Wrote: There was one play in the 2nd half I believe where it was a run up the middle which was completely clogged, and the moment he got the handoff, he instantly bounced it outside to the left and got a decent gain out of it.  Was thinking it was the first time I can remember him seeing a lane opening up away from the direction of the play and instantly hitting it without hesitation.  Gotta him some props.  Definitely seems to be improving his play.

I think you can see the game slowing down for him right now

(10-14-2019, 04:04 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: If Fournette continues at this pace, would anyone want to re-sign him? 

Hard to say. All it takes is one injury for me to pass tbh

It's hard to want to resign a RB these days, especially if they're known for injury issues.

That said, i've been harsh on the guy this past year and I will confess, he's playing well right now. I dunno if I'd want him back or not. If he were willing to sign for a reasonable price i'd be open to it. As long as he's not demanding the money guys like Elliot got paid.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2019, 09:54 PM by sfljaguarsfan.)

He's 3rd in the league in rushing... What I'm waiting for is all the no nothings on this forum to come say they were wrong and admit they have no clue what a good RB looks like. You know, the same dummies who said Yedlon was wayyy better than Fournette and should be our starter - bahahahaha.

I had to explain to them what an arm tackle was and how Yedlon couldn't break them. Fournette long run vs Denver he broke two arm tackles, Yedlon would've been tackled for a one yard loss from the first one.

This forum is hard to come back to some times with stupidity like that going on.

IMO it all depends on a couple things.... The cap, Yan should be priority number 1, figuring out a way to keep Calais around (as in a restructure), and the development of Armstead.
Also... what RBs are available in the draft.

Could we get a guy like Najee Harris in round 2?
Or snag a late round guy like Ragas. 

I wouldn't be opposed to resigning him if the $ is right. Because he is getting better.
But he isn't an out of the world talent, like a CMC type, so he's expendable and honestly not sure he's kept no matter how well he plays this year....

But then again, this front office has surprised before  Rolleyes

(10-15-2019, 10:32 AM)Kane Wrote:

IMO it all depends on a couple things.... The cap, Yan should be priority number 1, figuring out a way to keep Calais around (as in a restructure), and the development of Armstead.
Also... what RBs are available in the draft.

Could we get a guy like Najee Harris in round 2?
Or snag a late round guy like Ragas. 

I wouldn't be opposed to resigning him if the $ is right. Because he is getting better.
But he isn't an out of the world talent, like a CMC type, so he's expendable and honestly not sure he's kept no matter how well he plays this year....

But then again, this front office has surprised before  Rolleyes

In that regard, he's still under contract for another year since he was a first rounder and potentially the option year as well (doubt we'd pay that money though)